Literary Cabinet


 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Books with too much hype?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jane
Master
Master
avatar

Number of posts : 1077
Age : 23
Location : South Carolina, USA
Dictionary Definition : Jane: Also known as "Ally," "Allison," and "freshmeat," this female Homo Sapiens specimen has proven herself a strong member of the Literary Cabinet world. One can recognize "Jane" by her taste in, especially older, men, many of them classic fictional characters, as well as her distinct fear of drama class auditions. Like many of the other species in the Literary Cabinet Universe, she is crazy in her own right.
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Books with too much hype?   Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:07 pm

What are some books that you think are over-hyped? Besides the oh-so-obvious Twilight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Magda
Member
Member
avatar

Number of posts : 262
Age : 22
Location : California
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Books with too much hype?   Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:16 pm

Eragon by Christopher Paolini. The books have some good parts (*cough*Murtagh*cough*) but mostly they're just borrowed material from many other, better books. As I've said before, I think Paolini's biggest mistake was to rush into publishing instead of waiting to learn more first.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jane
Master
Master
avatar

Number of posts : 1077
Age : 23
Location : South Carolina, USA
Dictionary Definition : Jane: Also known as "Ally," "Allison," and "freshmeat," this female Homo Sapiens specimen has proven herself a strong member of the Literary Cabinet world. One can recognize "Jane" by her taste in, especially older, men, many of them classic fictional characters, as well as her distinct fear of drama class auditions. Like many of the other species in the Literary Cabinet Universe, she is crazy in her own right.
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Books with too much hype?   Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:09 pm

Magda wrote:
Eragon by Christopher Paolini. The books have some good parts (*cough*Murtagh*cough*) but mostly they're just borrowed material from many other, better books. As I've said before, I think Paolini's biggest mistake was to rush into publishing instead of waiting to learn more first.

I agree. I think Paolini had a lot of potential, but he published too soon. Part of the problem is that he wanted to publish a book for himself. I don't believe he cared so much what the readers would think as long as he could say, "I published a book at sixteen."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru
avatar

Number of posts : 1882
Age : 34
Location : Canada
Dictionary Definition : Rodent - Homo Rodentiensis is a typical LC creature. Always ready to laugh about stupidity, this being has long occupied a special moderator status on the LC. As one of the very few LC creatures who actually can get and keep a partner, she is the object of constant envy. Though madness is not part of the average Rodents characteristics, this particular feature can at times be subject to change, especially when striken by severe sleep deprivation.
Awards :
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Books with too much hype?   Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:18 pm

Embarassed I love Eragon Embarassed

It is one of my guilty pleasures. I know the writing isn't the best and the material is not very original but I enjoyed it all the same.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jane
Master
Master
avatar

Number of posts : 1077
Age : 23
Location : South Carolina, USA
Dictionary Definition : Jane: Also known as "Ally," "Allison," and "freshmeat," this female Homo Sapiens specimen has proven herself a strong member of the Literary Cabinet world. One can recognize "Jane" by her taste in, especially older, men, many of them classic fictional characters, as well as her distinct fear of drama class auditions. Like many of the other species in the Literary Cabinet Universe, she is crazy in her own right.
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Books with too much hype?   Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:22 pm

BeautyBlitz wrote:
Embarassed I love Eragon Embarassed

It is one of my guilty pleasures. I know the writing isn't the best and the material is not very original but I enjoyed it all the same.

Really?! Maybe I just like Lord of the Rings and Star Wars too much to give it a fair chance. It still makes me mad that he ripped their plots off so badly and got away with it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
avatar

Number of posts : 4826
Age : 26
Location : The computer of the Biology Research Lab......procrastinating.
Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Books with too much hype?   Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:05 pm

Actually, I think that Harry Potter was quite overhyped. I think it deserved some of the hype, but not all of it. It was the obsession of many people years ago and even today.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Goldfish
Member
Member
avatar

Number of posts : 226
Location : From Mars. Only here to observe the human species.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Books with too much hype?   Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:30 pm

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Actually, I think that Harry Potter was quite overhyped. I think it deserved some of the hype, but not all of it. It was the obsession of many people years ago and even today.

Zara! affraid You think Harry Potter, The Boy Who Lived, was overhyped?!?! lol! I agree. I love the series, but I did think it was overhyped. But the hype has toned down considerably now, I think.

Besides the books already listed, I have nothing else. Oh, wait. Just got one! The Da Vinci Code. I read that book, but didn't get why it'd been so talked about before reading it. I was like "Yeah...it's interesting...what were they talking about, though...?" I thought that book was overhyped.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Talkatoast
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
avatar

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Books with too much hype?   Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:37 pm

Paolini does have potential. He was just published too young.

