Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Damn. I hate being here alone.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Paul
Admin

Number of posts : 3518
Dictionary Definition : Dictionary Definition: Paul-One of the few male LC creatures known to exist, this specimen is one of the eldest in the LC universe. This specimen is known to work long hours but still makes time to commingle with fellow LC denizens. This being has a peculiar sense of humor and has been observed to shun smilies, although this aversion has been lessening as of late.
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:31 pm

It looks like I will need a new computer. It seems the hard drive in my current one is about ready to kick the bucket, so before that happens, and I lose all my files, I need to back them up (if I can) and see if they can be installed in a new computer. As I am a computer moron this should be interesting. So I may be gone for a few days. Wish me luck.

Jen
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2010-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:27 am

Hello everyone! How is summer going for you all?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paul
Admin

Dictionary Definition : Dictionary Definition: Paul-One of the few male LC creatures known to exist, this specimen is one of the eldest in the LC universe. This specimen is known to work long hours but still makes time to commingle with fellow LC denizens. This being has a peculiar sense of humor and has been observed to shun smilies, although this aversion has been lessening as of late.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:37 pm

Lillian wrote:
I don't know how much Kathryn still comes onto LC, but Kathryn, if you are here, I am wishing you a lovely birthday! huuuug huuuug huuuug huuuug Take care of yourself!
starwars

Happy birthday, Kathryn! I hope you're having a great day! cheers elephant bouncy banana

PostSubject: Happy Birthday, Kathryn!   Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:15 am

I don't know how much Kathryn still comes onto LC, but Kathryn, if you are here, I am wishing you a lovely birthday! huuuug huuuug huuuug huuuug Take care of yourself!
starwars
Back to top Go down
March Hare

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:45 pm

Looking forward to it.

Today I finally managed to catch up with my economics. I have a driving test tomorrow (just for a scooter), and a job interview which could bring in quite a lot of cash if successful. I hope everything goes well.

Anyway, I'm wishing everyone here a relaxing weekend. I hope to pick up The Count of Monte Cristo which I was forced to drop during May when I had exams, and was unable to continue since.

Oh, and I derived a sadistic pleasure at seeing the 300 million dollar The Green Lantern get bashed by the critics. When will directors learn that audiences aren't all that stupid....?
Anyway, I hope to see you guys around more often, and I hope to be around more often as well. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paul
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:49 pm

And it's always good to see my two favorite people from Taiwan here, as well!

I may have a story coming soon to the writing section. Right now it needs a bit of work. woooork

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:40 am

It's really great to see you, Zara, and I hope you check back more regularly in the future.

Things are good here, despite the insufferable heat.
Back to top Go down
March Hare

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:37 am

Glad to hear you both (Paul and Lara) are doing well.

It's great to see you back, Zara. Your intellect and wit has been sorely missed. Oh, and btw, this is Nolo.

Anyway, The bad news is that I don't get to take the summer off, as I have more exams in October. The good news is that I may be able to snag a high-paying English teaching job during the summer as well. It's always a balancing act when it comes to work and studying, but I like to think that I manage it rather well.

Anyway, I hope to see more of you Zara, and good luck with all your science classes. I hope Japanese is as interesting as Chinese Wink.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paul
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:27 pm

I knew the odds were in your favor, Laura, but when you know only one person in a certain country, and you hear this sort of thing on the news, you get a little worried. But I'm glad to see you are well and fine!

Zara, it is always a pleasure to see you come back! It sounds like you are thriving on a workload that would swamp just about anyone else. My hat is off to you, dear girl. You are going to be a force to be reckoned with wherever you go, and I mean that in the most positive way. Go for the gold!

I am fine. I am feeling better from what was almost pneumonia. I am still on antibiotics, but hopefully the worst is past.

Laura
Admin

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:25 am

Zara Mikazuki wrote:
1 year.

That's how long its been since I last checked in here. To think I was here multiple times a day during 2008 and 2009, I feel like I've gotten lazier and lazier despite becoming busier and busier. I wonder if the two are related somehow.

So I thought that last summer was busy, right? Boy was I mistaken! This summer is WAY more intense. Last summer, I took Japanese language classes and did research 20 hours a week. Now, I'm taking cell bio and thermodynamics, doing research, and now working as a resident assistant in the summer residence halls! You'd think I'd be dead by now, right? Well, that's what I predicted, but somehow, I feel more relaxed: more at peace, I suppose.

By the way, I heard about that E. coli outbreak in Germany! I hope Laura's doing alright!

Anyways, I'll make sure that the next time I check in on here is NOT 1 year from now! Haha....see y'all later. I've got to go and start wasting time before someone gives me some task to do Smile

~Zara Mikazuki

Zara! Shocked It's great to see you!! bouncy

Paul, you're right. I'm having one hell of a week, but it'll be better soon. About the e.coli: The worst about it is the media coverage. And the fact than everyone stares at you whenever you buy a cucumber or some tomatoes at the supermarket, as if you were some kind of superhero... or an unbelievable idiot.

