Literary Cabinet


 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Buddy Reading: The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
avatar

Number of posts : 2780
Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Buddy Reading: The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux   Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:11 pm

This group will be buddy (re)reading The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux. Everyone is welcome to read and discuss at their own pace, but try to keep it around *where we are. (If you discuss something that happens ahead of schedule because you read ahead or are rereading, please use the spoiler option located under the "Others" button.)
I'm looking forward to reading the book, and I hope everyone else is too!

*The rough schedule for reading and discussion is two chapters a night (starting on Sunday night, the 18th of January) with a daily discussion of the previous night's chapters. If that doesn't work for you, then don't follow it; do what works for you and contribute when you want. An online copy is available if your copy is in transit.


Last edited by Kelsey on Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:04 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
avatar

Number of posts : 2780
Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Pre-reading   Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:13 pm

If you've never read Phantom before, how do you feel about it?

If you have, are you looking forward to rereading, especially with a group? Did you like Phantom when you read it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
avatar

Number of posts : 2780
Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Pre-reading   Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:15 pm

I've never read Phantom before, and I'm really looking forward to it. I've only seen the 2004 version of the musical by Weber, and I like it. I can't imagine how much I'm going to love the book, then! study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jane
Master
Master
avatar

Number of posts : 1077
Age : 23
Location : South Carolina, USA
Dictionary Definition : Jane: Also known as "Ally," "Allison," and "freshmeat," this female Homo Sapiens specimen has proven herself a strong member of the Literary Cabinet world. One can recognize "Jane" by her taste in, especially older, men, many of them classic fictional characters, as well as her distinct fear of drama class auditions. Like many of the other species in the Literary Cabinet Universe, she is crazy in her own right.
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Buddy Reading: The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux   Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:31 pm

Kelsey wrote:
If you've never read Phantom before, how do you feel about it?

If you have, are you looking forward to rereading, especially with a group? Did you like Phantom when you read it?

I read The Phantom of the Opera after I saw how much Magda loved it, and I have to say she was right. I loved it. The movie was good as well, but I still don't like it the way I do the book. For me, Erik (the Phantom) in the book was a lot deeper that Erik in the movie. Christine, however, was a lot less likeable. In general, the book is darker than the movie.

I'm so glad you all are reading it, and I will of course reread and discuss it here. This sounds like such a fun idea!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laura
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 2387
Age : 32
Location : Germany
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Buddy Reading: The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux   Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:37 pm

I know the story fairly well, and have actually read one of the many sequels to the novel when I was younger. The musical version was my incentive to start acting myself, though only in the amateur league Smile I'm really looking forward to reading it, and hope Amazon will get a move on and deliver it tomorrow.

_________________
If history is doomed to repeat itself, bring on the beheadings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://literarycabinet.roomforum.com
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
avatar

Number of posts : 7942
Age : 24
Location : Wisconsin, USA
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Buddy Reading: The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux   Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:08 am

I've only seen the 2004 movie; I haven't read the book yet.

I'm looking forward to it! The movie was great (I loved Erik), so I'm sure the book will be awesome too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Medusa
Member
Member
avatar

Number of posts : 270
Age : 23
Location : New York, USA
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Buddy Reading: The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux   Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:20 am

I've never seen the musical, the movie, nor have I read the book. I'm so far behind everyone. Embarassed *slaps self*

I've had the book recommend to me several times though and I've finally put it on my waiting list at the library. I'm looking forward to reading it. study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
avatar

Number of posts : 7942
Age : 24
Location : Wisconsin, USA
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Buddy Reading: The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux   Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:22 am

I hope my copy comes by tomorrow! banana
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laura
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 2387
Age : 32
Location : Germany
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Buddy Reading: The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux   Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:51 am

Tourterelle wrote:
I hope my copy comes by tomorrow! banana

Hooray! Post has hurried up for once, my copy is here! Am going to start reading right after my shower and tidying up a little...

_________________
If history is doomed to repeat itself, bring on the beheadings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://literarycabinet.roomforum.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Buddy Reading: The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux   Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:16 pm

Jane wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
If you've never read Phantom before, how do you feel about it?

If you have, are you looking forward to rereading, especially with a group? Did you like Phantom when you read it?

I read The Phantom of the Opera after I saw how much Magda loved it, and I have to say she was right. I loved it. The movie was good as well, but I still don't like it the way I do the book. For me, Erik (the Phantom) in the book was a lot deeper that Erik in the movie. Christine, however, was a lot less likeable. In general, the book is darker than the movie.

I'm so glad you all are reading it, and I will of course reread and discuss it here. This sounds like such a fun idea!

I know a lot of people who had conflicting ideas about the portrayal of Christine. What did you like/not like?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Buddy Reading: The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux   Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:18 pm

I love you I'm really looking forward to discussing it with all you guys. Was it originally French? Do you think it lost anything through translation?
Back to top Go down
Jane
Master
Master
avatar

Number of posts : 1077
Age : 23
Location : South Carolina, USA
Dictionary Definition : Jane: Also known as "Ally," "Allison," and "freshmeat," this female Homo Sapiens specimen has proven herself a strong member of the Literary Cabinet world. One can recognize "Jane" by her taste in, especially older, men, many of them classic fictional characters, as well as her distinct fear of drama class auditions. Like many of the other species in the Literary Cabinet Universe, she is crazy in her own right.
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Buddy Reading: The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux   Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:08 pm

LuthienT wrote:
Jane wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
If you've never read Phantom before, how do you feel about it?

If you have, are you looking forward to rereading, especially with a group? Did you like Phantom when you read it?

I read The Phantom of the Opera after I saw how much Magda loved it, and I have to say she was right. I loved it. The movie was good as well, but I still don't like it the way I do the book. For me, Erik (the Phantom) in the book was a lot deeper that Erik in the movie. Christine, however, was a lot less likeable. In general, the book is darker than the movie.

I'm so glad you all are reading it, and I will of course reread and discuss it here. This sounds like such a fun idea!

I know a lot of people who had conflicting ideas about the portrayal of Christine. What did you like/not like?

She does nothing to help herself out of the situations she gets into. Someone always has to save her. She isn't as strong and smart a I like my heriones to be. She's a very sweet girl, but I wish she wouldn't always let her emotions dictate her actions, and I wish she would stop being the damsel in distress.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laura
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 2387
Age : 32
Location : Germany
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Buddy Reading: The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux   Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:21 pm

I'm done with the prologue and chapters 1-4. I find it quite easy to read, although there are long parts in which Leroux tells us nothing new, and that can be easily skimmed. But now that the phantom actually starts to act, it's becoming more entertaining.

I have the feeling that Christine is indeed a damsel in distress, but I'm even more confused with Richard and Moncharmin. They appear so interchangeable to me! And I haven't quite figured out the two Chagnys: As far as I know, Philippe is the Count - and Raoul is in love with Christine. But somehow it says that Philippe is in love with her, too? Or am I dense again?

_________________
If history is doomed to repeat itself, bring on the beheadings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://literarycabinet.roomforum.com
Jane
Master
Master
avatar

Number of posts : 1077
Age : 23
Location : South Carolina, USA
Dictionary Definition : Jane: Also known as "Ally," "Allison," and "freshmeat," this female Homo Sapiens specimen has proven herself a strong member of the Literary Cabinet world. One can recognize "Jane" by her taste in, especially older, men, many of them classic fictional characters, as well as her distinct fear of drama class auditions. Like many of the other species in the Literary Cabinet Universe, she is crazy in her own right.
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Buddy Reading: The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux   Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:28 pm

Solveig wrote:
I'm done with the prologue and chapters 1-4. I find it quite easy to read, although there are long parts in which Leroux tells us nothing new, and that can be easily skimmed. But now that the phantom actually starts to act, it's becoming more entertaining.

I have the feeling that Christine is indeed a damsel in distress, but I'm even more confused with Richard and Moncharmin. They appear so interchangeable to me! And I haven't quite figured out the two Chagnys: As far as I know, Philippe is the Count - and Raoul is in love with Christine. But somehow it says that Philippe is in love with her, too? Or am I dense again?

No, Raoul is in love with Christine. Philippe isn't even friends with Christine. If you can find the passage that says that, I'd like to look at it. I could be wrong, but I don't remember Philippe even meeting Christine.

You're right about Richard and Moncharmin. Their personalities are similar, and neither character ever gets any deeper.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laura
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 2387
Age : 32
Location : Germany
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Buddy Reading: The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux   Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:30 pm

Jane wrote:
Solveig wrote:
I'm done with the prologue and chapters 1-4. I find it quite easy to read, although there are long parts in which Leroux tells us nothing new, and that can be easily skimmed. But now that the phantom actually starts to act, it's becoming more entertaining.

I have the feeling that Christine is indeed a damsel in distress, but I'm even more confused with Richard and Moncharmin. They appear so interchangeable to me! And I haven't quite figured out the two Chagnys: As far as I know, Philippe is the Count - and Raoul is in love with Christine. But somehow it says that Philippe is in love with her, too? Or am I dense again?

No, Raoul is in love with Christine. Philippe isn't even friends with Christine. If you can find the passage that says that, I'd like to look at it. I could be wrong, but I don't remember Philippe even meeting Christine.

You're right about Richard and Moncharmin. Their personalities are similar, and neither character ever gets any deeper.

Oh. Right. Just read it again. Obviously mixed up "Comte" and "Vicomte". My mistake, sorry...

