Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Christmas holidays to-do-list

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Louisa
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 6193
Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Christmas holidays to-do-list   Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:56 pm

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
BeautyBlitz wrote:
Getting back to the subject of Holiday to do lists...I just had to brag to everyone that I am NEARLY ready for christmas. I just have to wrap my parents stockings.

Yes, my husband and I make stockings for my parents. My parents do stockings for my brother, my husband and I and we in turn make stockings for them so everyone gets a stocking. It's a lot of fun. I just have to wrap all the goodies in there and then I am officially ready for christmas.

santa

I love hearing about traditions. I'm not Christian, so I don't celebrate Christmas, but I love this time of year. It is so festive, although I'm still trying to get used to a Texas winter. I'd spent all my life minus 2 years in New England, so I always associated the holiday season with like 1 foot of snow, tall snow-capped pine trees (the suburb I used to live in was relatively rural), long thin icicles that look like drops of silver at dawn, dark and starry nights, really awesome fires in the fireplace, etc. Here, in Texas, it's just flat, commercial, and brown-grass is EVERYWHERE. Not my mental image of a holiday season, despite all the merry cheer around here...

I think that even if you're not Christian, you can still celebrate Christmas. I mean, it's all about peace, love and joy, right?
Speaking of snow, it's snowing in Canada! Everything is positively wrapped in snow! (As seen from big view of window) A guy told us that in his 21 years of living in Canada, this was the worst winter he's experienced. They say snow in Canada is very rare, so this is a nice welcome! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 4826
Location : The computer of the Biology Research Lab......procrastinating.
Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways

PostSubject: Re: Christmas holidays to-do-list   Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:53 pm

Louisa Lynn wrote:
Solveig wrote:
It's just SO nice to hear that I am not the only one with a weird family... The guys that come on Christmas are:

- Uncle. Freshly divorced because of having had fifteen-year "affair". (No, seriously. Fifteen freaking years, and he still calls it an "affair".)
- Aunt. Formerly married to said uncle. Laughs so loud that I keep worrying about our glassware.
- Cousin 1, a.k.a. "Me, only in perfect".
- Cousin 2, who wears more make-up than is a) healthy, b) pleasant and c) affordable.
- Cousin 3, who is still dressed by mum every morning. She is fifteen. Go figure.
- Cousin 4, the only male cousin I have that is not around half a dozen corners. Falls asleep more often than the average sloth, and eats even more. (Usually, his visits are like this: "Hello" - munchmunchmunch - snoooooooooooore - "Bye".)
- Granny. Best granny in entire world.
- Cousin 4's best friend. Snores only half the time, but fills the rest with eating. Good smoking companion, though.
- Cousin 1's perfect boyfriend. Slightly mentally challenged. Can say "hello" and "mmmh" without obvious mistakes, and is usually rewarded by her shrieking "ISN'T HE GOOOOOOOOOOORGEOUS? Where did you say YOUR boyfriend was, Solveig?" Argh. Aaaaaargh.
- Mother of Aunt. Not related to me by blood, probably that's why she is the only sensible person in the whole bunch, except for me and granny. Smokes more in an hour than I do in three weeks.
- Friend of Cousin 3. Never speaks, eats nothing, and refuses to look at anyone. We all wonder why she keeps bringing her here.
- Boyfriend of Cousin 2. Wears less make-up, but is equally airheaded.

And now tell me who exactly invented the concept of love and peace and harmony, and why I don't get a share in it?

Oh.My.God. I actually laughed out loud! Your family is like that of a TV sitcom! lol! lol! lol! lol!

I had exactly the same reaction that Louisa Lynn had! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru

Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways

PostSubject: Re: Christmas holidays to-do-list   Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:52 pm

BeautyBlitz wrote:
Getting back to the subject of Holiday to do lists...I just had to brag to everyone that I am NEARLY ready for christmas. I just have to wrap my parents stockings.

