Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Epiphany is here!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Megan

PostSubject: Epiphany is here!   Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:03 am

Hello, everyone! I'm Megan. Most of you know me pretty well, but for those who don't, I'll introduce myself.

I'm 16 and a sophomore in high school. I love learning, but I am usually frustrated for because it just isn't challenging to me-- most of my school life has been that way. Stupid people annoy me. I don't relate well with your average teenager-- they seem so different than me that sometimes I wonder how in the world I can only be 16. I pride myself on my intelligence. I love reading, writing, analyzing, painting, and the theater. I can't act to save my life and either faint or have a panic attack if I am forced to stand in front of large groups of people, but I love plays and musicals and the feelings that can be portrayed through them, particularly Phantom Of The Opera and Sweeney Todd. I hate math (except for geometry... yay for math based on logic, not stupid algorithms and "imaginary numbers". Pfff). I'm usually pessimistic (though I prefer to look at it as being realistic Cool ), but I am extremely enthusiastic and passionate about the things I love. I think I'm a pretty tough person and I definitely don't have insecurity issues like most teenagers girls do, but my friends tell me I'm much too forgiving and compassionate. I love thinking and I love talking about deep things. I'm opinionated, but at the same time, I understand different perspectives well enough that I have a hard time making up my own mind about things. I love debating with people. I loathe looking weak or incompetent, and I hate when people do things for me-- perhaps I'm a bit too independent for my own good, eh? I'm not really a normal person (as my friends so eloquently said, I am the "Queen of Randomness"), and I'm terrified of the future. I try to be as tolerant and nonjudmental as I can be. Basically, I don't really know who I am, because I'm in the process of trying to decide what I believe, what I want out of life, and who I want to be.

So, there you go.

By the way, I'd like to thank Solveig for this brilliant idea. It's refreshing to come to a place where I know I can find intellectual discussions.

Message edited by BeautyBlitz
Back to top Go down
Epiphany
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany is here!   Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:07 am

And, and by the way, that was supposed to say, "I love learning, but I am usually frustrated by school because it just isn't challenging to me-- most of my school life has been that way."
Embarassed How embarrassing, a typo!

While we are on the topic of Megan's embarrassment...
For some reason, the buttons to post a new topic or reply to a topic are in German on my computer. I don't know why the heck they're German-- I don't even know German, I take Latin! Does anyone know how to fix it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coffee Spoons
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie

Number of posts : 58

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany is here!   Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:10 am

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GuardianSaiyoko
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany is here!   Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:14 am

Heyla, Megan! Good to see you here. I was in the same situation in school, but lucky for me I hung out with the nerds and we were all good friends, so it all worked out. We had such riveting debates as what superpowers we would like to have and whether or not Batman could kick Superman's ass. Sadly, these were more intellectual discussions than the ones we had in class. I also hated math, but somehow I managed to drop all my math classes to take art classes instead. I will never know how I finished high school.

Huh, my buttons are in German too. How did I not notice that before? I don't know German, either. Suspect

It isn't too big a problem once you figure out which one is New Topic and which is New Reply, though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://home.comcast.net/~dragedatter/
Kelsey
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 2780
Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.

PostSubject: Welcome!   Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:19 am

You know me, so I'm not going to blab all night.
Anyway, welcome to the "Treehouse!"

What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Epiphany
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie

Number of posts : 60

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany is here!   Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:27 am

Kelsey wrote:
You know me, so I'm not going to blab all night.
Anyway, welcome to the "Treehouse!"

What a Face

Thank you, my love.
Who else of our little group is going to come here?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 1882
Dictionary Definition : Rodent - Homo Rodentiensis is a typical LC creature. Always ready to laugh about stupidity, this being has long occupied a special moderator status on the LC. As one of the very few LC creatures who actually can get and keep a partner, she is the object of constant envy. Though madness is not part of the average Rodents characteristics, this particular feature can at times be subject to change, especially when striken by severe sleep deprivation.
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany is here!   Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:15 am

WELCOME!

I as well was on B&A. You may have known me as BeautyBlitz, Butter Tart or Merry Christmas. It is nice to see some familiar faces in here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laura
Admin

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany is here!   Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:24 am

Hi Megan Smile

Yes, for some reason I haven't figured out, these buttons are still in German. I am trying to fix that, there must be a way Smile And if you know someone you'd like to invite, go ahead, let's get this thing rolling! Very Happy

Cheers
S
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://literarycabinet.roomforum.com
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 7942
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany is here!   Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:26 pm

Hey Megan. Welcome to Eden. afro

Yeah, the buttons are in German, but it's really not so bad once you learn which is which. I just starting toying around with each, and I guess I know a bit of German now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CherryCola1788

Number of posts : 14

PostSubject: German Buttons   Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:26 pm

Aber... aber... aber... ich MAG die deutsche Knopfe....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://elizabethcody.wordpress.com
Laura
Admin

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany is here!   Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:59 pm

Cherry, you speak German? I'm seriously impressed, not many people care to learn it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://literarycabinet.roomforum.com
Cereal P!NK
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie

Number of posts : 41

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany is here!   Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:20 pm

Wow Megan, I know how it feels when you 'typo'! :S
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Goldfish

Number of posts : 226

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany is here!   Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:08 pm

Megan, you're not alone! I've always felt the same way as well. Stupid people annoy me and I don't relate to the average teenager, either. I've often found myself wondering if I just happened to drop into someone else's body, but got to keep my mind.

And I'm realistic too. "Pessimistic" is such a depressing word anyway.

Oh, I've totally got the whole "too independent for my own good" thing going on, too. I got it from my mom. But what I didn't get from my mom was my "opinionated-ness", which annoys her a lot of the time. "You have an opinion on everything, don't you?!" "Yes, I do." Razz

Nice to see you here!

Message edited by BeautyBlitz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Epiphany is here!   

Back to top Go down

Epiphany is here!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Literary Cabinet :: Welcome :: Introduce yourselves here :)-