Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Ho, Ho, Horrible gift

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Louisa
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 6193
Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Ho, Ho, Horrible gift   Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:06 pm

Tourterelle wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
I'll have to give that crazy girl credit where it is due. At least she writes using proper grammar. If she wrote in text talk, I swear I would hunt down every one of her questions (not caring about how immature that would be) and I would report her on all of them.

That girl has absolutely no guts.

Oh, and Tourterelle. Can you also show me how to make a screen print like that? Thanks, girl!

On your keyboard, there should be a button that says "Print Scr" or "Syrs Rq." On mine, it is located at the top right of the keyboard. Click that, and it will take a picture of the screen. After that, just paste in into a Word document or Paint, and crop it.

thumbs

Thank you, Tourterelle! I should really pay attention more to these "extra buttons on the sides."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Louisa
Guru
Guru

Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.

PostSubject: Re: Ho, Ho, Horrible gift   Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:05 pm

Kelsey wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
I'll have to give that crazy girl credit where it is due. At least she writes using proper grammar. If she wrote in text talk, I swear I would hunt down every one of her questions (not caring about how immature that would be) and I would report her on all of them.

Oh, and Tourterelle. Can you also show me how to make a screen print like that? Thanks, girl!

On your keyboard, there should be a button that says "Print Scr" or "Syrs Rq." Click that, and it will take a picture of the screen. After that, just paste in into a Word document or Paint, and crop it.

thumbs

Found it! Awesome. That's a lot of work on my computer though, because to use the screen print, you have to go to your pictures and everything, which takes forever on Vista for some reason (it could just be me).

Maybe it's just you, because I'm also using Vista and it worked out fine. I pressed the button, pasted it on Microsoft Word, and voila. That's weird.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kelsey
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 2780
Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Ho, Ho, Horrible gift   Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:25 pm

Louisa Lynn wrote:

What's weird to me is, if Meyer somewhat improved on The Host, why was she horrible in New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn, when they were all published after The Host?

I think that only Breaking Dawn was published after The Host, which came out early 2008. I can't explain why Breaking Dawn, published after, sucked more. Maybe it's because Breaking Dawn is an old idea of Meyer's that she thought of right after writing Twilight-- it's her second oldest book idea, if I'm not mistaken. The Host is a newer idea than any of her other books.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jane
Master
Master

Number of posts : 1077
Dictionary Definition : Jane: Also known as "Ally," "Allison," and "freshmeat," this female Homo Sapiens specimen has proven herself a strong member of the Literary Cabinet world. One can recognize "Jane" by her taste in, especially older, men, many of them classic fictional characters, as well as her distinct fear of drama class auditions. Like many of the other species in the Literary Cabinet Universe, she is crazy in her own right.

PostSubject: Re: Ho, Ho, Horrible gift   Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:22 pm

Louisa Lynn wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:
I just figured something out with the whole "Stephenie Meyer does self-insertion."

We all know that Bella is SMeyer, in looks and attitude. (Minus 200 lbs.) But what about The Host? I hear that the cast is the same with Twilight as well. The plots are the same, too. I haven't read The Host (and don't plan to, after reading the atrocities that is the Twilight series) so any of you guys could correct me if I'm wrong. The protagonist, Melanie Stryder, is like Meyer, too. I only deciphered the name, not the character's personality.

Here it is: ME-la-nie Str-Y-dER (MEYER)
Plus the whole Stephenie-Melanie rhyme.

Coincidence? Sorry if this is considered as Twilight ranting, I just wanted to share. Very Happy

Wanda (living in Melanie's body) is an annoying character, I think. Better than Bella, though. Melanie is freakishly giving to everyone even though they hate her. I thought that this was an interesting character trait, though-- it's both her flaw and her defining characteristic. (Too bad that that's about it.) Melanie is a spitfire character who still resides in Wanda's mind; she cares about the people she loves and will do anything (including hurt others) to get it for them. Wanda is willing to turn her back on her entire race for a bunch of humans, because she loves them. She loves Jared and Jamie, so does Melanie. Those are the two things they really have in common (their willingness to fight for what they love-- though the go about it in different ways-- and their loves), which made them sharing a body interesting to read about. I was kind of disappointed in the relationship developments, but not too badly. The plot was kind of slow-going and there was some sort of random stuff in there. Meyer is not a master of anything literary yet, but The Host was better than Twilight. I'll read the sequel probably (from the library, of course), because Meyer seems to be improving slightly outside of Twilight and The Host is somewhat interesting. It has potential to be a decent sci-fi series if Meyer works at it, but I have a feeling that it'll go south rather than north.

What's weird to me is, if Meyer somewhat improved on The Host, why was she horrible in New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn, when they were all published after The Host?

For one thing, The Host was not based on some weird dream she had. For another, The Host is not the print version of her little fantasies (or at least not as much as Twilight is).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Louisa
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Ho, Ho, Horrible gift   Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:18 pm

Kelsey wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:
I just figured something out with the whole "Stephenie Meyer does self-insertion."

We all know that Bella is SMeyer, in looks and attitude. (Minus 200 lbs.) But what about The Host? I hear that the cast is the same with Twilight as well. The plots are the same, too. I haven't read The Host (and don't plan to, after reading the atrocities that is the Twilight series) so any of you guys could correct me if I'm wrong. The protagonist, Melanie Stryder, is like Meyer, too. I only deciphered the name, not the character's personality.

Coincidence? Sorry if this is considered as Twilight ranting, I just wanted to share. Very Happy

Wanda (living in Melanie's body) is an annoying character, I think. Better than Bella, though. Melanie is freakishly giving to everyone even though they hate her. I thought that this was an interesting character trait, though-- it's both her flaw and her defining characteristic. (Too bad that that's about it.) Melanie is a spitfire character who still resides in Wanda's mind; she cares about the people she loves and will do anything (including hurt others) to get it for them. Wanda is willing to turn her back on her entire race for a bunch of humans, because she loves them. She loves Jared and Jamie, so does Melanie. Those are the two things they really have in common (their willingness to fight for what they love-- though the go about it in different ways-- and their loves), which made them sharing a body interesting to read about. I was kind of disappointed in the relationship developments, but not too badly. The plot was kind of slow-going and there was some sort of random stuff in there. Meyer is not a master of anything literary yet, but The Host was better than Twilight. I'll read the sequel probably (from the library, of course), because Meyer seems to be improving slightly outside of Twilight and The Host is somewhat interesting. It has potential to be a decent sci-fi series if Meyer works at it, but I have a feeling that it'll go south rather than north.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kelsey
Guru
Guru

Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.

PostSubject: Re: Ho, Ho, Horrible gift   Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:01 pm

Louisa Lynn wrote:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 7942
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.

PostSubject: Re: Ho, Ho, Horrible gift   Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:45 pm

Kelsey wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:

On your keyboard, there should be a button that says "Print Scr" or "Syrs Rq." Click that, and it will take a picture of the screen. After that, just paste in into a Word document or Paint, and crop it.

thumbs

Found it! Awesome. That's a lot of work on my computer though, because to use the screen print, you have to go to your pictures and everything, which takes forever on Vista for some reason (it could just be me).

That's weird; it's actually pretty easy on my computer. Click the button, and just click "Paste" to put it anywhere. Takes about 2 seconds. noidea
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kelsey
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Ho, Ho, Horrible gift   Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:42 pm

Tourterelle wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:

thumbs

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru

Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.

PostSubject: Re: Ho, Ho, Horrible gift   Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:35 pm

Louisa Lynn wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:

Ugh, she's taking advantage of her grammar skills by picking at the people who speak the truth. I can't believe she dissed Tourterelle like that. She acts all high and mighty.

huuuug You're all very sweet, defending me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Ho, Ho, Horrible gift   Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:35 pm

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:

On your keyboard, there should be a button that says "Print Scr" or "Syrs Rq." On mine, it is located at the top right of the keyboard. Click that, and it will take a picture of the screen. After that, just paste in into a Word document or Paint, and crop it.

thumbs

Last edited by Tourterelle on Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Louisa
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Ho, Ho, Horrible gift   Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:20 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Louisa
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Ho, Ho, Horrible gift   Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:37 pm

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:

Ugh, she's taking advantage of her grammar skills by picking at the people who speak the truth. I can't believe she dissed Tourterelle like that. She acts all high and mighty.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 4826
Location : The computer of the Biology Research Lab......procrastinating.
Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways

PostSubject: Re: Ho, Ho, Horrible gift   Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:56 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Louisa
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Ho, Ho, Horrible gift   Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:26 pm

Tourterelle wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:
My cousin is seriously fuming now. What on earth is going on? She said a dumb cow named Samantha sent her a private message telling her to stay out of it. Now i'm peeved...

Now Samantha is attacking her, apparently.

You know what? She practically calls my intelligence into play, then when I open up my Q&A and say "Search for my rude answers" she claims she doesn't have the time, says good night, and deletes her answer!

What a disgusting human being!

i don't think she deleted them... my cousin has many anti twilight friends. she called them up and had them report the answer.

Oh. Well, I would have rather let her cowardice just hang there, but a violation works nicely too.

The magical back button provided this:

Jesus Christ, how could she be a Top Contributor? And Tourterelle, can you teach me how to make a screen print just like what you did there? I'd love to know how.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laura
Admin

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Ho, Ho, Horrible gift   Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:12 am

Guys - for some strange reason, you are most entertaining when you do bend the rules Twisted Evil As for the religion/politics rule... I know some people are easily offended, that's why I put up that rule. As long as you take care not to upset anyone, it's alright. Twilight/YA - I know how hard it is to quit. Try doing it via PM, and not in the public forum, if that's ok Smile

Besides... I need to stay up longer, or get up earlier. All the good stuff happens around 5am, when I am safely in sleepiland.

Second besides: I'm so going to spend my Christmas money today and get myself a Nintendo DS. bouncy

Kelsey
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Ho, Ho, Horrible gift   Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:40 am

If I wasn't an insomniac, I'd turn in, too. It's twenty till three in the morning. I'm not even tired. That might have something to do with me being short-- I never sleep!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
denizenofevil

Number of posts : 426

PostSubject: Re: Ho, Ho, Horrible gift   Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:33 am

night Tourterelle!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Ho, Ho, Horrible gift   Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:31 am

Well, I've had enough drama fun for one night.

Good night, everyone! huuuug
Back to top Go down
View user profile
denizenofevil

PostSubject: Re: Ho, Ho, Horrible gift   Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:26 am

Kelsey wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:
i noticed. You know what? We suck at keeping twilight out of conversations here. I think that as long as we visit YA, it will be impossible for us to not talk about it...

It would be if we all quit answering Twilight questions.
Me: "My name's Kelsey and I'm a Twihate addict."
ThAA: "Hello, Kelsey."
Me: "I've been on and off the wagon, but now I'm officially off it (if that does indeed mean that I quit-- darn Seinfeld). It's hard at first and on occasions like tonight, but it gets easier and easier."
If we all quit, this forum could be nearly Twilight-free.

Yes, we've broken the Twilight rule tonight. In fact, we've broken several forum rules. We discussed religion, politics, Twilight, and Y!A all in one train.

lol... you're right but hey, we did it without offending or insulting anyone right? We were mature about it. Or maybe we just know each other well enough to tolerate it... The problem is, I can't stop answering the Twilight questions especially with twilighters saying that my opinion doesn't matter as much as theirs. I want to exercise my right to free speech... I refuse to back down. Besides, it's not like my answers are insulting anyone. I use facts. They just don't like my opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
denizenofevil

PostSubject: Re: Ho, Ho, Horrible gift   Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:24 am

Kelsey wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:

hey! she must have put her profile on private cause i can't see anything... *scheming...

Private profiles are not an option offered by Yahoo! Answers. I've not figured out what that "Oops!" page means, but a few people on my block list have that all the time. Maybe it means they've blocked me, and maybe it means that they've reported something of yours. With my all but shattered troll record, it's hard to tell.

Are you sure? I've done nothing to make her want to block me. Maybe she blocks all antitwilighters with reason and methods to back up claims.. That's what she did to Tourterelle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kelsey
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Ho, Ho, Horrible gift   Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:23 am

denizenofevil wrote:
i noticed. You know what? We suck at keeping twilight out of conversations here. I think that as long as we visit YA, it will be impossible for us to not talk about it...

It would be if we all quit answering Twilight questions.
Me: "My name's Kelsey and I'm a Twihate addict."
ThAA: "Hello, Kelsey."
Me: "I've been on and off the wagon, but now I'm officially off it (if that does indeed mean that I quit-- darn Seinfeld). It's hard at first and on occasions like tonight, but it gets easier and easier."
If we all quit, this forum could be nearly Twilight-free.

Yes, we've broken the Twilight rule tonight. In fact, we've broken several forum rules. We discussed religion, politics, Twilight, and Y!A all in one train.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kelsey
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Ho, Ho, Horrible gift   Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:18 am

denizenofevil wrote:

hey! she must have put her profile on private cause i can't see anything... *scheming...

Private profiles are not an option offered by Yahoo! Answers. I've not figured out what that "Oops!" page means, but a few people on my block list have that all the time. Maybe it means they've blocked me, and maybe it means that they've reported something of yours. With my all but shattered troll record, it's hard to tell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
denizenofevil

PostSubject: Re: Ho, Ho, Horrible gift   Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:16 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Ho, Ho, Horrible gift   Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:13 am

denizenofevil wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:
who the heck does she think she is! "Stop contaminating YA with your answers?!" As if her opinions matters more... I used to think she could be reasonable. I thought that since she had a TC badge, she wouldn't be the typical moron. I'm so angry right now.

I'm burnt out and a tiny bit grumpy, myself.

I haven't argued like that in months. I shouldn't have went to her level. Rolling Eyes

Psh, you didn't stoop to her level. You defended yourself. What else are you going to do? Stand there and let her discredit you and ruin your reputation on YA? As long as you didn't do any personal insults or use unbacked up facts, you didn't stoop to her level. She outright insulted you and when she couldn't back her claims up, she ran away with her tail between her legs saying she didn't care. A lesser person (me) would have chased her down and reported every one of her Twilight answers.

Feel free to do so now.

I wouldn't do so, but then again I can't, considering she blocked me. lol!

haha.. I'll follow her around but i'll only report her for insulting other people or the like. I'll have to have self control as to not incriminate myself. That's so immature. I hate people who tell people their opinion doesn't matter. What the heck?! Well, as long as that question is about, people will be able to see the ugly side of her... Sad... I was really hoping she would be someone we could invite here to discuss things with. I guess it just didn't work out since she took to insulting people without evidence.

Actually, they won't be able to see her answer, as I think it's been deleted. Oh well, though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
denizenofevil

PostSubject: Re: Ho, Ho, Horrible gift   Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:09 am

Tourterelle wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:
Tourterelle wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:
who the heck does she think she is! "Stop contaminating YA with your answers?!" As if her opinions matters more... I used to think she could be reasonable. I thought that since she had a TC badge, she wouldn't be the typical moron. I'm so angry right now.

I'm burnt out and a tiny bit grumpy, myself.

I haven't argued like that in months. I shouldn't have went to her level. Rolling Eyes

Psh, you didn't stoop to her level. You defended yourself. What else are you going to do? Stand there and let her discredit you and ruin your reputation on YA? As long as you didn't do any personal insults or use unbacked up facts, you didn't stoop to her level. She outright insulted you and when she couldn't back her claims up, she ran away with her tail between her legs saying she didn't care. A lesser person (me) would have chased her down and reported every one of her Twilight answers.

Feel free to do so now.

I wouldn't do so, but then again I can't, considering she blocked me. lol!

haha.. I'll follow her around but i'll only report her for insulting other people or the like. I'll have to have self control as to not incriminate myself. That's so immature. I hate people who tell people their opinion doesn't matter. What the heck?! Well, as long as that question is about, people will be able to see the ugly side of her... Sad... I was really hoping she would be someone we could invite here to discuss things with. I guess it just didn't work out since she took to insulting people without evidence.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ho, Ho, Horrible gift   

Back to top Go down

Ho, Ho, Horrible gift
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next