Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Hey, everybody! Goldfish is in the Treehouse!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Goldfish

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Hey, everybody! Goldfish is in the Treehouse!   Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:58 pm

I've finally figured out how to post a new message! I can be pretty slow sometimes...

Anyway, everyone knows me as Goldfish from the B&A forum. Thanks, Merry Christmas, for inviting me!

Er...what else...?

scratch

sunny *remembers something*

I'm not much of a reader of classics, but I like books that make me think, books that challenge the mind. I've always loved a good challenge. I'm currently reading Pride and Prejudice and actually liking it this time. I'd tried it the first time and put the book down, because I was just not in the mood. Now I realize what a genius Jane Austen was.

Also, I'm working on a novel. I can be a procrastinator, so I've been "working on a novel" for quite some time now.

Finally, I'm homeschooled. Yup. Never went to a public high school before, so I don't know all of the teen drama that goes on in public high schools, or anything that goes on in public high schools really. I don't consider myself the average teenager, so I don't think I would've fit in anyway.

That's about it...I think. I'm not so good at introductions.

~Message edited by BeautyBlitz~

Last edited by Goldfish on Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 1882
Dictionary Definition : Rodent - Homo Rodentiensis is a typical LC creature. Always ready to laugh about stupidity, this being has long occupied a special moderator status on the LC. As one of the very few LC creatures who actually can get and keep a partner, she is the object of constant envy. Though madness is not part of the average Rodents characteristics, this particular feature can at times be subject to change, especially when striken by severe sleep deprivation.
Awards :
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Hey, everybody! Goldfish is in the Treehouse!   Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:00 pm

Glad to see you here Goldfish.

oh...over here I am BeautyBlitz..not merry christmas.

santa

glad you could make it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 7942
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.

PostSubject: Re: Hey, everybody! Goldfish is in the Treehouse!   Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:01 pm

Nice to see you here in the Treehouse, Goldfish! Don't worry about not figuring out the buttons right away; it definitely took me awhile, too.

cheers lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laura
Admin

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.

PostSubject: Re: Hey, everybody! Goldfish is in the Treehouse!   Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:05 pm

Hi there, and welcome! Smile

I simply can't figure out how to change them - everything but them is in English. Frustrating, really, but until I find a computer genius who can show me how to do it, we'll just have to cope.

Mariah, I'll make a sticky out of your post, so everyone sees it at once.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://literarycabinet.roomforum.com
Medusa

Number of posts : 270

PostSubject: Re: Hey, everybody! Goldfish is in the Treehouse!   Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:07 pm

Glad to see you here, Goldfish!

It took me forever to figure out the buttons too, on the plus side now I know three words in German. I'm home-schooled as well, nice know someone else who is.

cherry
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Goldfish

PostSubject: Re: Hey, everybody! Goldfish is in the Treehouse!   Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:10 pm

Thanks, everyone. Now that I've figured it out, I'll make it. lol!

I know how you feel Medusa! I felt like I was the only one homeschooled on my own little island, cut off from civilization. I've been rescued! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 1882
Dictionary Definition : Rodent - Homo Rodentiensis is a typical LC creature. Always ready to laugh about stupidity, this being has long occupied a special moderator status on the LC. As one of the very few LC creatures who actually can get and keep a partner, she is the object of constant envy. Though madness is not part of the average Rodents characteristics, this particular feature can at times be subject to change, especially when striken by severe sleep deprivation.
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Hey, everybody! Goldfish is in the Treehouse!   Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:17 pm

I was homeschooled grades 5, 6 and 7.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Goldfish

PostSubject: Re: Hey, everybody! Goldfish is in the Treehouse!   Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:21 pm

You were? Did you like it? Because I'm not really a fan of homeschooling, but I don't regret making the decision. If I work my butt off, I get to graduate a year early. *crosses fingers hopefully* Right now, I have a ton of History homework. Unfortunately, History was never my favorite subject in school. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laura
Admin

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.

PostSubject: Re: Hey, everybody! Goldfish is in the Treehouse!   Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:28 pm

Goldfish, if you need any assistance, feel free to ask me. English and History are my majors Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://literarycabinet.roomforum.com
Goldfish

PostSubject: Re: Hey, everybody! Goldfish is in the Treehouse!   Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:48 pm

Thanks, Solveig!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kelsey
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 2780
Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.

PostSubject: Re: Hey, everybody! Goldfish is in the Treehouse!   Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:00 am

Ugh, I'm really bad at introductions as well. I can never think of what to say.
Anyway, welcome to the Treehouse! It's fun to hide here. (I'm really loving how the name Treehouse is sticking, as I've said a few times before. I think it's the perfect metaphor for what is going on.) There are smart people and lots of smileys. (drunken I'll use this drunk one as I've not seen anyone use it yet.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Goldfish

PostSubject: Re: Hey, everybody! Goldfish is in the Treehouse!   Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:12 am

Kelsey wrote:
Ugh, I'm really bad at introductions as well. I can never think of what to say.
Anyway, welcome to the Treehouse! It's fun to hide here. (I'm really loving how the name Treehouse is sticking, as I've said a few times before. I think it's the perfect metaphor for what is going on.) There are smart people and lots of smileys. (drunken I'll use this drunk one as I've not seen anyone use it yet.)

It is the perfect metaphor.

I do love the smileys. This one's my favorite: Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GuardianSaiyoko
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Hey, everybody! Goldfish is in the Treehouse!   Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:37 am

Heyla, Goldfish, and welcome!

I'm jealous, by the end of high school I really wished I could be homeschooled. Unfortunately my folks were not for the idea, so I had to settle with meeting up with my two best guy friends as often as possible to study whatever we could find. Oh, and to have zombie killing marathons in Timesplitters 2. I don't know how that worked itself in, exactly.

I love the Treehouse nickname, too. I always wanted a treehouse! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://home.comcast.net/~dragedatter/
Goldfish

PostSubject: Re: Hey, everybody! Goldfish is in the Treehouse!   Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:44 am

GuardianSaiyoko wrote:
Heyla, Goldfish, and welcome!

I'm jealous, by the end of high school I really wished I could be homeschooled. Unfortunately my folks were not for the idea, so I had to settle with meeting up with my two best guy friends as often as possible to study whatever we could find. Oh, and to have zombie killing marathons in Timesplitters 2. I don't know how that worked itself in, exactly.

I love the Treehouse nickname, too. I always wanted a treehouse! cheers

Thanks.

Hm...so maybe I'm not really missing out on anything. Everyone who knows my family freaks out when they hear I've been homeschooled, instead of going to a public high school. They think I shouldn't have wasted my time with homeschooling and my mind would have been put to better use in a public high school. Oh well.

I've always wanted to have a treehouse as well, even though I've always been afraid of heights.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey, everybody! Goldfish is in the Treehouse!   

Back to top Go down

Hey, everybody! Goldfish is in the Treehouse!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1