Yes, my husband and I make stockings for my parents. My parents do stockings for my brother, my husband and I and we in turn make stockings for them so everyone gets a stocking. It's a lot of fun. I just have to wrap all the goodies in there and then I am officially ready for christmas.

santa

I love hearing about traditions. I'm not Christian, so I don't celebrate Christmas, but I love this time of year. It is so festive, although I'm still trying to get used to a Texas winter. I'd spent all my life minus 2 years in New England, so I always associated the holiday season with like 1 foot of snow, tall snow-capped pine trees (the suburb I used to live in was relatively rural), long thin icicles that look like drops of silver at dawn, dark and starry nights, really awesome fires in the fireplace, etc. Here, in Texas, it's just flat, commercial, and brown-grass is EVERYWHERE. Not my mental image of a holiday season, despite all the merry cheer around here...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Louisa
Guru
Guru

Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.

PostSubject: Re: Christmas holidays to-do-list   Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:49 pm

Solveig wrote:
It's just SO nice to hear that I am not the only one with a weird family... The guys that come on Christmas are:

- Uncle. Freshly divorced because of having had fifteen-year "affair". (No, seriously. Fifteen freaking years, and he still calls it an "affair".)
- Aunt. Formerly married to said uncle. Laughs so loud that I keep worrying about our glassware.
- Cousin 2, who wears more make-up than is a) healthy, b) pleasant and c) affordable.
- Cousin 3, who is still dressed by mum every morning. She is fifteen. Go figure.
- Cousin 4, the only male cousin I have that is not around half a dozen corners. Falls asleep more often than the average sloth, and eats even more. (Usually, his visits are like this: "Hello" - munchmunchmunch - snoooooooooooore - "Bye".)
- Cousin 4's best friend. Snores only half the time, but fills the rest with eating. Good smoking companion, though.
- Cousin 1's perfect boyfriend. Slightly mentally challenged. Can say "hello" and "mmmh" without obvious mistakes, and is usually rewarded by her shrieking "ISN'T HE GOOOOOOOOOOORGEOUS? Where did you say YOUR boyfriend was, Solveig?" Argh. Aaaaaargh.
- Mother of Aunt. Not related to me by blood, probably that's why she is the only sensible person in the whole bunch, except for me and granny. Smokes more in an hour than I do in three weeks.
- Friend of Cousin 3. Never speaks, eats nothing, and refuses to look at anyone. We all wonder why she keeps bringing her here.

And now tell me who exactly invented the concept of love and peace and harmony, and why I don't get a share in it?

Oh.My.God. I actually laughed out loud! Your family is like that of a TV sitcom! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Christmas holidays to-do-list   Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:48 pm

Tourterelle wrote:
BeautyBlitz wrote:
OH I hate it when people say or do mean and rotten things and then go "Oh, but I'm a Christian." They think that their religion automatically puts them on a level above other non-religious people. Evil or Very Mad

Exactly!

I'm not particularly religious myself, but I think Christianity can be good if some of the rules (or commandments) are followed, and if some Christians don't act as if they can do no wrong because they are Christian. Rolling Eyes

Probably one of my biggest pet peeves is when somebody does something "in the name of God"--regardless of their religion. I just want to smack them and say "Your religion, do whatever the hell you want. Keep your religion off of me". It's kind of pathetic, how bigoted and hypocritical some people are today.

"I'm a Christian". lol! I'd love to show them some things they never knew about the Bible. And I'm not even Christian...go figure. I could rant about how being a "non-Christian" "liberal (by comparison to the ultra-conservative religious nut-jobs down here)" is Texas really is like, but that would take forever. There are real dumbasses down here in Texas. Sure, they are everywhere else, but it really, really stands out in Texas...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laura
Admin

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Christmas holidays to-do-list   Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:35 pm

BeautyBlitz wrote:

santa

That is so cute! Traditions are great - and save lots of sellotape, too.

Laura
Admin

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.

PostSubject: Re: Christmas holidays to-do-list   Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:34 pm

BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 1882
Dictionary Definition : Rodent - Homo Rodentiensis is a typical LC creature. Always ready to laugh about stupidity, this being has long occupied a special moderator status on the LC. As one of the very few LC creatures who actually can get and keep a partner, she is the object of constant envy. Though madness is not part of the average Rodents characteristics, this particular feature can at times be subject to change, especially when striken by severe sleep deprivation.
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Christmas holidays to-do-list   Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:31 pm

santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 7942
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Christmas holidays to-do-list   Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:28 pm

BeautyBlitz wrote:
OH I hate it when people say or do mean and rotten things and then go "Oh, but I'm a Christian." They think that their religion automatically puts them on a level above other non-religious people. Evil or Very Mad

Exactly!

I'm not particularly religious myself, but I think Christianity can be good if some of the rules (or commandments) are followed, and if some Christians don't act as if they can do no wrong because they are Christian. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Louisa
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Christmas holidays to-do-list   Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:58 pm

Tourterelle wrote:
BeautyBlitz wrote:
I have little to do with most of my cousins. They were raised VERY differently for the most part and I just can't tolerate some of the decisions they make (like mooching off of mom and dad at the age of 27) The others that I have nothing to do with are mean people who look down on other people for no apparent reason other then that "they are better"
I do have a couple cousins I talk to once in a while but usually only about superficial topics like the weather etc etc etc. I have a brother and he may as well be an alien for as much as I understand him. We get along good, don't really talk a lot but that is because we have absolutely NOTHING in common except for DNA. alien

My cousins were raised differently as well; as I've said repeatedly, to be hypocritic, religious nut jobs. Seriously, they'll gossip and insult others, then hide behind the title "Christian." Nothing gets me more angry!

I do have one cousin from that family I like, though! We grew up together and he's one year older than me, so we're very close.

Apparently, they don't know what Christians do...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Louisa
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Christmas holidays to-do-list   Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:57 pm

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
No, I do not like family reunions. I'm a pleasant person when I can have my space. I like about everyone (or I can stand just about everyone), but when my "bubble" is violated, I can't take it. I freak out and get angry-- I hardly ever get angry. It seems that my family are the only people who get me angry most of the time.

How well I know the feeling. I hate family reunions. I'm okay with my cousins (they rock!) but those aunts and uncles are really snobby, especially my mom's side. I don't have any first cousins from my dad's side because he's an only child. My parents used to think I'm weird because I usually want to be alone and at home. I guess I'm not really outgoing. Sometimes, I think my family are idiots.

The truth is that I absolutely love being by myself. I can always find ways to entertain myself, whether is be through reading, going online (and coming here), or playing on my DS. In fact, at school, I usually eat lunch myself, since I eat quickly and I run a lot of errands then. I always have people coming up to me saying "Oh, sweetie (yes, sweetie. Ugh). Are you okay? Do you want to eat with us?". Although I respond with the usual "Oh, I've got to eat quickly so as to run errands", I really want to answer "Don't show that phony pity on me. Chances are that I have more friends than you. Stop thinking that being alone is not conventional. You're stupid if you think that being alone is wrong." Rude? Yes. I understand they have good intentions, but...UGH! It's okay to be alone. In fact, I thnk everybody needs alone time.

But Louisa Lynn--that doesn't make either of us "not-outgoing". In fact, it just means that we like to have alone-time to just catch up with ourselves, if you know what I mean.

Yeah, you're right. We know when or when not to be alone, right? We have friends, so that doesn't make us loners. I just get irritated when people hog my "alone-time."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru

Dictionary Definition : Rodent - Homo Rodentiensis is a typical LC creature. Always ready to laugh about stupidity, this being has long occupied a special moderator status on the LC. As one of the very few LC creatures who actually can get and keep a partner, she is the object of constant envy. Though madness is not part of the average Rodents characteristics, this particular feature can at times be subject to change, especially when striken by severe sleep deprivation.
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Christmas holidays to-do-list   Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:14 pm

Tourterelle wrote:
BeautyBlitz wrote:
I have little to do with most of my cousins. They were raised VERY differently for the most part and I just can't tolerate some of the decisions they make (like mooching off of mom and dad at the age of 27) The others that I have nothing to do with are mean people who look down on other people for no apparent reason other then that "they are better"
I do have a couple cousins I talk to once in a while but usually only about superficial topics like the weather etc etc etc. I have a brother and he may as well be an alien for as much as I understand him. We get along good, don't really talk a lot but that is because we have absolutely NOTHING in common except for DNA. alien

My cousins were raised differently as well; as I've said repeatedly, to be hypocritic, religious nut jobs. Seriously, they'll gossip and insult others, then hide behind the title "Christian." Nothing gets me more angry!

I do have one cousin from that family I like, though! We grew up together and he's one year older than me, so we're very close.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru

Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.

PostSubject: Re: Christmas holidays to-do-list   Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:02 pm

BeautyBlitz wrote:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru

Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Christmas holidays to-do-list   Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:51 pm

I have little to do with most of my cousins. They were raised VERY differently for the most part and I just can't tolerate some of the decisions they make (like mooching off of mom and dad at the age of 27) The others that I have nothing to do with are mean people who look down on other people for no apparant reason other then that "they are better"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Christmas holidays to-do-list   Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:46 pm

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
In general, I just hate how people assume that just because I share some DNA with somebody, I'm close with that person (or people). It's freaking DNA. That's it. If I haven't grown up around them, don't expect me to treat them any differently than strangers. I just happen to share some DNA. That's all.

Oh, I know exactly what you mean. My cousins are religious nuts and hypocrites to boot, and I hate getting lumped together with them. Not my fault we share DNA.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Christmas holidays to-do-list   Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:43 pm

Solveig wrote:
THREE housekeepers??? Shocked

Say, dear, would YOU like to pay for our flights....? Wink

lol! lol!

This post is late, but that comment made me laugh. xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Christmas holidays to-do-list   Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:11 am

Goldfish wrote:
And I agree about the superficial conversations, Zara. I hate talking to my family members, because we just don't...talk. I never know what to say and our conversations literally are:

Me (in a bored voice): Hi.
Relative: Hi. How are you?
Me (note, I hate salutations. Hate them.): Fine. (And only because I have to.) How are you?
Relative: Fine. Where's your mom?
Me: She's not here.
Relative: ...Okay. Bye.
Me: Bye. (hangs up quickly)

Anything more than that and I start to freak out.

My aunt was like (just yesterday, in fact): How's everything going with you?

My response: ... ... What? Everything's fine. (Then I start laughing and she starts laughing.) What's the matter with you?

My aunt: That was weird, wasn't it?

Me: Ya think?!

My aunt: (Starts laughing again.) Yeah. I wanted to hear what you'd say.

It's that weird of our conversations to go beyond the first example. But, I'm completely detached from my family; they're completely detached from us. It all works out well. flower1

I swear, that is exactly what goes on in my family. Since my parents immigrated to the US with me when I was a little baby, I've always been geographically and culturally detached from the rest of my family. When I went back to India in 2003, I was extremely different, even though I was only 12 at the time. I'd be the normal girl, busy with Legoes, videogames, and freaking out about middle school. Then, I'd go and see my aunts, uncles, and cousins. They'd be all "Indian" on me. There isn't anything wrong with that, but it wasn't me. Now, my first cousin, just a year younger than me, behaves like the stereotypical American girl that the rest of the world envisions. My mother entreated me to email her, just to keep contact. I wasn't too keen, but I did so just to please her. I email her, and I find out that she dresses in halter tops and short skirts all the time. She always writes in text talk and pretend to be American. Then she find out that I'm "normal" and she's all surprised. She's just different (and weird).

In general, I just hate how people assume that just because I share some DNA with somebody, I'm close with that person (or people). It's freaking DNA. That's it. If I haven't grown up around them, don't expect me to treat them any differently than strangers. I just happen to share some DNA. That's all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Christmas holidays to-do-list   Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:02 am

Louisa Lynn wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
No, I do not like family reunions. I'm a pleasant person when I can have my space. I like about everyone (or I can stand just about everyone), but when my "bubble" is violated, I can't take it. I freak out and get angry-- I hardly ever get angry. It seems that my family are the only people who get me angry most of the time.

How well I know the feeling. I hate family reunions. I'm okay with my cousins (they rock!) but those aunts and uncles are really snobby, especially my mom's side. I don't have any first cousins from my dad's side because he's an only child. My parents used to think I'm weird because I usually want to be alone and at home. I guess I'm not really outgoing. Sometimes, I think my family are idiots.

The truth is that I absolutely love being by myself. I can always find ways to entertain myself, whether is be through reading, going online (and coming here), or playing on my DS. In fact, at school, I usually eat lunch myself, since I eat quickly and I run a lot of errands then. I always have people coming up to me saying "Oh, sweetie (yes, sweetie. Ugh). Are you okay? Do you want to eat with us?". Although I respond with the usual "Oh, I've got to eat quickly so as to run errands", I really want to answer "Don't show that phony pity on me. Chances are that I have more friends than you. Stop thinking that being alone is not conventional. You're stupid if you think that being alone is wrong." Rude? Yes. I understand they have good intentions, but...UGH! It's okay to be alone. In fact, I thnk everybody needs alone time.