_________________
If history is doomed to repeat itself, bring on the beheadings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://literarycabinet.roomforum.com
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
avatar

Number of posts : 2780
Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Buddy Reading: The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux   Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:21 pm

Okay, so everybody has a copy now (I think)! First official post-reading discussion (for chapters one and two) is on Monday morning, I guess. Looking forward to getting started!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
avatar

Number of posts : 7942
Age : 24
Location : Wisconsin, USA
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Buddy Reading: The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux   Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:08 pm

Solveig wrote:
I'm done with the prologue and chapters 1-4. I find it quite easy to read, although there are long parts in which Leroux tells us nothing new, and that can be easily skimmed. But now that the phantom actually starts to act, it's becoming more entertaining.

I have the feeling that Christine is indeed a damsel in distress, but I'm even more confused with Richard and Moncharmin. They appear so interchangeable to me! And I haven't quite figured out the two Chagnys: As far as I know, Philippe is the Count - and Raoul is in love with Christine. But somehow it says that Philippe is in love with her, too? Or am I dense again?

I don't think it seemed like Philippe was in love with Christine; actually, I think Philippe was entertained/amused by his younger brother lusting after Christine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
avatar

Number of posts : 7942
Age : 24
Location : Wisconsin, USA
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Buddy Reading: The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux   Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:10 pm

I have school on Monday morning, actually. Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jane
Master
Master
avatar

Number of posts : 1077
Age : 23
Location : South Carolina, USA
Dictionary Definition : Jane: Also known as "Ally," "Allison," and "freshmeat," this female Homo Sapiens specimen has proven herself a strong member of the Literary Cabinet world. One can recognize "Jane" by her taste in, especially older, men, many of them classic fictional characters, as well as her distinct fear of drama class auditions. Like many of the other species in the Literary Cabinet Universe, she is crazy in her own right.
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Buddy Reading: The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux   Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:13 pm

Tourterelle wrote:
I have school on Monday morning, actually. Shocked

You don't get off for MLK day?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
avatar

Number of posts : 7942
Age : 24
Location : Wisconsin, USA
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Buddy Reading: The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux   Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:14 pm

Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
I have school on Monday morning, actually. Shocked

You don't get off for MLK day?

Unfortunately, no. noidea
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laura
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 2387
Age : 32
Location : Germany
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Buddy Reading: The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux   Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:35 am

Hmm. With all the time differences, I would really say that we just start a discussion from Monday to Tuesday, and see what happens Smile

_________________
If history is doomed to repeat itself, bring on the beheadings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://literarycabinet.roomforum.com
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
avatar

Number of posts : 2780
Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Buddy Reading: The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux   Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:46 am

Solveig wrote:
Hmm. With all the time differences, I would really say that we just start a discussion from Monday to Tuesday, and see what happens Smile

Yes, use YOUR Monday. If you're Monday is before my Monday, discuss on your Monday. If your Monday is after my Monday, discuss on your Monday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laura
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 2387
Age : 32
Location : Germany
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Buddy Reading: The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux   Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:47 am

Kelsey wrote:
Solveig wrote:
Hmm. With all the time differences, I would really say that we just start a discussion from Monday to Tuesday, and see what happens Smile

Yes, use YOUR Monday. If you're Monday is before my Monday, discuss on your Monday. If your Monday is after my Monday, discuss on your Monday.

*giggles* Maybe I'm too tired, but that really sounds very strange... I'm in Germany, not on Jupiter Wink

_________________
If history is doomed to repeat itself, bring on the beheadings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://literarycabinet.roomforum.com
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru
avatar

Number of posts : 7942
Age : 24
Location : Wisconsin, USA
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Buddy Reading: The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux   Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:31 am

Solveig wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
Solveig wrote:
Hmm. With all the time differences, I would really say that we just start a discussion from Monday to Tuesday, and see what happens Smile

Yes, use YOUR Monday. If you're Monday is before my Monday, discuss on your Monday. If your Monday is after my Monday, discuss on your Monday.

*giggles* Maybe I'm too tired, but that really sounds very strange... I'm in Germany, not on Jupiter Wink

That definitely went over my head. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
avatar

Number of posts : 2780
Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Buddy Reading: The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux   Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:47 am

Tourterelle wrote:
Solveig wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
Solveig wrote:
Hmm. With all the time differences, I would really say that we just start a discussion from Monday to Tuesday, and see what happens Smile

Yes, use YOUR Monday. If you're Monday is before my Monday, discuss on your Monday. If your Monday is after my Monday, discuss on your Monday.

*giggles* Maybe I'm too tired, but that really sounds very strange... I'm in Germany, not on Jupiter Wink

That definitely went over my head. Laughing

I know, you all are all still on Earth, but it seems really far away.
Just, on your Monday, when you get a chance, discuss chapters one and two of TPotO.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Buddy Reading: The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux   

Back to top Go down
 
Buddy Reading: The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Phantom of the Opera covers
» Second Life Phantom Of The Opera (Back in business!)
» ALW's The Phantom of the Opera (20??): the remake
» Phantom Of The Opera Makeups!
» Phantom of the Opera "costumes"

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Literary Cabinet :: Reading :: Novels-
Jump to: