Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

More Christian comics

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: More Christian comics   Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:17 pm

Kelsey wrote:
I've never had much problem with racism with kids my age. In fact, the kids my age at my school are incredibly accepting and open-minded when it comes to physical things (except for "ugliness"). I have more trouble with older people and people at my church. They're sexist and racist.
The people at my church are both sexist and racist, and sometimes are openly so, but they're not offending to anyone in particular most of the time. They can be very close-minded and prejudiced, but they mean well, I think.
I do have issues with older men sometimes (outside of my church) being very sexist towards me. It could be because I'm short and they think I'm helpless or something, or because I'm rather buxom, but for some reason they don't think I have a brain. I'm all for treating women kindly (as in, like humans-- I'd open a door for a man if he was coming in, and I expect the same courtesy), but what some of them do is not chivalrous by any means. Ignoring what I say to stare at my chest when I'm trying to order lunch is insulting beyond belief, and it makes me very angry. Not to mention creeped out.

Ewww, Kelsey, that's horrible. You have my sympathy. Here in Asia, it's hard to walk down the street. Guys whistle at me, not because I have a 'nice chest' (to the contrary, I'm Keira Knightley in minature penguin but because I'm a "foreigner" .... scary, eh?
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 4826
Location : The computer of the Biology Research Lab......procrastinating.
Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: More Christian comics   Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:08 am

LuthienT wrote:
Solveig wrote:
Seriously, if the Christian god knew about this, don't you think he'd leave this valley of tears and use his powers to help some more promising planet on the way?

Smile Yeah, well I guess He has a lot more patience than we do ...

Well, of course he does, if He is still sticking around with us pathetic people...
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: More Christian comics   Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:38 am

Solveig wrote:
Seriously, if the Christian god knew about this, don't you think he'd leave this valley of tears and use his powers to help some more promising planet on the way?

Smile Yeah, well I guess He has a lot more patience than we do ...
Back to top Go down
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru

Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways

PostSubject: Re: More Christian comics   Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:17 am

Kelsey wrote:
I've never had much problem with racism with kids my age. In fact, the kids my age at my school are incredibly accepting and open-minded when it comes to physical things (except for "ugliness"). I have more trouble with older people and people at my church. They're sexist and racist.
The people at my church are both sexist and racist, and sometimes are openly so, but they're not offending to anyone in particular most of the time. They can be very close-minded and prejudiced, but they mean well, I think.
I do have issues with older men sometimes (outside of my church) being very sexist towards me. It could be because I'm short and they think I'm helpless or something, or because I'm rather buxom, but for some reason they don't think I have a brain. I'm all for treating women kindly (as in, like humans-- I'd open a door for a man if he was coming in, and I expect the same courtesy), but what some of them do is not chivalrous by any means. Ignoring what I say to stare at my chest when I'm trying to order lunch is insulting beyond belief, and it makes me very angry. Not to mention creeped out.

I don't attend a place of worship (since we live so far from a temple), so the only contact I've had with sexist and racist adults is through my school. And even there, it is only a few people (see earlier post).

Wow...creepy. So I'm not the only one who is rather "buxom". Luckily, most people think "Asian math nerd" when they see me rather than "oh, she has a 'nice chest'". I'm sure some of the guys (fellow seniors) around me think that, but they are all friendly and courteous and are in no way disrespectful--they like me for who I am. Then they find out that I'm Ms. Advice-girl-and-math/science-geek rather than Ms. Deperate-for-a-male-companion So, even though it is weird, I let it go.

In your case, though, I'd be very creeped out. As long as they don't say anything, I wouldn't say anything, but don't hesitate to answer with a biting remark if they say something sexist...it will embarress them in the end.

But luckily, our generation is more accepting and tolerant. So, I'm hoping that the trend continues--it is one of the few things giving me hope...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kelsey
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 2780
Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: More Christian comics   Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:09 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 7942
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.

PostSubject: Re: More Christian comics   Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:58 am

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
This is SO common here in Texas. In fact, racism is still prevalent here (though it is Texas, the Deep South, so no surprise there), though it is very faint. I'm convinced. There is this system at our school, called Credit By Exam (CBE), where you can test out of classes. Because I'd moved, I wanted to test out of a silly gym class (where all knowledge can be gained through common sense). But anyone who didn't take the class needed a 90 to test out. I took the test and got an 88. Since 75% of the exam was free response, I asked for a regrade, but they refused. I let it go and signed up for the class this past fall semester. As I was catching up with friends, I found out that 10 other friends (all Asian) took the same exact exam, on the same day and all 10 of them got an 88. Then, I had 2 Caucasian friends also take the CBE that day and both got a 95. I took the class and I ended with a 105 (that rounded down to 100--I maxed out). My teacher told me that unless I skipped a page, there couldn't have been any way for me NOT to have passed the exam. Heck, I could have taught the class, and all my tests were used as answer keys.

So after hearing all of this, I refuse to believe that it was chance. The probability of ONLY chance being involved is ridiculously small. But, it is a stupid thing, so I let it go.

Same thing happened. A Texan head-of-counseling refused to let me go to AP Chem until my year 1 chem teacher and my darling counselor pushed me. I pulled an A on the course and a 5 on the exam and he was pissed....

I've sensed some anger from some of the Caucasian Texan parents against the Asians of our town-city. They are basically furious that 90% of the top 10% of all the graduation classes in this area consists of Asians and the entire top-ten rackdown here is entire Asian for all three district schools.

So racism isn't just against the blacks and Hispanics here (they face a different kind), but also against the Asians. It's so sad that it still exists in a bigoted America...

*sniff* I'm too smart sniff

Oh God, Zara! huuuug

That's actually horrible! I've never experienced anything like that, but I would be so frustrated.

Aww, Nicholle huuuug . That's so sweet. But there is a silver lining to this. Like 95% of people here don't behave that way towards Asians---the bigots are the minority (thank goodness). I barely feel it, so when something like that happens, it seems big to me, when in reality, I'm getting the nicer end. Those are the only two events I can recall (and hopefully, they'll be my only scrapes with racism in action). So, it isn't so bad---yet my mind can't get off of the hypocritical few...if you know what I mean.

And as for the Texas-head-of-counseling, he just has to deal with me. After all, the counseling secretary, my counselor, the receptionist, and even the other counselors just LOVE me and I see them very often.... Twisted Evil that's HIS punishment for not giving me a chance...

Well, his fault then. He's the loser, and he's the one who's never getting anywhere then if he's such a bigot. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: More Christian comics   Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:55 am

Tourterelle wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
This is SO common here in Texas. In fact, racism is still prevalent here (though it is Texas, the Deep South, so no surprise there), though it is very faint. I'm convinced. There is this system at our school, called Credit By Exam (CBE), where you can test out of classes. Because I'd moved, I wanted to test out of a silly gym class (where all knowledge can be gained through common sense). But anyone who didn't take the class needed a 90 to test out. I took the test and got an 88. Since 75% of the exam was free response, I asked for a regrade, but they refused. I let it go and signed up for the class this past fall semester. As I was catching up with friends, I found out that 10 other friends (all Asian) took the same exact exam, on the same day and all 10 of them got an 88. Then, I had 2 Caucasian friends also take the CBE that day and both got a 95. I took the class and I ended with a 105 (that rounded down to 100--I maxed out). My teacher told me that unless I skipped a page, there couldn't have been any way for me NOT to have passed the exam. Heck, I could have taught the class, and all my tests were used as answer keys.

So after hearing all of this, I refuse to believe that it was chance. The probability of ONLY chance being involved is ridiculously small. But, it is a stupid thing, so I let it go.

Same thing happened. A Texan head-of-counseling refused to let me go to AP Chem until my year 1 chem teacher and my darling counselor pushed me. I pulled an A on the course and a 5 on the exam and he was pissed....

I've sensed some anger from some of the Caucasian Texan parents against the Asians of our town-city. They are basically furious that 90% of the top 10% of all the graduation classes in this area consists of Asians and the entire top-ten rackdown here is entire Asian for all three district schools.

So racism isn't just against the blacks and Hispanics here (they face a different kind), but also against the Asians. It's so sad that it still exists in a bigoted America...

Oh God, Zara! huuuug

That's actually horrible! I've never experienced anything like that, but I would be so frustrated.

Aww, Nicholle huuuug . That's so sweet. But there is a silver lining to this. Like 95% of people here don't behave that way towards Asians---the bigots are the minority (thank goodness). I barely feel it, so when something like that happens, it seems big to me, when in reality, I'm getting the nicer end. Those are the only two events I can recall (and hopefully, they'll be my only scrapes with racism in action). So, it isn't so bad---yet my mind can't get off of the hypocritical few...if you know what I mean.

And as for the Texas-head-of-counseling, he just has to deal with me. After all, the counseling secretary, my counselor, the receptionist, and even the other counselors just LOVE me and I see them very often.... Twisted Evil that's HIS punishment for not giving me a chance...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru

Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.

PostSubject: Re: More Christian comics   Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:43 am

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:
Solveig wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:
Jane wrote:

Second cartoon on this thread = -99.5 (I'm hesitant to give anything the absolute extreme---so nothing will get a negative 100 on my record)

Anyone can add to my little number line here.........

Sorry, but I'm going to have to make you change your mind.

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1043/1043_01.asp

Deni - you truly scare me. affraid

lol.. I scare myself sometimes. I found these comics because some person on YA posted a link to the site where i first found the Harry Potter one so out of curiousity, i explored the other comics.
Those are so horrible.

I'm learning about Islam in my World Issues class right now, and that cartoon is just ludicrous.

Same here. We just finished studying religion in my Geography class. Muslims are not portrayed fairly in that cartoon at all. I can't believe those people! Evil or Very Mad Christians, who are supposed to be all about love, should know better! That cartoon is condescending, ignorant, and even racist.

I know! It's especially ridiculous, because Islam and Christianity are so similar; both worship only one God, both have the same values like giving to the poor, being kind, etc.

They are similar, but not exactly the same. Christianity is the only religion that embraces Jesus as a saviour (as far as I'm aware, that is) and that is the foundation of what Christianity is. Islam is similar to Judaism than Christianity in that sense, I suppose.

Actually, that's one of the very few differences. Jesus is considered more than a prophet; he's considered the son of God. Muhammed, while the founder of Islam, is just a prophet. He isn't the son of God.

Other than that, and minor things like praying 5 times a day and the fact that Mecca is is the holiest city for Muslims (not Jerusalem), they are very similar. Their God is the same God, and the Quran is extremely close to the Bible.

Mmhmm, exactly. People are blind to similarities sometimes; they like to think they're better than others. Ignorance and misguidance doesn't help that.

"Prejudices, it is well known, are most difficult to eradicate from the heart whose soil has never ben loosened or fertilized by education: they grow there, firm as weeds among stones." -- Jane Eyre

Well-said and a nice quote too, Kels.

That IS an excellent quote.

And I absolutely ABHOR how the extremists and fundamentalists can't look past the superficial differences to see the profound connections and similarities.

I agree!

Even worse is when people flat-out refuse to even research the origins/etc of religions similar to their own, but then they still go about spewing prejudice. Rolling Eyes

Or, when they just go by what they've heard and still don't look it up for themselves.

Oh God, Zara! huuuug

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: More Christian comics   Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:31 am

Tourterelle wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:
Solveig wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:
Jane wrote:

Second cartoon on this thread = -99.5 (I'm hesitant to give anything the absolute extreme---so nothing will get a negative 100 on my record)

lol.. I scare myself sometimes. I found these comics because some person on YA posted a link to the site where i first found the Harry Potter one so out of curiousity, i explored the other comics.
Those are so horrible.

I'm learning about Islam in my World Issues class right now, and that cartoon is just ludicrous.

Same here. We just finished studying religion in my Geography class. Muslims are not portrayed fairly in that cartoon at all. I can't believe those people! Evil or Very Mad Christians, who are supposed to be all about love, should know better! That cartoon is condescending, ignorant, and even racist.

I know! It's especially ridiculous, because Islam and Christianity are so similar; both worship only one God, both have the same values like giving to the poor, being kind, etc.

They are similar, but not exactly the same. Christianity is the only religion that embraces Jesus as a saviour (as far as I'm aware, that is) and that is the foundation of what Christianity is. Islam is similar to Judaism than Christianity in that sense, I suppose.

Actually, that's one of the very few differences. Jesus is considered more than a prophet; he's considered the son of God. Muhammed, while the founder of Islam, is just a prophet. He isn't the son of God.

Other than that, and minor things like praying 5 times a day and the fact that Mecca is is the holiest city for Muslims (not Jerusalem), they are very similar. Their God is the same God, and the Quran is extremely close to the Bible.

Mmhmm, exactly. People are blind to similarities sometimes; they like to think they're better than others. Ignorance and misguidance doesn't help that.

"Prejudices, it is well known, are most difficult to eradicate from the heart whose soil has never ben loosened or fertilized by education: they grow there, firm as weeds among stones." -- Jane Eyre

And I absolutely ABHOR how the extremists and fundamentalists can't look past the superficial differences to see the profound connections and similarities.

I agree!

Even worse is when people flat-out refuse to even research the origins/etc of religions similar to their own, but then they still go about spewing prejudice. Rolling Eyes

Or, when they just go by what they've heard and still don't look it up for themselves.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: More Christian comics   Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:12 am

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:
Solveig wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:
Jane wrote:

Those are so horrible.

I agree!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: More Christian comics   Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:10 am

Tourterelle wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:
Solveig wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:
Jane wrote:

Those are so horrible.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: More Christian comics   Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:26 am

Kelsey wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:
Solveig wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:
Jane wrote:

Those are so horrible.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: More Christian comics   Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:25 am

Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:
Solveig wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:
Jane wrote:

Those are so horrible.

Actually, I don't think Christians (unlike Muslims) believe Allah and God are the same. That's what my teacher said, anyway. I still haven't had a chance to ask my pastor why that is. There are some other differences as well. We watched a documentary on the Hajj, and some of the practices are completely different from Christianity. Muslims don't believe in Jesus or the Holy Spirit, either. That's huge for me, and for them as well, I'm sure.

I learned in World Issues that Allah and God are the same Gods, but my teacher could be mistaken, I suppose.

I know Muslims don't believe in Jesus as a savior, or in the Holy Spirit, but the important thing for me (being Agnostic) is the fact that their beliefs are actually so similar, so I hate the prejudice some have against the other religion. Seriously, compare the Ten Commandments and the Quran's version of them, and there will be many similarities.

I know Muslims believe Allah is the same as God, but I was also told by my teacher (who is a Christian) that Christians do not believe this. I ought to find out why.
I agree with the prejudices. People of all religions (basically) are told to respect and be kind to one another.

That would be interesting to find out; I'll Google it in a second and post what I find.

Yes, prejudices are a big deal; people, no matter what religion, actually, should just show respect. Comics like those are so hypocritical.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kelsey
Guru
Guru

Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.

PostSubject: Re: More Christian comics   Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:24 am

Tourterelle wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:
Solveig wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:
Jane wrote:

Those are so horrible.

"Prejudices, it is well known, are most difficult to eradicate from the heart whose soil has never been loosened or fertilized by education: they grow there, firm as weeds among stones." -- Jane Eyre

Last edited by Kelsey on Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jane
Master
Master

Number of posts : 1077
Dictionary Definition : Jane: Also known as "Ally," "Allison," and "freshmeat," this female Homo Sapiens specimen has proven herself a strong member of the Literary Cabinet world. One can recognize "Jane" by her taste in, especially older, men, many of them classic fictional characters, as well as her distinct fear of drama class auditions. Like many of the other species in the Literary Cabinet Universe, she is crazy in her own right.