But Louisa Lynn--that doesn't make either of us "not-outgoing". In fact, it just means that we like to have alone-time to just catch up with ourselves, if you know what I mean.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Louisa
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Christmas holidays to-do-list   Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:25 am

Whee, I'm a member! Woohoo! head
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Louisa
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Christmas holidays to-do-list   Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:17 am

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Kelsey wrote:

I know what you mean. I like to have personal space. It always seems so awkward when people I barely know ask me about anything in general, especially my family. I've never been close to anyone outside my parents and brother, so I limit my conversation with them, unless it is superficial "Hey! What's up!" conversations that I'm forced to conduct. I've never really understood the point of family reunions. Good thing that I've only had like 4 in my lifetime...

4?!?!?! Lucky you. We have reunions in my mom's side EVERY MONTH. And did I mention they're snobby?! God.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Louisa
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Christmas holidays to-do-list   Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:16 am

Kelsey wrote:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Goldfish

Number of posts : 226

PostSubject: Re: Christmas holidays to-do-list   Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:08 am

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Kelsey wrote:
It seems that my family are the only people who get me angry most of the time.

I know what you mean. I like to have personal space. It always seems so awkward when people I barely know ask me about anything in general, especially my family. I've never been close to anyone outside my parents and brother, so I limit my conversation with them, unless it is superficial "Hey! What's up!" conversations that I'm forced to conduct. I've never really understood the point of family reunions. Good thing that I've only had like 4 in my lifetime...

Oh, my list just consists mainly of finishing my homework. My homeschooling is almost over, so I have to hurry and get it over with already. If I worked hard enough, I could possibly graduate a few months earlier than I'm supposed to. However, that's impossible seeing as I'm so good at procrastinating.

Ha! I'm never had a family reunion before. I'm so lucky!! bouncy bouncy clapping No. Seriously. I've had family come to live with us--my grandparents and aunt--and it was the longest two months of my life. At the end of it, my mom agreed (with us) that she'd never do that again. The only people I consider family, really, are my siblings and my mom. Everyone else is "my mom's relatives". I call them "your relatives," most of the times. And I agree about the superficial conversations, Zara. I hate talking to my family members, because we just don't...talk. I never know what to say and our conversations literally are:

Me (in a bored voice): Hi.
Relative: Hi. How are you?
Me (note, I hate salutations. Hate them.): Fine. (And only because I have to.) How are you?
Relative: Fine. Where's your mom?
Me: She's not here.
Relative: ...Okay. Bye.
Me: Bye. (hangs up quickly)

Anything more than that and I start to freak out.

My aunt was like (just yesterday, in fact): How's everything going with you?

My response: ... ... What? Everything's fine. (Then I start laughing and she starts laughing.) What's the matter with you?

My aunt: That was weird, wasn't it?

Me: Ya think?!

My aunt: (Starts laughing again.) Yeah. I wanted to hear what you'd say.

It's that weird of our conversations to go beyond the first example. But, I'm completely detached from my family; they're completely detached from us. It all works out well. flower1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Christmas holidays to-do-list   Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:25 am

Kelsey wrote:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kelsey
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 2780
Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.

PostSubject: Re: Christmas holidays to-do-list   Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:21 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Christmas holidays to-do-list   Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:16 am

Kelsey wrote:
My mom takes care of like, all my Christmas stuff. All I have to do is pretend to be pleasant when extended family is around. I'm a freshman, so no college apps. I might just hang around the house reading, pop out when family so demands, and try to enjoy myself.

I save like crazy, and then I'll blow it on something... usually a gift or music on iTunes. I want to start investing in the Stock, but with current conditions and me knowing so little, I think I'll wait about three years.

"Pretend to be pleasant" lol! You don't like family reunions? I've never actually been to a family reunion, since that would require getting people from all over India and all over the world together. Crazy and expensive...

I still had like $1500, but my parents had to put it towards my AP and SAT tests, so that it doesn't get collected by the colleges. My parents said that they'd return it to me with interest later, so I'm completely okay with them taking over my bank account...

Be lucky you don't have college apps. Enjoy your free time. And, from a fellow procrastinator, this is one thing you really DON'T want to procrastinate on. I learned it the hard way...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christmas holidays to-do-list   

Back to top Go down

Christmas holidays to-do-list
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next