Let's see: Twilight, Harry Potter (like it, but come on now!), and the Inheritance series thingy. I don't like it when books have too much hype in the first place. It ruins their value.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://chronicle.augusta.com/xtreme/
Laura
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 2387
Age : 31
Location : Germany
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Books with too much hype?   Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:59 pm

I may be too sensitive, but I felt that "Memoirs of a Geisha" got way too much attention. It is a decent novel, but come on... If you want to know the real stuff, read the autobiography of the woman Golden based his story on, Mineko Iwasaki.

_________________
If history is doomed to repeat itself, bring on the beheadings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://literarycabinet.roomforum.com
Cereal P!NK
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie
avatar

Number of posts : 41
Age : 25
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Books with too much hype?   Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:04 pm

Sola Zara wrote:
Actually, I think that Harry Potter was quite overhyped. I think it deserved some of the hype, but not all of it. It was the obsession of many people years ago and even today.


*dead*


NO! lol!

I'm... I... I admit, I am somewhat obsessed with Harry Potter! I've read each book in the series more than 25 times.... haha!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
March Hare
Member
Member
avatar

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Books with too much hype?   Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:42 am

I agree that Harry Potter doesn't really deserve the amount of attention it's getting. I also thought that Meg Cabot as an author shouldn't be so famous. You already mentioned Twilight.
I saw the movie Eragon, so I didn't bother to touch the books. The acting was terrible, and I didn't see anything unique in the storyline.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Goldfish
Member
Member
avatar

Number of posts : 226
Location : From Mars. Only here to observe the human species.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Books with too much hype?   Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:18 am

Nolofinwe wrote:
I agree that Harry Potter doesn't really deserve the amount of attention it's getting. I also thought that Meg Cabot as an author shouldn't be so famous. You already mentioned Twilight.
I saw the movie Eragon, so I didn't bother to touch the books. The acting was terrible, and I didn't see anything unique in the storyline.

I also feel the same way about Meg Cabot. I don't get why she's so famous. I liked the movie "Princess Diaries" but I don't think I"d ever touch the books. I'm not much a fan of the kind of books she writes, and only because I like my books to have a deeper meaning. My sister has read her books, so I've discussed this with her. My sister enjoys light, fluffy books.

I don't.

Hey, there's an audience for her, though. I always hate it when more talented authors don't get the recognition that other authors--the ones without much talent--get. It saddens me. It reminds me life isn't always fair.

Grr.

I love your avatar, by the way. It's a very nice picture.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Louisa
Guru
Guru
avatar

Number of posts : 6193
Age : 85
Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Books with too much hype?   Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:20 am

Goldfish wrote:
Nolofinwe wrote:
I agree that Harry Potter doesn't really deserve the amount of attention it's getting. I also thought that Meg Cabot as an author shouldn't be so famous. You already mentioned Twilight.
I saw the movie Eragon, so I didn't bother to touch the books. The acting was terrible, and I didn't see anything unique in the storyline.

I also feel the same way about Meg Cabot. I don't get why she's so famous. I liked the movie "Princess Diaries" but I don't think I"d ever touch the books. I'm not much a fan of the kind of books she writes, and only because I like my books to have a deeper meaning. My sister has read her books, so I've discussed this with her. My sister enjoys light, fluffy books.

I don't.

Hey, there's an audience for her, though. I always hate it when more talented authors don't get the recognition that other authors--the ones without much talent--get. It saddens me. It reminds me life isn't always fair.

Grr.

I love your avatar, by the way. It's a very nice picture.

GOLDFISH! Where have you been? It's been ages!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
avatar

Number of posts : 4826
Age : 26
Location : The computer of the Biology Research Lab......procrastinating.
Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Books with too much hype?   Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:21 am

Okay. I will confess, I'm a Meg Cabot fan. But I do agree with both of you in saying that she is overhyped. The books are light fluff and nothing more. Of course, I find them entertaining, but that is it.

By the way, Goldfish, isn't this the first time you are posting in a long time? Nice to see you again!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Louisa
Guru
Guru
avatar

Number of posts : 6193
Age : 85
Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Books with too much hype?   Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:24 am

La Látiga Loca wrote:
Okay. I will confess, I'm a Meg Cabot fan. But I do agree with both of you in saying that she is overhyped. The books are light fluff and nothing more. Of course, I find them entertaining, but that is it.

By the way, Goldfish, isn't this the first time you are posting in a long time? Nice to see you again!

Uh-huh. I actually enjoy chick-lit. I have a collection of them! My favorite chick-lit author is Sophie Kinsella.

I haven't read Meg Cabot's books, though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Goldfish
Member
Member
avatar

Number of posts : 226
Location : From Mars. Only here to observe the human species.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Books with too much hype?   Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:39 am

Louisa Lynn wrote:
Goldfish wrote:
Nolofinwe wrote:
I agree that Harry Potter doesn't really deserve the amount of attention it's getting. I also thought that Meg Cabot as an author shouldn't be so famous. You already mentioned Twilight.
I saw the movie Eragon, so I didn't bother to touch the books. The acting was terrible, and I didn't see anything unique in the storyline.

I also feel the same way about Meg Cabot. I don't get why she's so famous. I liked the movie "Princess Diaries" but I don't think I"d ever touch the books. I'm not much a fan of the kind of books she writes, and only because I like my books to have a deeper meaning. My sister has read her books, so I've discussed this with her. My sister enjoys light, fluffy books.

I don't.

Hey, there's an audience for her, though. I always hate it when more talented authors don't get the recognition that other authors--the ones without much talent--get. It saddens me. It reminds me life isn't always fair.

Grr.

I love your avatar, by the way. It's a very nice picture.

GOLDFISH! Where have you been? It's been ages!

I've been watching from the shadows, waiting for a moment to pounce back in. lol! Yes, this is my first time posting in a long time.

I've missed all of you. Hopefully I'll be able to post a little more. I'm still in!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru
avatar

Number of posts : 1882
Age : 34
Location : Canada
Dictionary Definition : Rodent - Homo Rodentiensis is a typical LC creature. Always ready to laugh about stupidity, this being has long occupied a special moderator status on the LC. As one of the very few LC creatures who actually can get and keep a partner, she is the object of constant envy. Though madness is not part of the average Rodents characteristics, this particular feature can at times be subject to change, especially when striken by severe sleep deprivation.
Awards :
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Books with too much hype?   Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:51 am

GOLDFISH!

WE MISSED YOU!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laura
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 2387
Age : 31
Location : Germany
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Books with too much hype?   Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:56 am

BeautyBlitz wrote:
GOLDFISH!

WE MISSED YOU!

Yes, we did!! Wow, all people are coming back to us!! Yippie! bouncy

_________________
If history is doomed to repeat itself, bring on the beheadings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://literarycabinet.roomforum.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Books with too much hype?   Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:57 am

La Látiga Loca wrote:
Okay. I will confess, I'm a Meg Cabot fan. But I do agree with both of you in saying that she is overhyped. The books are light fluff and nothing more. Of course, I find them entertaining, but that is it.

By the way, Goldfish, isn't this the first time you are posting in a long time? Nice to see you again!


Yeah, it IS nice to see you, Goldfish, hope to see you on more often!!!

Really? I feel Meg Cabot is a semi-fun author. Her books are fluffy and excellent when you want to just let loose and read something light and 'unprofessional'. But her characters WHINE so much, it's almost unbearable sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
avatar

Number of posts : 2780
Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Books with too much hype?   Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:50 pm

I've read one Meg Cabot book. Jinx. It was cute... almost too cute. It's like candy. I prefer something with more substance.

On a similar note, I think that Sarah Dessen get's a bit more attention that is necessary. She's not a fantastic writer and her plots aren't that original; some books don't seem to really have one, either. I do give some of her books props though-- there are more good ones than bad ones. I liked Dreamland for its honesty.

Eragon is worth reading, but not worth getting excited over if you've read Narnia or Harry Potter (and I'm sure Lord of the Rings, but I've not read those, so I can't talk). Harry Potter is over-hyped in some ways, but it is very good. Twilight is insanely inflated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Goldfish
Member
Member
avatar

Number of posts : 226
Location : From Mars. Only here to observe the human species.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Books with too much hype?   Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:34 am

I'm hoping I can be here more often. This site is addictive, so I had to just cut off my contact completely. Only temporarily, though.

Quote :
On a similar note, I think that Sarah Dessen get's a bit more attention that is necessary. She's not a fantastic writer and her plots aren't that original; some books don't seem to really have one, either. I do give some of her books props though-- there are more good ones than bad ones. I liked Dreamland for its honesty.

Eragon is worth reading, but not worth getting excited over if you've read Narnia or Harry Potter (and I'm sure Lord of the Rings, but I've not read those, so I can't talk). Harry Potter is over-hyped in some ways, but it is very good. Twilight is insanely inflated.

