Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Damn. I hate being here alone.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Paul
Admin

Number of posts : 3518
Dictionary Definition : Dictionary Definition: Paul-One of the few male LC creatures known to exist, this specimen is one of the eldest in the LC universe. This specimen is known to work long hours but still makes time to commingle with fellow LC denizens. This being has a peculiar sense of humor and has been observed to shun smilies, although this aversion has been lessening as of late.
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:56 pm

Laura wrote:
Well, I actually like him which is usually an indication that tomorrow at the latest he'll notice how utterly unacceptable he finds me.

Laura, come on now. Don't you go knocking yourself around like that. Don't make me fly to Germany to shake my finger at you in a scolding way! Laughing

Seriously, I hate to see a friend come down on themselves like this. I happen to know you are a great person, and if, by chance, this guy does walk, then he is not worthy of you. But let's not automatically assume this will happen. You may be surprised. Be positive, Laura. Smile

Laura
Admin

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:56 pm

Well, I actually like him which is usually an indication that tomorrow at the latest he'll notice how utterly unacceptable he finds me.

Paul
Admin

Dictionary Definition : Dictionary Definition: Paul-One of the few male LC creatures known to exist, this specimen is one of the eldest in the LC universe. This specimen is known to work long hours but still makes time to commingle with fellow LC denizens. This being has a peculiar sense of humor and has been observed to shun smilies, although this aversion has been lessening as of late.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:28 pm

Laura wrote:
Just had a blind date. The least unsuccessful blind date of this year, actually, which is rather promising. We'll wait and see... I think.

"Least unsuccessful"?

Not exactly a ringing endorsement, Laura. Laughing

Still, if you think there may be promise, I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Smile

Laura
Admin

Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:51 pm

Just had a blind date. The least unsuccessful blind date of this year, actually, which is rather promising. We'll wait and see... I think.

Jen
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2010-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:46 pm

Paul wrote:
Jen wrote:
As I recall, isn't fall your favorite time of year Paul?

Pretty much. I love the crisp air after the humidity of summer. However, as autumn progresses I know that dreaded winter is getting ready to pounce.

Unfortunately in my area, it seems that winter lasts until mid-April, anyway, then it stays cool until we are blasted with high humidity and temps in the 90's F. Spring, where are ya? Laughing

Haha. My car said it was 109 degrees Fahrenheit at first then when I started driving it dropped to 104. It's very humid heat index like 115 over the weekend. It even feels humid in the house right now. But I guess that's what you get for living on the coast...and surrounded by bay water, rivers, marshes, and creeks. Spring tends to be mild here though. Fall can stay pretty hot at times. I like summer and the heat, but once it breaks a 100 I just want to stay inside under the air conditioner.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paul
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:20 pm

Jen wrote:
As I recall, isn't fall your favorite time of year Paul?

Pretty much. I love the crisp air after the humidity of summer. However, as autumn progresses I know that dreaded winter is getting ready to pounce.

Unfortunately in my area, it seems that winter lasts until mid-April, anyway, then it stays cool until we are blasted with high humidity and temps in the 90's F. Spring, where are ya? Laughing

Jen
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:48 am

I haven't really gotten to enjoy much of the season. Ive gone to the beach a few times, but life doesn't seem to slow down even in the summers anymore. As I recall, isn't fall your favorite time of year Paul?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laura
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:15 pm

"Summer". Wait. I know that word. I am quite sure I have heard that one before... scratch

It's been raining for two weeks now, and there's no end in sight. Yay summer holidays. Very Happy

Paul
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:49 pm

I always know when summer has made itself comfortable when the humidity is like a constant wet towel on my face and my lawn becomes a nice toasty brown. Still, I'll be pining away for just this type of weather when the first snow storm hits in a few more months.

How is summer going for everyone else?

Jen
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:58 am

*super blush*

Thanks Laura. You're quite beautiful yourself. =)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laura
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:10 pm

Jen - wow, what a pretty girl you are!!! What eyes!! Shocked

Jen
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:23 pm

Laura wrote:
Jen wrote:
Paul wrote:
Jen wrote:
So it hasn't died yet Paul?

Not yet. But seeing as it's about five years old or so, in computer years I imagine it is pushing 80... Razz

Mine is 7 years old... what is that in computer years? LOL

Walking dead. Laughing

HAHAHA. Good one! Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laura
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:39 pm

I just came across the very same page! Very Happy However, I am getting there already, in a way at least. I'll have new shelves fixed up high near the ceiling to give me more space. Also, I'll get new shelves to squeeze into the corners of my study. A friend of mine recently came over, looked around my living room and suggested I should get a second set of Ikea's Billy shelves to line the walls. Very Happy

Paul
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:47 pm

Paul
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:41 pm

Laura wrote:
I handed out my report cards today. I'm off for the summer. Yay! Very Happy

Excellent! Enjoy yourself, Laura! Very Happy

Laura
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:33 pm

I handed out my report cards today. I'm off for the summer. Yay! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:38 pm

Well, I didn't go to the Lady Gaga concert, but a friend of mine did - and I'm happy for him, because he is a grade-A Lady Gaga fanatic. So better him than me. Very Happy

In other news, I'm having a lot of fun watching the Firefly TV series.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:20 pm

It's good to see you, Laura! I know that wrapping up your teaching job at the school for the season has been chaotic, but I hope you can find some time to relax this summer! Take the time to read the books you want to read, and even do some writing! Very Happy

Laura
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:27 am

Jen wrote:
Paul wrote:
Jen wrote:

Not yet. But seeing as it's about five years old or so, in computer years I imagine it is pushing 80... Razz

Walking dead. Laughing

Jen
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:15 am

Paul wrote:
Jen wrote:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paul
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:43 pm

Jen wrote:

Jen
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:24 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paul
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:46 pm

Well, no new computer yet, but I'm back, at least for now...

Anyway, take care of yourself, Lilli! I'm sure you'll be fine, but still we worry about you. If you go to the Lady Gaga concert, enjoy!

Jen
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:54 am

Lillian wrote:
Sad to say, summer is typhoon season for this part of the Pacific. So - incoming typhoon. Nothing serious, but - cue several summer pool parties being canceled.
Other than that, I'm good! I know Lady Gaga probably isn't held in too high esteem here, but she's performing in Taichung July 3 ... and I'm excited. Smile

That could be an interesting concert. I like her music somewhat. At least she has expression. Stay safe Lillian.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:27 pm

Sad to say, summer is typhoon season for this part of the Pacific. So - incoming typhoon. Nothing serious, but - cue several summer pool parties being canceled.
Other than that, I'm good! I know Lady Gaga probably isn't held in too high esteem here, but she's performing in Taichung July 3 ... and I'm excited. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   

Back to top Go down

Damn. I hate being here alone.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next