Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Just got blocked...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 4826
Location : The computer of the Biology Research Lab......procrastinating.
Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Just got blocked...   Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:37 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru

Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways

PostSubject: Re: Just got blocked...   Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:23 am

Okey-dokey. We'll work this out later and let's see what the others have to say. Obviously there will be other people trying this too, so we need to keep some kind of special identity so we can identify "our" characters and try to discredit the others...

Surely, we need to message the other "treehousers" about this stunt, so that they are in on it, and so that they can connect, join, have fun, etc.

The person playing Bella, aside from the horrid grammar, is doing a pretty good job.

Why am I not surprised that I'm STILL doing my world geography. WOW.

I NEED to go to bed. I really better start working--it's almost 1:30 am here!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kelsey
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 2780
Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Just got blocked...   Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:12 am

Okay, so I need to connect to Magda as Edward.

When we get all the characters assigned, all of them will connect with each other and me. This will all be worked out within the forum, so nobody we don't know should be able to goof off (not that other people can't join-- they just need to join the forum first).
I really have to go to bed. It's after 2 a.m. and I have to get up for church before 9 a.m. Sleep Night, all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
denizenofevil

Number of posts : 426

PostSubject: Re: Just got blocked...   Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:11 am

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Huh...somebody got the gist of our idea. Actually, I wasn't sure if it was Magda because of the awful use of grammar and punctuation in the profile. I know that Magda can write in complete sentences (or at least I hope she can), so the run-ons were a big hint. Why don't we have "Edward Cullen" email Bella and see what response we get...

And yes. In terms of connections, we need all of our real profiles connected. Then we need one of our profiles to be connected to one of the Cullen's profiles (preferable Magda's, since the Y!A B&A people know her to be neutral), then have all the Cullen's profiles connected. Then we start a thread here with the user names and passwords listed.

Yeah, I noticed that too and I also noticed that Bella posted a question asking for Edward to email her... I guess that person isn't one of us. Kinda cool. I wonder which side of the Twilight spectrum they're on. Potential Treehouse member here or would the incoherent sentences disqualify her for that. I already added all of you guys and Bella and Edward. Are we really starting the whole role playing thing now instead of April? I'm fine either way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Just got blocked...   Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:07 am

Huh...somebody got the gist of our idea. Actually, I wasn't sure if it was Magda because of the awful use of grammar and punctuation in the profile. I know that Magda can write in complete sentences (or at least I hope she can), so the run-ons were a big hint. Why don't we have "Edward Cullen" email Bella and see what response we get...

And yes. In terms of connections, we need all of our real profiles connected. Then we need one of our profiles to be connected to one of the Cullen's profiles (preferable Magda's, since the Y!A B&A people know her to be neutral), then have all the Cullen's profiles connected. Then we start a thread here with the user names and passwords listed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kelsey
Guru
Guru

Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.

PostSubject: Re: Just got blocked...   Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:04 am

Okay, it's not Magda. I didn't think Magda would type like that. Anyway, we need to work out a screening system for who to add. I say that all of our real accounts need to stay somewhat separate from this mess. I think that our character accounts should all be connected and carefully tracked to make sure nothing goofy goes on like having three Bellas and one Edward or something. We need to keep it inside the forum, keep it neat, and keep it simple.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
denizenofevil

PostSubject: Re: Just got blocked...   Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:01 am

Magda wrote:
No, actually, that's not me. No idea who that is, but he is awesome. rofl

Whoa.. that's not you? Then who is it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Magda

Number of posts : 262

PostSubject: Re: Just got blocked...   Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:59 am

No, actually, that's not me. No idea who that is, but he is awesome. rofl
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Just got blocked...   Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:58 am

Kelsey wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
I can't believe it. In my old 12-hour-hissy fit, I talked about how this was stupid. Then now, I'm relishing the idea. I'm such a hypocrite. But... roflmao it's a guilty pleasure. So why not. I mean, technically, we aren't insulting anyone. Just having fun, "role-playing", if you will...

Well, it is good character study. We could teach other writers a thing or two.

Exactly. By playing the characters, we understand them more. So, we are justified. End of story. By the way, did you get my email, Kelsey, in the Edward Cullen account?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kelsey
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Just got blocked...   Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:49 am

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
I can't believe it. In my old 12-hour-hissy fit, I talked about how this was stupid. Then now, I'm relishing the idea. I'm such a hypocrite. But... roflmao it's a guilty pleasure. So why not. I mean, technically, we aren't insulting anyone. Just having fun, "role-playing", if you will...

Well, it is good character study. We could teach other writers a thing or two.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Just got blocked...   Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:44 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
denizenofevil

PostSubject: Re: Just got blocked...   Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:41 am

..well, if you can't beat them, join them i guess. lol! Though I think we should at least pull back a few punches until April.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Just got blocked...   Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:36 am

Kelsey wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:
lol... okay, which one of you is posing as Bella Swan? I just read http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AkjUnIvmtjle3wdTp.WaAQLsy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20081213221604AApEtbH&show=7#profile-info-P36OUnIYaa this question and I'm cracking up here.

I'm Edward-- dig it-- and I think it may be Magda who's Bella. That's who she wanted to be, right? (Side note: my M key is sticking terribly.)

I can't believe you guys-posing as Edward and Bella. lol! . I thought we were going to wait until April Fools. I'm actually going to do my work. But in a week, I'll be there, hopefully posing as either Jacob Black or Alice Cullen... lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
denizenofevil

PostSubject: Re: Just got blocked...   Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:33 am

Lol... this is hilarious. rofl I think your edward account is better than mine. Yours has profile information and a picture. I shall henceforth retire as Edward unless there's a really good question i'm dying to answer like the abusive relationship one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kelsey
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Just got blocked...   Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:31 am

denizenofevil wrote:
lol... okay, which one of you is posing as Bella Swan? I just read http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AkjUnIvmtjle3wdTp.WaAQLsy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20081213221604AApEtbH&show=7#profile-info-P36OUnIYaa this question and I'm cracking up here.

I'm Edward-- dig it-- and I think it may be Magda who's Bella. That's who she wanted to be, right? (Side note: my M key is sticking terribly.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
denizenofevil

PostSubject: Re: Just got blocked...   Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:28 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kelsey
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Just got blocked...   Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:22 am

Oops, well I kind of already have a Edward account. I've been having great (slightly immoral, immature) fun for the past few hours.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
denizenofevil

PostSubject: Re: Just got blocked...   Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:20 am

Magda wrote:
...it links to my profile. Shocked

Weird...It links to mine when I click it... let me check.

http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=Apv95hAUjqe0d8qPn9vI1BmIxQt.;_ylv=3?show=fyCUpjsXaa

Try that one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Magda

PostSubject: Re: Just got blocked...   Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:16 am

...it links to my profile. Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
denizenofevil

PostSubject: Re: Just got blocked...   Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:11 am

Magda wrote:
Oooh, can I be Bella? I want to do something out of character.

Denizen, could you please link me to your Edward account? I'd love to see it.

http://answers.yahoo.com/my/my;_ylt=AvFB79f_gH40MU9bZxaxqujpy6IX;_ylv=3

If anyone's interested in answering as Edward (though I highly suggest you wait till April) just let me know. I'll hand out the email and password.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Magda

PostSubject: Re: Just got blocked...   Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:08 am

Oooh, can I be Bella? I want to do something out of character.

Denizen, could you please link me to your Edward account? I'd love to see it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Just got blocked...   Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:50 am

denizenofevil wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:
That whole racist thing irked me. Enough with the race card people! I'm Asian and I have never used the race card. The person who wrote that must not have been very educated. That or they're 12.

Agreed. I'm Asian too and this pissed me off. Since when did dropping "f-bomb = racism"? I'm guessing that her ethnicity is that of a minority who always pulls the race card for everything. When I read that I was like WTF????

Now I have a question. Do you think I should create a separate account and email her back--obviously something nasty Twisted Evil or should I just let it go. Right now I want to do the former since this girl truly pissed me off. But I don't really want to start a full-fleged "war", if you know what I mean.

As tempting as that sounds, resist. We vowed that we wouldn't stoop to that level (making an account just to directly insult someone, that is). People on B&A are, for the most part, sympathetic to people who are tired of Twilight questions. Just remember that. I've noticed that some of the Twilight hype has died down so it's getting better. Just wait for a little longer. And just like Kelsey said, be very careful about what you say to the Twilighters. It has been my experience that when I ask them in a really sugary sweet way to use the search bar, they won't react but in the past, when I told them to "freaking use the search bar, you moron!" I got angry emails.

