Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Damn. I hate being here alone.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Paul
Admin

Number of posts : 3518
Dictionary Definition : Dictionary Definition: Paul-One of the few male LC creatures known to exist, this specimen is one of the eldest in the LC universe. This specimen is known to work long hours but still makes time to commingle with fellow LC denizens. This being has a peculiar sense of humor and has been observed to shun smilies, although this aversion has been lessening as of late.
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Wed May 18, 2011 7:55 pm

March Hare wrote:
Sorry about that Lili...

I haven't been around recently because I am currently in the middle of some examinations. I just finished one a couple of hours ago, after spending several hours in panic mode the previous night. I think it went better than I thought it would.Wink

Anyway, I have to admit that I envy you, Laura, in regards the trip you took. It sounds like fun, and something you deserved.

No problem. Exams come first, after all. And I have a good feeling you're going to ace them. Smile

March Hare

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Wed May 18, 2011 2:51 am

Sorry about that Lili...

I haven't been around recently because I am currently in the middle of some examinations. I just finished one a couple of hours ago, after spending several hours in panic mode the previous night. I think it went better than I thought it would.Wink

Anyway, I have to admit that I envy you, Laura, in regards the trip you took. It sounds like fun, and something you deserved.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jen
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2010-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Tue May 17, 2011 1:49 am

Aww. I'm sorry Lilli
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laura
Admin

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Mon May 16, 2011 6:22 pm

Sweetie, that sucks big time! I was unemployed for the first three months of 2011, and I hated every minute of it - I know the feeling of being rejected.

But it sounds as if you had found a silver lining?

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Mon May 16, 2011 7:00 am

Laura, your trip sounds really fun, and I bet the scenery was beautiful.
Thanks for the support, Paul. I must admit I was pretty bummed at first, but I think that it might be working out now. I appreciate all the great consideration you guys always have shown.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin

Dictionary Definition : Dictionary Definition: Paul-One of the few male LC creatures known to exist, this specimen is one of the eldest in the LC universe. This specimen is known to work long hours but still makes time to commingle with fellow LC denizens. This being has a peculiar sense of humor and has been observed to shun smilies, although this aversion has been lessening as of late.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Sun May 15, 2011 4:38 pm

Ah, I'm sorry to hear that, Lilli. Losing a job, especially one you were looking forward to and landing, sucks. But I hope you don't come down too hard on yourself. I know it hurts now, but try your best to put it behind you. And you know we're always here to lean on if you need it.

Happy birthday, Kitty. We would love to see you back. Smile

PostSubject: MMMRPH ... mmmprh.   Sun May 15, 2011 11:50 am

Didn't want to post here because I was feeling down. And then later didn't want to post because I was afraid of the web vitriol that would have come spewing out of my mouth.

I lost the job. Yeah. My life is such a joke. It would have been one thing to be rejected, but accepted and then dismissed? Ouch.

I guess sometimes reality is something you have to rise above. Hehe.

Anyway ..... the real reason I'm posting:

Today, according to LC, is Kitty's birthday. I miss Kitty, she was a great poster, both on YA and here. Kitty, have a great 20th birthday, and have lots of cake and ice cream and a crazy fun time! Thinking of you. jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Sat May 14, 2011 8:25 pm

Hmmm. It seems everyone is on an extended vacation. I guess I'll just hold down the ol' fort in the meantime.

La de da de da... whistle

Paul
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Sun May 08, 2011 5:34 pm

Welcome back, Laura! That sounds like it was a fun trip, even if it was a "working vacation" of sorts. It's always interesting to take kids out of their normal, familiar environment and expose them to other aspects of the world around them.

Things are fine around here. Today is Mother's Day, so I'll be seeing my mom later. Maybe I can talk my kids into cleaning their room as a gift to my wife. Eh, that may be a case of having expectations that are a bit too high. Razz

Laura
Admin

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Sun May 08, 2011 8:28 am

I'm back in town. I spent a few days on a class trip to Norderney, a beautiful island in the North Sea. We had a great time, with my poor city kids being speechless with joy over every rabbit and flower they saw (which, I admit, lead to rare and precious moments of silence).

How are things with you?

Paul
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Thu May 05, 2011 8:46 pm

Lillian wrote:
Your wishing works wonders, Jen! *bounces excitedly* No kidding, I JUST finished reading your comment when an email popped into my inbox. I got the job. YESYESYESYESYES! cheers '

And good luck on your writing, Jen. I know you'll be brilliant. alien

Yay Lilli! cheers clapping elephant banana Best of luck with your job! I know you'll do great!

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Thu May 05, 2011 4:15 pm

Your wishing works wonders, Jen! *bounces excitedly* No kidding, I JUST finished reading your comment when an email popped into my inbox. I got the job. YESYESYESYESYES! cheers '

And good luck on your writing, Jen. I know you'll be brilliant. alien
Back to top Go down
Jen
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Thu May 05, 2011 9:48 am

Lillian wrote:
Jen wrote:
Lillian wrote:
Jen wrote:
what's happenin?

Suspect

I'm breathing and living for May 25th, where I get off school finally.
And I'm also on the line for summer jobs. Fingers crossed ...

what kind of jobs??

Mainly English teaching, but if that doesn't work out, stuff like waitressing or secretarial work.

oh my. good luck. I am almost done with this weaving the three stories together. I made a picture album to help me along the way too
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Thu May 05, 2011 3:06 am

Jen wrote:
Lillian wrote:
Jen wrote:
what's happenin?

Suspect

what kind of jobs??

Mainly English teaching, but if that doesn't work out, stuff like waitressing or secretarial work.
Back to top Go down
Jen
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Wed May 04, 2011 2:44 am

Lillian wrote:
Jen wrote:
what's happenin?

Suspect

what kind of jobs??

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Tue May 03, 2011 10:11 am

Jen wrote:
what's happenin?

Suspect

Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Mon May 02, 2011 11:55 pm

Jen wrote:
Have you ever come to the realization that your current story doesn't have enough to make it a full length novel?

I have recently. So, I've been taking inventory of all the ideas I have and am considering combining one or two or three. If I type of synopsis of them and post it on the prose section will you give me your opinions on what you think would work better together? I know it's my decision, but I value your opinions.

cat pig albino flower elephant reindeer

Absolutely. I would love to see it! Very Happy And yes, I will be honest. Smile

Jen
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Mon May 02, 2011 7:54 pm

Have you ever come to the realization that your current story doesn't have enough to make it a full length novel?

I have recently. So, I've been taking inventory of all the ideas I have and am considering combining one or two or three. If I type of synopsis of them and post it on the prose section will you give me your opinions on what you think would work better together? I know it's my decision, but I value your opinions.

cat pig albino flower elephant reindeer
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paul
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Sun May 01, 2011 2:36 pm

Happy birthday to our old friend Zara! An original member of the LC, she is much missed around here. Zara, if by chance you read this, I hope your birthday is a great one! cheers

Jen
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:16 pm

what's happenin?

Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paul
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:06 pm

Jen wrote:
hi!

*waves* I miss you guys.

We miss you too! Glad to see you here! Very Happy

Jen
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:07 pm

hi!

*waves* I miss you guys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:26 pm

Hey Kathryn. Glad to see you're doing well.

Easter for me was uneventful. I'm tired but I need to study - but I need to sleep cos' tomorrow I have taekwondo class. Ah. what to do, what to do....

Back to top Go down
Kathryn

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2010-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:38 pm

Easter was a five day holiday in Australia this year, as it coincided with another holiday, ANZAC day. I managed to get a bit of writing done, though not nearly as much as I would have liked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.whowasabigailcarter.blogspot.com
Paul
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:58 pm

Yes, that's right, Easter is this Sunday. I am not much of one for gardening, but reading heaps of books sounds like a great idea! Very Happy albino

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   

Back to top Go down

Damn. I hate being here alone.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Literary Cabinet :: Archive-
Jump to: