Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Excellent "Hostage" or "Ransom" situations

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Morgaine

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-04-24

PostSubject: Excellent "Hostage" or "Ransom" situations   Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:25 pm

Hi everyone,

I am popping in to beg for recommendations. I'm looking for books with really excellent hostage scenes. I especially want to read intense "hand-offs," or "drops" where things go wrong, someone tries to con the other party, etc.

I don't know nearly as much as I should for a scene that is coming up in my manuscript. Heck, the scene in your recommendation can be really awful too, that would be just as educating.

Thank you for reading.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tezcatlipoca
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2009-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Excellent "Hostage" or "Ransom" situations   Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:20 am

Okay, I only know of one such series, and that is George R. R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire". Unfortunately, however, it is a little tedious to read and it's about medeival ransoming. There are a lot of hostages taken by certain houses and whatnot, but nothing like a modern drop-off or anything with police involvment.

So... I guess it's kind of not what you're looking for. I will keep my eyes open for a book with such a scene, though banana

Until then, that's all I got.

Sorry Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Morgaine

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Excellent "Hostage" or "Ransom" situations   Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:22 am

Hi,
That might help a lot. I've heard so many people talk about that book, so it's another reason to go pick it up. My scene actually won't involve modern police, but those stories are okay too.

Thanks, I appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Excellent "Hostage" or "Ransom" situations   

Back to top Go down

Excellent "Hostage" or "Ransom" situations
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1