Seriously. There are 82 million people in Germany. 29 of them have actually died, most of which had weak immune systems anyway - children and elderly people, for example. Last year it was swine flu, before that it was bird flu. Each and every one of these diseases was supposed to wipe out humanity... except it didn't.

So don't worry. If the chance of me dying are 82,000,000 to 29, I'm taking that chance if it means I can still have veggies.

How are things with you guys?

Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 4826
Location : The computer of the Biology Research Lab......procrastinating.
Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:04 am

1 year.

That's how long its been since I last checked in here. To think I was here multiple times a day during 2008 and 2009, I feel like I've gotten lazier and lazier despite becoming busier and busier. I wonder if the two are related somehow.

So I thought that last summer was busy, right? Boy was I mistaken! This summer is WAY more intense. Last summer, I took Japanese language classes and did research 20 hours a week. Now, I'm taking cell bio and thermodynamics, doing research, and now working as a resident assistant in the summer residence halls! You'd think I'd be dead by now, right? Well, that's what I predicted, but somehow, I feel more relaxed: more at peace, I suppose.

By the way, I heard about that E. coli outbreak in Germany! I hope Laura's doing alright!

Anyways, I'll make sure that the next time I check in on here is NOT 1 year from now! Haha....see y'all later. I've got to go and start wasting time before someone gives me some task to do Smile

~Zara Mikazuki
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paul
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:16 am

I am back. And I am hoping that the E. coli outbreak in Germany hasn't affected our own Laura.

It's great to see you here again, Zara!

Paul
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:48 pm

Unfortunately, I won't be around for the next few days. Computer repairs. Be back when I can!

March Hare

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:13 pm

Well, I finished the exams, but due to a move, my PC is currently without internet, which explains my absence. I also haven't been very active in novel reading recently. However, I do plan to begin The Constant Gardener as soon as I feel that I have the time to be consistent with it. There are few things worse(in regards to novels)than being forced to stop in the middle of one, and not being able to remember certain key aspects a few months later....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paul
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:30 pm

Helloooo.....?

Laura
Admin

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Mon May 30, 2011 6:38 am

I spent the entire weekend at a workshop in the middle of nowhere. Eleven hours a day of sitting indoors, to ensure we all get an idea of what "basic directing for actors" is all about. The first eight hours were fun, after that, it was just exhausting, especially since many of the group were complete beginners and had never so much as stood on a stage of any sort. But I learned a few things, so maybe it was worth it.

Heading to school now. I'm taking over my new class today, a fifth year this time, fortunately one that I know rather well.

Paul
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Sat May 28, 2011 2:00 pm

Ugh. I've been sick as hell over the past week with a persistent cough and congestion. I even lost my voice (to the vast amusement of those around me), and I am still struggling to get it back. Plus the weather has turned very warm and humid.

So, how is everybody else?

Paul
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Wed May 25, 2011 9:36 pm

Sorry to hear that, Dormouse! I hope you end up with something decent, anyway.

Dormouse
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Wed May 25, 2011 12:07 pm

Hi guys, its been awhile since I've been here Embarassed

Anyways I just found out today that I won't be getting a high paying summer job that I was counting on. Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Mad

Now I have to scramble and try to find a replacement job.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Tue May 24, 2011 1:54 am

Unrelated - but being a fan of anything Joss Whedon makes ensures a lot of pain somewhere along the line ... sigggh. Sad Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Jen
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2010-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Sun May 22, 2011 3:10 am

Paul wrote:
Lillian wrote:
Exams are at the top of my priority list right now as well. I'm spending the entire weekend feverishly revising.

You're going to ace yours as well, Lilli. Very Happy

Well, I just got a summons for jury duty. I'm supposed to report on June 2. Actually, I was summoned ten years ago, as well. It was an interesting experience. We'll see what happens this time. Of course, if I do get picked for a case, I can't discuss it, but I can give my overall, general experience when all is said and done.

I have been in the federal jury pool for 3 years. I don't know how it happened, but I keep getting summoned. I got summoned in April but requested a postponement until July. Good luck Paul.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paul
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Sun May 22, 2011 12:52 am

Ugh. I had a terrible cough for the last few days that does not want to go away. I've been sleeping like crap. Suckage. sick

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Sat May 21, 2011 7:14 am

exciting, Paul Very Happy good luck!
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Fri May 20, 2011 8:27 pm

Lillian wrote:
Exams are at the top of my priority list right now as well. I'm spending the entire weekend feverishly revising.

You're going to ace yours as well, Lilli. Very Happy

Well, I just got a summons for jury duty. I'm supposed to report on June 2. Actually, I was summoned ten years ago, as well. It was an interesting experience. We'll see what happens this time. Of course, if I do get picked for a case, I can't discuss it, but I can give my overall, general experience when all is said and done.

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   Fri May 20, 2011 6:39 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Damn. I hate being here alone.   

Back to top Go down

Damn. I hate being here alone.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next