Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The future...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 7942
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: The future...   Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:34 am

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:

Awesome! That's quite specific and organized (unlike my go-with-the-flow policy). I'm sure you'll be able to accomplish that! thumbs

Aw, thanks! elephant

The only issue is actually making those (silly) dreams come true! brows
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru

Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.

PostSubject: Re: The future...   Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:34 am

Quote :
What would I hate to happen? Ending up alone. I have bad social anxiety, so I have real trouble talking to people and making friends. It's plausible that ten or twenty years will go by and I'll never get attached to anyone. Crying or Very sad That would break my heart.

I have the same exact worries, although I'm not really anxious when meeting or talking to new people. I would hate to be alone forever. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jane
Master
Master

Number of posts : 1077
Dictionary Definition : Jane: Also known as "Ally," "Allison," and "freshmeat," this female Homo Sapiens specimen has proven herself a strong member of the Literary Cabinet world. One can recognize "Jane" by her taste in, especially older, men, many of them classic fictional characters, as well as her distinct fear of drama class auditions. Like many of the other species in the Literary Cabinet Universe, she is crazy in her own right.
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: The future...   Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:32 pm

I unconsciously plan my future in my head. If anyone asks, I know exactly where I want to be in ten years. I know not all of this will happen the way want, but I might as well make-believe for now.

I want to be married and have children. I really want a son. My husband should be completely awesome and named Chris. droolheart . My career would teaching high school English (or some form of literature), and I would make time for writing somewhere. I want to visit Africa, and maybe even write a book about it. I'd like to help the people in Darfur.

I'm not really worried if none of this happens. I mean, I want it to happen really badly. These are my dreams. But if they don't come true...I'll find another dream. So long as I have a future somewhere I'm good.

What would I hate to happen? Ending up alone. I have bad social anxiety, so I have real trouble talking to people and making friends. It's plausible that ten or twenty years will go by and I'll never get attached to anyone. Crying or Very sad That would break my heart.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 4826
Location : The computer of the Biology Research Lab......procrastinating.
Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways

PostSubject: Re: The future...   Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:30 pm

Tourterelle wrote:
Five years from now, I will be 20 years old. By then, I want to be at the University of Wisconsin, majoring in English and holding a minor in French.

Ten years from now, I will be 25 years old. I will be graduating from college (hopefully) around that age, and I would like to be able to find a solid career by then, and begin searching for a house as well.

Twenty years from now, I will be 35 years old. Those years are really far away, but I think I would like that solid career, a nice home with my own small library with plushy, brown leather armchairs and plenty of books, a marriage, a Golden retriever named Eyre or Oliver, and a child or three. Two daughters, one son, called Annabel, Charlotte, and Edmund.

book1 I've, um, got it all planned out.

Awesome! That's quite specific and organized (unlike my go-with-the-flow policy). I'm sure you'll be able to accomplish that! thumbs
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The future...   Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:54 pm

Five years from now, I will be 20 years old. By then, I want to be at the University of Wisconsin, majoring in English and holding a minor in French.

Ten years from now, I will be 25 years old. I will be graduating from college (hopefully) around that age, and I would like to be able to find a solid career by then, and begin searching for a house as well.

Twenty years from now, I will be 35 years old. Those years are really far away, but I think I would like that solid career, a nice home with my own small library with plushy, brown leather armchairs and plenty of books, a marriage, a Golden retriever named Eyre or Oliver, and a child or three. Two daughters, one son, called Annabel, Charlotte, and Edmund.

book1 I've, um, got it all planned out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Goldfish

Number of posts : 226

PostSubject: Re: The future...   Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:53 am

Louisa Lynn wrote:
[quote="Goldfish]That's sick. Toying with someone's feelings is not a game. Now I know why your mom said he'd need a lawyer to get his ass out of prison. Do you get along with your other half siblings?

Well, it's not really as serious as yours; my dad's a good guy. I should need to restate that. I don't necessarily "hate" him, I'm just annoyed with him. I just want him to show his love to my other two siblings. It's always me getting the affection, and he's always ordering my siblings. I keep telling him to go shower his affection to them, he says 'okay I will' but he doesn't really do it. I feel sorry for my siblings sometimes. Really weird of me, huh?
lol!

Oh, no. I don't differentiate between full-blooded siblings and half siblings. In fact, the first time someone actually told me that they were my half siblings (I was really young then), I started to cry, because I thought that meant they weren't my siblings at all. Then, ten seconds later, I decided I didn't care. Now, we don't look at each other like we're not totally related; the only time I refer to them as half siblings is when I don't want to write a paragraph about how I only have two full-blooded sisters and three half siblings. Laughing

No. That's not weird at all, because it was the same thing with my father. We didn't really ask about the past, since we'd never felt curious or as if we'd been missing something, but when we were old enough to understand, my mom told us about our father and talked a lot about how I was his favorite, since I am the first born. It made the rest of the puzzle fit, because whenever other relatives ever talked about my dad, my name always came up. So while he bothered ask my mom if I could talk to him, he didn't talk to my sisters most times. The few times he did, he'd talk to them about me.

It angered me. It also made my sisters resent me, since--once again--I was "getting everything that I wanted". They are so dramatic. lol! But now it's like "He hates all of us the same!! Yay!!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Louisa
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 6193
Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.

PostSubject: Re: The future...   Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:45 am

Goldfish wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:
Wow, excuse me for saying this, but...WHAT. AN. ASSHOLE. I know I don't have a right to say that, but that's just how I felt while reading this. I'm glad that you're doing fine, though. Are you an only child?

He is messed up. If I wasn't so sure, I'd bet he was just tricking your mom again. Your mom's a smart person. victory

lol! You're totally excused. No. I'm not an only child. Far from it. I have two other sisters and three half siblings. The funny thing is that my mom told us when they first got married, he'd wanted a boy, but ended up with three girls instead. Now that he's remarried? He has three boys. He refers to them as "his children" and used to say all the time "I don't want to do to my children, what I did to you." I don't want him to do that to his other children as well, so I understand that. But it used to piss my mom off. She'd say "Yeah. Those three are his children, but you three aren't!"

He was trying to trick my mom. It was a game to him and, in his mind, he'd lost, so remarrying my mom again meant he'd have a trophy, he'd prove something to himself. Kind of sick, really.

But, anyway, why do you hate your dad sometimes?

That's sick. Toying with someone's feelings is not a game. Now I know why your mom said he'd need a lawyer to get his ass out of prison. Do you get along with your other half siblings?

Well, it's not really as serious as yours; my dad's a good guy. I should need to restate that. I don't necessarily "hate" him, I'm just annoyed with him. I just want him to show his love to my other two siblings. It's always me getting the affection, and he's always ordering my siblings. I keep telling him to go shower his affection to them, he says 'okay I will' but he doesn't really do it. I feel sorry for my siblings sometimes. Really weird of me, huh?
lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Goldfish

PostSubject: Re: The future...   Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:28 am

Louisa Lynn wrote:
Wow, excuse me for saying this, but...WHAT. AN. ASSHOLE. I know I don't have a right to say that, but that's just how I felt while reading this. I'm glad that you're doing fine, though. Are you an only child?

He is messed up. If I wasn't so sure, I'd bet he was just tricking your mom again. Your mom's a smart person. victory

lol! You're totally excused. No. I'm not an only child. Far from it. I have two other sisters and three half siblings. The funny thing is that my mom told us when they first got married, he'd wanted a boy, but ended up with three girls instead. Now that he's remarried? He has three boys. He refers to them as "his children" and used to say all the time "I don't want to do to my children, what I did to you." I don't want him to do that to his other children as well, so I understand that. But it used to piss my mom off. She'd say "Yeah. Those three are his children, but you three aren't!"

He was trying to trick my mom. It was a game to him and, in his mind, he'd lost, so remarrying my mom again meant he'd have a trophy, he'd prove something to himself. Kind of sick, really.

But, anyway, why do you hate your dad sometimes?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Louisa
Guru
Guru

Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.

PostSubject: Re: The future...   Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:21 am

Goldfish wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:
lol! to your mom. My mom would never say that to my dad; she's so bloody in love with him, which makes me sick to the pit of my stomach. No Actually, those who read a lot could become good lawyers. So you hate your dad? Excuse me if I'm being nosy, but why? Because, I don't know why, but sometimes I find myself hating my dad on occasions.

Oh, I've never actually known my dad. He...er...cheated on my mom, then abadoned us. So, he calls a few years later, once we've gotten our lives settled, once my mom's remarried to a guy who's equally as bad, if not worse, and he asks for money. He asks us if we'll send our pictures to him, so he can see how we look. Yeah. We do. We also write a letter to him, which is the first time we'd actually talked to him after those few years (note: he left when I was toddler, this is when I'm just becoming a teenager), then we send it. He doesn't call for a few more years. He calls, then he makes promises he can't keep, let's also not forget how he's a chauvinistic asshole--but what else did I expect?--and he insults my mom all the time. My mom, being the nicey-nice person she'd been at that time, kept hoping we'd give him another chance, just another chance to get to know him.

Now, it's not that my mom was in love with him. She's not. In fact, she's hated more than we have at times. It's just that, my grandpa is my mom's life; she cares about him so much. She didn't really know her mother very well, although they lived in the same house and her parents have been married for decades. Her mother wasn't the best mom out there, so her dad's always been the one there for her. Because of that, she realizes just how important a dad is to a child, therefore trying to convince us to give our father a chance.

We did. A few times, but he kept making these insults, these chauvinistic remarks, kept promising things to us that we knew he didn't really care about. Then he kept telling my mom how he was still in love with her, how she'd always be his first love and how she would never forget him. So he does the weirdest thing ever, he asks my mom to marry him. She says no. He calls the next time and does this, over and over again. She says no every single time. Let's not forget that he was married, too. Finally, he made a phone call and I talked to him and he pissed me off, so after that, every single time he called and asked to speak to me, I refused to. I'm his "little girl", so it was a big deal for him. A few more phone calls after this and my mom is like "Don't ask me to marry you again! I'm not in love with you. I don't want to be with you!! I just want you to be there for your children!!"

He hasn't called since.

That's why I don't like him. lol! Sorry for the novella!

Edit: That's a great quote; it makes total sense.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Goldfish

PostSubject: Re: The future...   Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:08 am

Louisa Lynn wrote:
lol! to your mom. My mom would never say that to my dad; she's so bloody in love with him, which makes me sick to the pit of my stomach. No Actually, those who read a lot could become good lawyers. So you hate your dad? Excuse me if I'm being nosy, but why? Because, I don't know why, but sometimes I find myself hating my dad on occasions.

Oh, I've never actually known my dad. He...er...cheated on my mom, then abadoned us. So, he calls a few years later, once we've gotten our lives settled, once my mom's remarried to a guy who's equally as bad, if not worse, and he asks for money. He asks us if we'll send our pictures to him, so he can see how we look. Yeah. We do. We also write a letter to him, which is the first time we'd actually talked to him after those few years (note: he left when I was toddler, this is when I'm just becoming a teenager), then we send it. He doesn't call for a few more years. He calls, then he makes promises he can't keep, let's also not forget how he's a chauvinistic asshole--but what else did I expect?--and he insults my mom all the time. My mom, being the nicey-nice person she'd been at that time, kept hoping we'd give him another chance, just another chance to get to know him.

Now, it's not that my mom was in love with him. She's not. In fact, she's hated more than we have at times. It's just that, my grandpa is my mom's life; she cares about him so much. She didn't really know her mother very well, although they lived in the same house and her parents have been married for decades. Her mother wasn't the best mom out there, so her dad's always been the one there for her. Because of that, she realizes just how important a dad is to a child, therefore trying to convince us to give our father a chance.

We did. A few times, but he kept making these insults, these chauvinistic remarks, kept promising things to us that we knew he didn't really care about. Then he kept telling my mom how he was still in love with her, how she'd always be his first love and how she would never forget him. So he does the weirdest thing ever, he asks my mom to marry him. She says no. He calls the next time and does this, over and over again. She says no every single time. Let's not forget that he was married, too. Finally, he made a phone call and I talked to him and he pissed me off, so after that, every single time he called and asked to speak to me, I refused to. I'm his "little girl", so it was a big deal for him. A few more phone calls after this and my mom is like "Don't ask me to marry you again! I'm not in love with you. I don't want to be with you!! I just want you to be there for your children!!"

He hasn't called since.

That's why I don't like him. lol! Sorry for the novella!

Edit: That's a great quote; it makes total sense.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Louisa
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The future...   Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:06 am

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
What I do know is that before I die, I want to make some sort of effect. It could be small or large, I don't mind, but I want someone to remember me when I'm gone for something good I did.

I think that no matter what I do, I really want to have a huge (positive) influence in something--whether it be in one person's life or in the entire world. I guess that is my ultimate goal.

I remembered a quote that made so much sense; it's not exact, but the meaning is there: "The point of life is not to live it to the fullest, but to mean something—to have made a mark that you lived at all."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru

Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways

PostSubject: Re: The future...   Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:59 am

Kelsey wrote:
What I do know is that before I die, I want to make some sort of effect. It could be small or large, I don't mind, but I want someone to remember me when I'm gone for something good I did.

I think that no matter what I do, I really want to have a huge (positive) influence in something--whether it be in one person's life or in the entire world. I guess that is my ultimate goal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Louisa
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The future...   Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:58 am

Goldfish wrote:
[quote="Louisa Lynn]My dad wanted me to become a doctor so that if he and mom were already old, I'd be the one to take care of them. They loathe nursing homes and think that nursing homes are for those that were abandoned by their kids.

lol! I've been raised to think that! But that's what my mom says about my dad. She says "Oh, the only reason he wants you to be a lawyer is so you can get his *** out of prison once he gets in there." My mom's a riot! lol![/quote]

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The future...   Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:57 am

Goldfish wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:
My dad wanted me to become a doctor so that if he and mom were already old, I'd be the one to take care of them. They loathe nursing homes and think that nursing homes are for those that were abandoned by their kids.

lol! I've been raised to think that! But that's what my mom says about my dad. She says "Oh, the only reason he wants you to be a lawyer is so you can get his *** out of prison once he gets in there." My mom's a riot! lol!

You guys are funny. But there is some truth to picking out a career based on money. Sure, it isn't the only thing (or at least it shouldn't be the only thing) that matters, but my parents kept stressing that practicality is just as important. That said, I don't need to go out there and earn a 6-figure (although, by becoming a doctor, that's already going to happen...), but I need to have a career that I can live quasi-comfortably on. Overall, follow your dreams, unless the jobs available for your dream are completely impractical.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Goldfish

PostSubject: Re: The future...   Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:49 am

[quote="Louisa Lynn]My dad wanted me to become a doctor so that if he and mom were already old, I'd be the one to take care of them. They loathe nursing homes and think that nursing homes are for those that were abandoned by their kids.[/quote]

lol! I've been raised to think that! But that's what my mom says about my dad. She says "Oh, the only reason he wants you to be a lawyer is so you can get his *** out of prison once he gets in there." My mom's a riot! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Goldfish

PostSubject: Re: The future...   Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:47 am

Kelsey wrote:
Lately, I've developed a calender complex. I can't look at a calender without thinking "Oh my gosh, I'm getting old," which is really odd because I'm fourteen. I think of all the things I want to do, and how little time I have to do it in.
My major goal right now is to make it through high school with my sanity, grades, and social life in tact.
I might go to college if my pirating pirat plans fall through. I don't know for what, but I might want to teach. English on an advanced level or musical education if I stay in the States; if I move to Spain (maybe Barcelona) or something, I'd teach English there, too.
I've said that I don't think I'll have kids. I'm not really good with young children sometimes because they frustrate me, but as I get older I get more patience. When and if I do get married, I'll decide then with my husband's wants in mind-- that should be a two-way decision and I shouldn't totally make up my mind now.

Same thing's been happening to me, which is why I'm so stressed out lately. I'm like "Oh my gosh, I've go to do this, and this still needs to get done. And how about this?" I'm pretty sure that by the time you're through with high school, you'll figure out what you want to do. Hopefully. And if not, I'll join you on the seas with Zara and Louisa! Ahoy matey!!

Of course, having kids should be a two way decision. I've always thought about it that way, too.

I'm a Sagittarius and while I'm not a big believer in horoscopes, when I at the looked at the goal of a Sagittarius, I was like "Oh my gosh! You're totally on that one!" It said that a Sagittarius wants to make a difference and for the longest time, that's all I've wanted to do. If I don't make a difference to someone, to the world overall (I like to go in for the big stuff, sometimes), then I'll be like "Blah. Haven't done much in my life, have I?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Louisa
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The future...   Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:44 am

Goldfish wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:
I've always been very focused on careers. Even when I was still a kid, I'd be stressing myself out on choosing a career for myself. Me and my best friend used to write down all the jobs that were attainable, then we'd pick which one suited us best.

I read Love, Rosie by Cecilia Ahern just a few weeks ago, and it really got me thinking. The protagonist was accepted to a great college in Boston, and just before she was going to graduate, she got pregnant at her school dance and it changed her life forever. So I'm being really careful. That's why I'm not having sex until I'm happily married. Very Happy

I have a lot of jobs in mind: Lawyer (following my mom's footsteps), Fashion designer (love to draw, love to design), Author (I love to write), Animator (I love to draw).

True. That could always happen. A scary thought, but something that needs to be thought about, nonetheless.

Anyway, it's so funny, but the last careers you listed, were exactly the ones I've always thought of as well!! My dad, whom I loathe, wanted me to become a lawyer, but that's not me. My mom wanted me to become a doctor and for years, she didn't believe that the sight of blood actually, truly made me sick to my stomach. Now she totally supports what I want to do.

My dad wanted me to become a doctor so that if he and mom were already old, I'd be the one to take care of them. They loathe nursing homes and think that nursing homes are for those that were abandoned by their kids.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Goldfish

PostSubject: Re: The future...   Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:40 am

Louisa Lynn wrote:
I've always been very focused on careers. Even when I was still a kid, I'd be stressing myself out on choosing a career for myself. Me and my best friend used to write down all the jobs that were attainable, then we'd pick which one suited us best.

I read Love, Rosie by Cecilia Ahern just a few weeks ago, and it really got me thinking. The protagonist was accepted to a great college in Boston, and just before she was going to graduate, she got pregnant at her school dance and it changed her life forever. So I'm being really careful. That's why I'm not having sex until I'm happily married. Very Happy

I have a lot of jobs in mind: Lawyer (following my mom's footsteps), Fashion designer (love to draw, love to design), Author (I love to write), Animator (I love to draw).

True. That could always happen. A scary thought, but something that needs to be thought about, nonetheless.

Anyway, it's so funny, but the last careers you listed, were exactly the ones I've always thought of as well!! My dad, whom I loathe, wanted me to become a lawyer, but that's not me. My mom wanted me to become a doctor and for years, she didn't believe that the sight of blood actually, truly made me sick to my stomach. Now she totally supports what I want to do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kelsey
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 2780
Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.

PostSubject: Re: The future...   Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:40 am

Lately, I've developed a calender complex. I can't look at a calender without thinking "Oh my gosh, I'm getting old," which is really odd because I'm fourteen. I think of all the things I want to do, and how little time I have to do it in.
My major goal right now is to make it through high school with my sanity, grades, and social life in tact.
I might go to college if my pirating pirat plans fall through. I don't know for what, but I might want to teach. English on an advanced level or musical education if I stay in the States; if I move to Spain (maybe Barcelona) or something, I'd teach English there, too.
I've said that I don't think I'll have kids. I'm not really good with young children sometimes because they frustrate me, but as I get older I get more patience. When and if I do get married, I'll decide then with my husband's wants in mind-- that should be a two-way decision and I shouldn't totally make up my mind now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Louisa
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The future...   Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:37 am

Ten years from now I hope I can have my own animated show or published novel. (then a big "IN YOUR FACE" to the people who mocked me, nah I'm kidding)
Twenty years from now I hope to be happily married with the man I love and with a beautiful child. (I only want ONE child in my whole life for some reason)

Last edited by Louisa Lynn on Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 1882
Dictionary Definition : Rodent - Homo Rodentiensis is a typical LC creature. Always ready to laugh about stupidity, this being has long occupied a special moderator status on the LC. As one of the very few LC creatures who actually can get and keep a partner, she is the object of constant envy. Though madness is not part of the average Rodents characteristics, this particular feature can at times be subject to change, especially when striken by severe sleep deprivation.
Awards :
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: The future...   Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:23 am

Well, 5 years from now I hope to be able to pay off my house. If that doesn't happen it will in 8 years so either way I'm good. In the next 1-3 years I'll probably have my second and final child. I will by this time have also completed my first novel.

10 years from now I hope to have published at least one novel.

20 years from now I hope to be filthy stinking rich from all my best sellers then my husband can retire, but I will keep writing of course.

If things don't go my way I'll just roll with the punches.
When life gives you lemons...find someone who has vodka and have a party drunken drunken lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The future...   Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:15 am

Goldfish wrote:
But my perfect life just consists of me being one of those top earning executives, who go home to a nice, quiet house, who spends her weekends cuddled in bed reading a good book. That's how I'd like my life to be. My mom doesn't see the appeal in that. She says I'd get tired quickly, but I like working and I like being alone, so... I'd also like to travel. I'd really love to see the world. That'd be fun.

Change "top earning executive" to "top earning doctor/surgeon" and you basically have my goal for life right there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Goldfish

PostSubject: Re: The future...   Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:13 am

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
The future is kind of a scary thing to think about. Right now, I freak out about things that will take place within a year of now (maximum). In general, I've noticed that most people lose track of the big picture (myself included). But the thought has occured to me once in a while. 10 years from now, I can see myself in medical school still working away. But after I'm done with that, I can picture myself single, living in the city-close to a hospital, enjoying time by myself. I can't imagine myself in a family setting. I don't think that life has ever appealed to me. Having a family seems like too much of a commitment and too much of an emotional investment for me.

Being sidetracked? I don't think I'd freak out. At that point, I'd probably go with the flow...unless I had some logical reason to resist what would be coming.

Interesting topic, though...

Same here. I guess I'd like to go with the flow, if I did get sidetracked, but I guess it's just the setting I'm in. If I got sidetracked from my goal, I'm afraid that nobody would be able to help me get back on track. If I needed the help, that is...

Anyway, life hasn't ever appealed to me either. I mean, I grew up raising kids and I found out just how much I'm not a fan of that, sometimes. I don't hate kids, but I don't love them either. I'd be happy being single for the rest of my life, which is exactly the way I'd like it to be, and I'd be happy getting married--I think. scratch But my perfect life just consists of me being one of those top earning executives, who go home to a nice, quiet house, who spends her weekends cuddled in bed reading a good book. That's how I'd like my life to be. My mom doesn't see the appeal in that. She says I'd get tired quickly, but I like working and I like being alone, so... I'd also like to travel. I'd really love to see the world. That'd be fun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Goldfish

PostSubject: Re: The future...   Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:08 am

Goldfish wrote:
Do you ever wonder where you'll be in the future? What your plans are and whether or not you'll actually succeed in getting what you want? Or, if something is going to throw you off track?

Goodness. I've never found myself wondering so much about the future, where I want to be, and what I want to do. I think it's because high school is almost over and then it's college and then...life. Yikes! Anyway, where do you want to be five, ten, twenty years from now? Saying that everything goes accordingly. And are you afraid that anywhere in between that time, you'll get sidetracked or thrown off track and things will change? What would you hate to happen?

Okay. My answers:

If everything went accordingly, then five years from now I would graduate from college. Well, six months from now, I would've already figured out what I wanted to be! Then I would've gone to college and graduated. I want to go to a community college for two years, then move on to a university someplace else. Since I'm homeschooled, my chances of entering a huge university aren't so good, no matter how good my grades are.

Ten years from now, I'd still be happy with my career. Maybe I'd be married. Maybe I wouldn't. Maybe I'd have kids. Maybe I wouldn't.

Twenty years from now, I'd be happy with the choices I'd made, still be happy in my career and maybe still be happy with my personal life (if I got married and had kids, that is). Twenty years from now, I would've already finished writing at least one book and actually got it published! Twenty years from now, I wouldn't be such a good procrastinator. Twenty years from now, I'd be able to look back at my life and think that I'd done my best with what I'd had and that I'd learned from every mistake that I'd made and that I wouldn't change my life no matter what. I would hope that twenty years from now, I wasn't so afraid of the future and that it wasn't such a big black hole.

What I'm afraid of is losing sight of what I want. I'm just afraid of losing, overall, I guess. I'm afraid of...not succeeding.

Well, that's my future! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The future...   Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:06 am

The future is kind of a scary thing to think about. Right now, I freak out about things that will take place within a year of now (maximum). In general, I've noticed that most people lose track of the big picture (myself included). But the thought has occured to me once in a while. 10 years from now, I can see myself in medical school still working away. But after I'm done with that, I can picture myself single, living in the city-close to a hospital, enjoying time by myself. I can't imagine myself in a family setting. I don't think that life has ever appealed to me. Having a family seems like too much of a commitment and too much of an emotional investment for me.

Being sidetracked? I don't think I'd freak out. At that point, I'd probably go with the flow...unless I had some logical reason to resist what would be coming.

Interesting topic, though...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The future...   

Back to top Go down

The future...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next