Oh, I forgot about Sarah Dessen's books. I got one--Silence, or something like that. Speak up. Something. I didn't get very far in it; it just didn't interest me, plus I'd seen a move with the same plot (whether the movie turned into a book or vice versa, I don't know) and it's the reason I wanted to read it. And then I read another book--this one I remember--Lock and Key. Had a nice cover (yeah, I'm shallow) and a nice plot. It was one of the most boring books I've ever come across. I couldn't feel for the main character. I got further in the book than I did with the other, but I quit before the halfway point. Afterwards, I checked out the reviews and found out I wasn't the only one who'd felt this way.

I don't think I'll be trying her books again, though. I'm not a fan of Chick-lit, though I've read a few here and there, most times because I didn't know it was Chick-lit. lol! I've just never been the type of person who likes 'light reading'. Light reading doesn't satisfy me. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kelsey
Guru
Guru
avatar

Number of posts : 2780
Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Books with too much hype?   Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:18 am

Goldfish wrote:
I'm hoping I can be here more often. This site is addictive, so I had to just cut off my contact completely. Only temporarily, though.

Quote :
On a similar note, I think that Sarah Dessen get's a bit more attention that is necessary. She's not a fantastic writer and her plots aren't that original; some books don't seem to really have one, either. I do give some of her books props though-- there are more good ones than bad ones. I liked Dreamland for its honesty.

Eragon is worth reading, but not worth getting excited over if you've read Narnia or Harry Potter (and I'm sure Lord of the Rings, but I've not read those, so I can't talk). Harry Potter is over-hyped in some ways, but it is very good. Twilight is insanely inflated.

Oh, I forgot about Sarah Dessen's books. I got one--Silence, or something like that. Speak up. Something. I didn't get very far in it; it just didn't interest me, plus I'd seen a move with the same plot (whether the movie turned into a book or vice versa, I don't know) and it's the reason I wanted to read it. And then I read another book--this one I remember--Lock and Key. Had a nice cover (yeah, I'm shallow) and a nice plot. It was one of the most boring books I've ever come across. I couldn't feel for the main character. I got further in the book than I did with the other, but I quit before the halfway point. Afterwards, I checked out the reviews and found out I wasn't the only one who'd felt this way.

I don't think I'll be trying her books again, though. I'm not a fan of Chick-lit, though I've read a few here and there, most times because I didn't know it was Chick-lit. lol! I've just never been the type of person who likes 'light reading'. Light reading doesn't satisfy me. lol!

Exactly. I like things that make me feel deep down, rather than just make my nose warm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru
avatar

Number of posts : 4826
Age : 26
Location : The computer of the Biology Research Lab......procrastinating.
Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Books with too much hype?   Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:14 am

Well, I like light reading sometimes, when I need to remove myself from all of my work. I do light reading when I really don't feel like thinking. Of course, this isn't too often. I'm more partial to works that have something that goes a bit deeper.

Most of the authors that I think are overrated are light-reading authors. I'm not sure why, but it's something I've noticed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru
avatar

Number of posts : 1882
Age : 34
Location : Canada
Dictionary Definition : Rodent - Homo Rodentiensis is a typical LC creature. Always ready to laugh about stupidity, this being has long occupied a special moderator status on the LC. As one of the very few LC creatures who actually can get and keep a partner, she is the object of constant envy. Though madness is not part of the average Rodents characteristics, this particular feature can at times be subject to change, especially when striken by severe sleep deprivation.
Awards :
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Books with too much hype?   Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:43 am

My idea of light reading is reading a book I've read a hundred times already. If I've read it a lot I don't really have to think.

As for books that are deemed "light reading," I find I have little use for them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Magda
Member
Member
avatar

Number of posts : 262
Age : 22
Location : California
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Books with too much hype?   Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:57 pm

I think that Sara Dessen and Meg Cabot are both very good at what they do...writing chicklit. One thing I've always loved in Sara Dessen's books is the minor characters...I like how she tries giving even the small ones a distinct personality. Her endings always give me the warm fuzzies, too. Dreamland's her best book, in my opinion. As for Meg Cabot, she has a fun writing style and she makes me giggle. The books are like hot chocolate with marshmallows...maybe not the most wholesome thing, but where would I be without them?

But yes, they are overrated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Books with too much hype?   

Back to top Go down
 
Books with too much hype?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Janette Oke's books
» Halogen Cook Books
» Cmielow pottery books
» How Best to Support Authors When Buying Books
» Best Place to get Kokufu books?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Literary Cabinet :: Reading :: Novels-
Jump to: