Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Dr. Phil's Personality Test

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 4826
Location : The computer of the Biology Research Lab......procrastinating.
Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Dr. Phil's Personality Test   Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:26 pm

In my statistics class, we took this test and did some calculations. I wanted to double check my work with a random population. Since we are all of different ages in different locations, I thought I'd sample the LC!

I know some of you have taken this quiz before (Mariah, Nicholle, Louisa, and myself). But If you could repost your results I'd be so grateful!

I especially need the numerical score. This IS a mathematical/statistical analysis, after all! Very Happy

Here's the link:
http://psychcentral.com/personquiz.htm

Last edited by Zara Nadiya on Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru

Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Phil's Personality Test   Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:27 pm

(This is the preferred format. It should show up like this on the results page)

The Natural Leader

Others see you as an exciting, highly volatile, rather impulsive personality; a natural leader, who's quick to make decisions, though not always the right ones. They see you as bold and adventuresome, someone who will try anything once; someone who takes chances and enjoys an adventure. They enjoy being in your company because of the excitement you radiate.

Score: 59
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paul
Admin

Number of posts : 3518
Dictionary Definition : Dictionary Definition: Paul-One of the few male LC creatures known to exist, this specimen is one of the eldest in the LC universe. This specimen is known to work long hours but still makes time to commingle with fellow LC denizens. This being has a peculiar sense of humor and has been observed to shun smilies, although this aversion has been lessening as of late.
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Phil's Personality Test   Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:56 pm

I got a score of 35, thereby making me:

The Loyal Friend
Others see you as sensible, cautious, careful & practical. They see you as clever, gifted, or talented, but modest. Not a person who makes friends too quickly or easily, but someone who's extremely loyal to friends you do make and who expects the same loyalty in return. Those who really get to know you realize it takes a lot to shake your trust in your friends, but equally that it takes you a long time to get over if that trust is ever broken

There you go, Zara!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 1882
Dictionary Definition : Rodent - Homo Rodentiensis is a typical LC creature. Always ready to laugh about stupidity, this being has long occupied a special moderator status on the LC. As one of the very few LC creatures who actually can get and keep a partner, she is the object of constant envy. Though madness is not part of the average Rodents characteristics, this particular feature can at times be subject to change, especially when striken by severe sleep deprivation.
Awards :
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Phil's Personality Test   Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:49 pm

You scored a total of 46

The Lively Center of Attention
Others see you as fresh, lively, charming, amusing, practical, and always interesting; someone who's constantly in the center of attention, but sufficiently well-balanced not to let it go to their head. They also see you as kind, considerate, and understanding; someone who'll always cheer them up and help them out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 7942
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Phil's Personality Test   Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:45 pm

The Loyal Friend

Others see you as sensible, cautious, careful & practical. They see you as clever, gifted, or talented, but modest. Not a person who makes friends too quickly or easily, but someone who's extremely loyal to friends you do make and who expects the same loyalty in return. Those who really get to know you realize it takes a lot to shake your trust in your friends, but equally that it takes you a long time to get over if that trust is ever broken.

Score: 40

Paul! High-five for loyal friends! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Louisa
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 6193
Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Phil's Personality Test   Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:17 pm

Others see you as fresh, lively, charming, amusing, practical, and always interesting; someone who's constantly in the center of attention, but sufficiently well-balanced not to let it go to their head. They also see you as kind, considerate, and understanding; someone who'll always cheer them up and help them out.

Score: 48

Two can play at that game...
Mariah! High-five for lively centers of attention! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Phil's Personality Test   Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:46 am

Well, dang! I'm the only "Natural Leader" amongst us all. One more point, and I would have been the "Vain Leader"! lol!

Anyways, thanks to y'all so far and I can't wait to get more data so I can jump on the number-crunching! bouncy

Yes. I get excited over bell-curves and number crunching. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kelsey
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 2780
Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Phil's Personality Test   Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:42 am

The Loyal Friend

Others see you as sensible, cautious, careful & practical. They see you as clever, gifted, or talented, but modest. Not a person who makes friends too quickly or easily, but someone who's extremely loyal to friends you do make and who expects the same loyalty in return. Those who really get to know you realize it takes a lot to shake your trust in your friends, but equally that it takes you a long time to get over if that trust is ever broken.

Score: 31

I don't trust these things, just so you know. Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Phil's Personality Test   Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:55 am

Mmkay. So far, we have...[list will be updated as new scores roll in]

Kelsey---31
Kevin----42
Laura----36
Lillian----47
Louisa---48
Mariah---46
Nicholle--40
Paul------35
Zara-----59

Can't wait to see everyone else!

EDIT: By the way, Nicholle, I purposely put them in ABC order, so that I'd know who responded. Being the math girl myself, putting them in order is instinct, but then it would be harder to determine who responded and who didn't. Mmkay?

Last edited by Zara Sahana 007 on Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:43 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tezcatlipoca
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2009-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Phil's Personality Test   Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:28 am

Lively centre of attention!

Score of 42!

The most mystical number on the planet!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Phil's Personality Test   Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:30 pm

Results of your
How Do Others Perceive You? Quiz

You scored a total of 47

Whoa, that is SO not me!!!

What!??!??!! gape gape gape gape gape
Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru

Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Phil's Personality Test   Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:16 pm

Zara, it's bugging me so much that you aren't putting them in order. lol!

Kelsey---31
Paul------35
Nicholle--40
Kevin----42
Mariah---46
Lillian----47
Louisa---48
Zara-----59
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 1882
Dictionary Definition : Rodent - Homo Rodentiensis is a typical LC creature. Always ready to laugh about stupidity, this being has long occupied a special moderator status on the LC. As one of the very few LC creatures who actually can get and keep a partner, she is the object of constant envy. Though madness is not part of the average Rodents characteristics, this particular feature can at times be subject to change, especially when striken by severe sleep deprivation.
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Phil's Personality Test   Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:23 pm

Tourterelle wrote:

Kelsey---31
Paul------35
Nicholle--40
Kevin----42
Mariah---46
Lillian----47
Louisa---48
Zara-----59

OCD anyone? lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laura
Admin

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Phil's Personality Test   Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:28 pm

You scored a total of 36

The Loyal Friend

That is eerie. I do not think I have ever been described so accurately.

Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Phil's Personality Test   Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:44 pm

Tourterelle wrote:

Kelsey---31
Paul------35
Nicholle--40
Kevin----42
Mariah---46
Lillian----47
Louisa---48
Zara-----59

Putting them in order was my first instinct, of course. But I needed to know who responded and who didn't. Hence the ABC order instead. Mmkay? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Phil's Personality Test   Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:45 pm

Rodent wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:

Kelsey---31
Paul------35
Nicholle--40
Kevin----42
Mariah---46
Lillian----47
Louisa---48
Zara-----59

OCD anyone? lol!

lol! Yeah, okay, I don't deny it.

With Laura's score:
Kelsey---31
Paul------35
Laura----36
Nicholle--40
Kevin----42
Mariah---46
Lillian----47
Louisa---48
Zara-----59

Wink Keep your ABC order, Zara!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Phil's Personality Test   Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:53 pm

Okay. Now that I've got some numbers, I'm going to break down the scheme for y'all.

Range:
The scores range from 10 to 64.

Lower Bound:
The lower bound of 10 translates to the personality that is quiet, shy, submissive, insecure, isolated, introverted, feminine etc. But to the extreme.

Upper Bound:
The upper bound of 64 translates to the personality that is dominant, aggressive, rash, bold, alpha, powerful, masculine, etc. Also to the extreme.

Average and deviation:
The average score, based on surveys carried nationally, is 42. With regard to deviation, about 90% of the population gets a score between 36 and 48.

Score Categories:
(see note below in the notes section)
61 - 64 The Vain, Self-Centered Leader
51 - 60 The Natural Leader
41 - 50 The Lively Center of Attention
31 - 40 The Loyal Friend
21 - 30 The Careful Plodder
10 - 20 The Shy Worrier

A few notes about the test:
  • This is a very general test. Not specific at all. So it's only a broad overview. There are likely to be aspects of each description that may not apply to you.
  • I did some research and this is Dr. Phil's test. Not that he's reliable or anything, but since it's a general test, we'll leave it at that.
  • This is a graduated scale. So although scores of 41 and 50 are *technically* both "Lively Center of Attention", 41 is shyer and more introverted, while 50 is bolder and more like a leader--more extroverted.

Anyways...
Thanks to all of you who have taken the test. It's going to help for sure! Y'all are awesome! bouncy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Phil's Personality Test   Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:10 pm

If y'all have any other questions, feel free to ask. I'll answer them to the best of my ability Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Phil's Personality Test   Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:13 pm

Just a thought: If our scores are similar, is it possible our personalities are similar?

The test isn't 100% accurate, I know, but try comparing the personalities of some people who have similar scores. Odd, right?

Kelsey---31
Paul------35
Laura----36
Nicholle--40
Kevin----42
Mariah---46
Lillian----47
Louisa---48
Zara-----59
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jane
Master
Master

Number of posts : 1077
Dictionary Definition : Jane: Also known as "Ally," "Allison," and "freshmeat," this female Homo Sapiens specimen has proven herself a strong member of the Literary Cabinet world. One can recognize "Jane" by her taste in, especially older, men, many of them classic fictional characters, as well as her distinct fear of drama class auditions. Like many of the other species in the Literary Cabinet Universe, she is crazy in her own right.

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Phil's Personality Test   Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:14 pm

I scored 35, the loyal friend.
In case you haven't read the description:

This actually fits me very well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Phil's Personality Test   Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:15 pm

With Allison's score added...

Kelsey---31
Allison---35
Paul------35
Laura----36
Nicholle--40
Kevin----42
Mariah---46
Lillian----47
Louisa---48
Zara-----59
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Phil's Personality Test   Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:20 pm

Kelsey---31
Allison---35
Paul------35
Laura----36
Nicholle--40
Kevin----42
Mariah---46
Lillian----47
Louisa---48
Zara-----59

About comparing people with different scores. It's a general test, but I see where that idea's coming from, Nicholle. And it does make sense, now that I think about it. There are a whole lot of people between 35 and 42. Then there's a mini-group of 3 from 46-48.

Based on that, only Kelsey and I are the outliers, but Kelsey is only 4 points away from the biggest cluster.

On the whole, the idea that people with similar scores tend to get along more easily makes sense, and explains everyone except me. According to that idea, I'd have a hard time on here, which I don't. But that's an interesting thought...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Phil's Personality Test   Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:22 pm

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Kelsey---31
Allison---35
Paul------35
Laura----36
Nicholle--40
Kevin----42
Mariah---46
Lillian----47
Louisa---48
Zara-----59

About comparing people with different scores. It's a general test, but I see where that idea's coming from, Nicholle. And it does make sense, now that I think about it. There are a whole lot of people between 35 and 42. Then there's a mini-group of 3 from 46-48.

Based on that, only Kelsey and I are the outliers, but Kelsey is only 4 points away from the biggest cluster.

On the whole, the idea that people with similar scores tend to get along more easily makes sense, and explains everyone except me. According to that idea, I'd have a hard time on here, which I don't. But that's an interesting thought...

Actually, I didn't think people with similar scores got along better. I'm 100% sure compatibility doesn't have everything to do with having similar personalities/scores.

I meant people with similar scores would have similar personalities. For example, Kelsey and Paul are close in score, and you can spot similarities in their personalities. They're both mature and slightly reserved, and they have the ability to calm people down.

Louisa, Mariah, and Lillian seem somewhat similar too, and have close scores.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Phil's Personality Test   Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:25 pm

Tourterelle wrote:
Actually, I didn't think people with similar scores got along better. I'm 100% sure compatibility doesn't have everything to do with having similar personalities/scores.

I meant people with similar scores would have similar personalities. For example, Kelsey and Paul are close in score, and you can spot similarities in their personalities. They're both mature and slightly reserved, and they have the ability to calm people down.

Louisa, Mariah, and Lillian seem somewhat similar too, and have close scores.

Okay. I see what you are saying now. That does make a lot of sense, actually. the LCers with the 30-something and lower 40-something scores are more reserved, the upper 40-somthings are energetic, then I'm in my own league! lol!

It makes a lot of sense, actually
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Phil's Personality Test   Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:28 pm

I'm now curious if Kevin and I have similar personalities, considering our scores are close.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Phil's Personality Test   

Back to top Go down

Dr. Phil's Personality Test
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next