Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

My Romeo and Juliet English homework

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kelsey
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 2780
Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: My Romeo and Juliet English homework   Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:22 pm

Oh, no, it wasn't an effort thing. It was just me being a ditz and staring at the wall while my teacher was telling us there was a back and then being too much of a spaz to flip it over.
I always get my homework done before class starts and I usually do pretty well on tests and such, so I'll bring it up. I just bother myself with my ditziness sometimes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laura
Admin

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: My Romeo and Juliet English homework   Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:46 pm

Oh dear. I'm sorry about that - but your text was fine, so I wouldn't worry about that, really. Simply put in a little extra effort over the next few weeks, and all will be well. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://literarycabinet.roomforum.com
Kelsey
Guru
Guru

Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.

PostSubject: Re: My Romeo and Juliet English homework   Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:35 pm

Dang. Well, I already turned it in, so I can't change anything at all now.
Oh, well, I got a D on a quiz in there today because I didn't do the back so the "heroin/ heroine" is the leas of my English class worries.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laura
Admin

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: My Romeo and Juliet English homework   Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:00 pm

I actually like it, it's what I hope my kids will be able to produce when I'm through with them ^^

But in the first paragraph, I think you mean "heroine" - I have never seen any drugs kill themselves Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://literarycabinet.roomforum.com
Kelsey
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: My Romeo and Juliet English homework   Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:03 am

Would someone please proofread this? It barely makes sense and definitely isn't well written, but it's due tomorrow and I need a checker.

Writing LAB 14: Whose Fault is It?
It is a well-known fact that in The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare the hero and heroin kill themselves. What is less-known is whose fault it truly is that the two “star-cross’d” lovers end their lives. Who is to blame, could any one person be blamed for such a tragic event, and what could they have possibly done to cause it are all important questions. What are their answers?
The first character to blame is Romeo. Romeo who loves without thought; Romeo who leads obedient Juliet to betray her parents in the worst way imaginable to them; Romeo who is quick to act, quick to marry, quick to anger at Tybalt after the death of Mercutio; Romeo who is too quick to drink the poison that would end his life is to blame. Romeo’s quick, irrational, and lustful personality is mainly what leads him to his and his young wife’s death. For this, Romeo holds twenty percent of the blame.
Juliet, obedient Juliet, is the next to be examined. Juliet allows herself to be whisked away by Romeo. She very shortly considers that she is betraying her family when she goes off with Romeo, but it must be wondered how much she really thought things out. She is young, thoughtless, and “in lust,” so she makes careless decisions, the repercussions of which she could not foresee. This failure to consider is what makes Juliet ten percent to blame.
The next character of suspicion is Friar Laurence. He means well, yet he plays a role in the deaths of the young couple. Laurence marries them against better judgment, knowing well the hurried circumstances, in an attempt to hush the ancient fight between the Montagues and the Capulets. If Romeo and Juliet had been married later, the events that cause the suicides would not have occurred. Friar Laurence is, perhaps, six percent to blame.
Friar John, though unintentionally, plays a key role in the deaths. By no fault of his own, he falls under a quarantine and is unable to deliver his message to Romeo. His message: Juliet is alive, and you may come get her. If Friar John had made it to Mantua before Romeo’s servent Balthasar, who bears false news of Juliet’s death, then Romeo would have never bought the poison to kill himself with, and neither Romeo nor Juliet would have died. Friar John, though unfairly, is responsible for five percent of the blame.
Tybalt also holds a significant role in the deaths of Romeo and Juliet. He is possibly five percent to blame. If Tybalt had not fought with Mercutio and, as a result, Romeo, the Romeo would not have been banished. Romeo would never have killed Tybalt, and Romeo would have been able to remain in Verona; Juliet would not weep for Romeo, and Capulet would not try to force Juliet upon Paris. Therefore, Tybalt holds blame on his shoulders as well.
Capulet forcing Paris and Juliet’s wedding is what caused Juliet to leave her family entirely. Out of options, Juliet goes to Friar Laurence, who gives her a sleeping potion, which she then takes to look as if she is dead. Because of Capulet, Juliet does not wake up in time to stop Romeo from killing himself in the tomb. All of these things mean that Capulet holds seven percent of the blame.
The remaining forty-five percent of the blame rests on the fight itself. Perhaps not even the fight, but the ignorance and close-mindedness of the fight. The Capulets and the Montagues, being unwilling to accept and learn about one another, end up losing all that is precious to them. If the two families had managed to have decency enough to learn about each other, then perhaps their children would not have died. The children were mere puppets of their parents’ feud; they had no choice over whom they loved or hated. Being unable to escape this terrible weight of ignorant hatred in their families on top of their love, Romeo and Juliet took their lives, taking many others’ lives and joys with them, though finally ending the old fight that for so long plagued Verona.

Not great, but not awful, hopefully...?

Last edited by Kelsey on Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typos!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Romeo and Juliet English homework   

Back to top Go down

My Romeo and Juliet English homework
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1