PostSubject: Re: More Christian comics   Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:22 am

Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:
Solveig wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:
Jane wrote:

Those are so horrible.

Actually, I don't think Christians (unlike Muslims) believe Allah and God are the same. That's what my teacher said, anyway. I still haven't had a chance to ask my pastor why that is. There are some other differences as well. We watched a documentary on the Hajj, and some of the practices are completely different from Christianity. Muslims don't believe in Jesus or the Holy Spirit, either. That's huge for me, and for them as well, I'm sure.

I learned in World Issues that Allah and God are the same Gods, but my teacher could be mistaken, I suppose.

I know Muslims don't believe in Jesus as a savior, or in the Holy Spirit, but the important thing for me (being Agnostic) is the fact that their beliefs are actually so similar, so I hate the prejudice some have against the other religion. Seriously, compare the Ten Commandments and the Quran's version of them, and there will be many similarities.

I know Muslims believe Allah is the same as God, but I was also told by my teacher (who is a Christian) that Christians do not believe this. I ought to find out why.
I agree with the prejudices. People of all religions (basically) are told to respect and be kind to one another.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: More Christian comics   Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:19 am

Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:
Solveig wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:
Jane wrote:

Those are so horrible.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jane
Master
Master

Dictionary Definition : Jane: Also known as "Ally," "Allison," and "freshmeat," this female Homo Sapiens specimen has proven herself a strong member of the Literary Cabinet world. One can recognize "Jane" by her taste in, especially older, men, many of them classic fictional characters, as well as her distinct fear of drama class auditions. Like many of the other species in the Literary Cabinet Universe, she is crazy in her own right.

PostSubject: Re: More Christian comics   Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:17 am

Tourterelle wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:
Solveig wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:
Jane wrote:

Those are so horrible.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: More Christian comics   Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:07 am

Kelsey wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:
Solveig wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:
Jane wrote:

Those are so horrible.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: More Christian comics   Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:05 am

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Here's what I find very silly. All three religions (Judaism, Christianity, and Islam) are all descended from the same Judeo-Christian backgrounds.

To sum my philosophy/belief/whatever-you-want-to-call-it:

>Better a good person rejecting religion helping humans than an extremist/fundamentalist serving God through force and violence.
>All forms of belief (including 'atheism', observing science as the leader, as opposed to a god of some sort) all lead to a "better place" regardless of how that place is defined--Heaven, Paradise, Moksha, whatever.
>Every form of belief has something right (including atheism).
>LIVE AND LET LIVE!

To describe me: tolerant towards the tolerant and intolerant towards the intolerant.

Exactly! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kelsey
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: More Christian comics   Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:05 am

Tourterelle wrote:
Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:
Solveig wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:
Jane wrote:

Those are so horrible.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laura
Admin

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: More Christian comics   Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:04 am

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Here's what I find very silly. All three religions (Judaism, Christianity, and Islam) are all descended from the same Judeo-Christian backgrounds.

>Better a good person rejecting religion helping humans than an extremist/fundamentalist serving God through force and violence.
>All forms of belief (including 'atheism', observing science as the leader, as opposed to a god of some sort) all lead to a "better place" regardless of how that place is defined--Heaven, Paradise, Moksha, whatever.
>Every form of belief has something right
>LIVE AND LET LIVE!

To describe me: tolerant towards the tolerant and intolerant towards the intolerant.

SOMEBODY TELL ME HOW TO INSTALL A FREAKING THUMBS-UP BUTTON!!!! foulmouth

Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: More Christian comics   Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:02 am

>Every form of belief has something right (including atheism).
>LIVE AND LET LIVE!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: More Christian comics   Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:53 am

Jane wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:
Solveig wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:
Jane wrote:

Those are so horrible.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jane
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: More Christian comics   Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:52 am

Tourterelle wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:
Solveig wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:
Jane wrote:

Those are so horrible.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: More Christian comics   Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:45 am

denizenofevil wrote:
Solveig wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:
Jane wrote:

Those are so horrible.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More Christian comics   

Back to top Go down

More Christian comics
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next