Well, I'll say I'm Asian, too and that girl was seriously whacko to say that you're racist. And I think you shouldn't create another account, Zara. It's tiring and a waste of time just to tell the kid off. She still must be young; she'll learn. And I noticed that the Twilight questions have lessened, too. One page was free of Twilight questions. I was like, "Am I dreaming? Or is this the effect of jet lag?"

What a Face No Twilight questions on a page? Yay cheers !

And I thought about what you, Denizen and Kelsey said. All three of you are right. I'll just leave this girl alone. It's just that I'm easily irritated/angered, if you know what I mean. But thanks for offering me that fake account, though, Kelsey. It's nice to know that I'm trusted by my friends here Very Happy

I'm glad you made that decision, Zara. I know how you feel. I too am easily irritated and while it's easy for me to tell you not to retaliate, I also need people to tell me not to act out or else I can be a mean nasty person towards the offender. That being said, is my Edward Cullen account offensive towards the twilight fans? I do it mainly as a joke, not to insult the twilight fans but i thought about how they practically worshipped Edward Cullen so I'm not sure what to do about that... A while ago, I thought it'd be funny to post the account and password so you guys could use him to answer questions.

I personally thought that the Edward Cullen thing was hilarious. All of the neutrals and haters and some of the Twilighters loved it. Some Twilighters found it...interesting, but not offensive. Then few disliked it. Then there is the group that actually believed that you were Edward Cullen--because they lack the ability to differentiate between reality and fiction. But I don't remember anybody outright stating that they were offended. Were you reported by them, perchance?

Nope, I wasn't reported. I did get an email from a Twilight fan asking to me to tell my sister to get a YA account so they could add them to their contacts. I just hope that was a joke...

Wow. Yeah...I really hope that was a joke. But, you never know. I swear, there are some kids around my school who are literally praying for the Edward Cullen to come and get them. But, I think that it would be funny to pose as the entire family... lol! I think I'd make an excellent Alice (I'd suck at playing a shallow Rosalie...)!

We must wait till April. Then we could do it as an April Fools joke so people wouldn't take things too seriously.

Excellent. I'll keep this idea in mind and we'll introduce it to the crowd in March... rofl . We could create multiple accounts and share the passwords, so we could answer as whoever we wanted to. On that one day alone, we'd answer every (or almost every) Twilight question as a Twilight characters. I call dibs on Alice! clapping
Back to top Go down
View user profile
denizenofevil

PostSubject: Re: Just got blocked...   Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:39 am

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:
That whole racist thing irked me. Enough with the race card people! I'm Asian and I have never used the race card. The person who wrote that must not have been very educated. That or they're 12.

Agreed. I'm Asian too and this pissed me off. Since when did dropping "f-bomb = racism"? I'm guessing that her ethnicity is that of a minority who always pulls the race card for everything. When I read that I was like WTF????

Now I have a question. Do you think I should create a separate account and email her back--obviously something nasty Twisted Evil or should I just let it go. Right now I want to do the former since this girl truly pissed me off. But I don't really want to start a full-fleged "war", if you know what I mean.

As tempting as that sounds, resist. We vowed that we wouldn't stoop to that level (making an account just to directly insult someone, that is). People on B&A are, for the most part, sympathetic to people who are tired of Twilight questions. Just remember that. I've noticed that some of the Twilight hype has died down so it's getting better. Just wait for a little longer. And just like Kelsey said, be very careful about what you say to the Twilighters. It has been my experience that when I ask them in a really sugary sweet way to use the search bar, they won't react but in the past, when I told them to "freaking use the search bar, you moron!" I got angry emails.

Well, I'll say I'm Asian, too and that girl was seriously whacko to say that you're racist. And I think you shouldn't create another account, Zara. It's tiring and a waste of time just to tell the kid off. She still must be young; she'll learn. And I noticed that the Twilight questions have lessened, too. One page was free of Twilight questions. I was like, "Am I dreaming? Or is this the effect of jet lag?"

And I thought about what you, Denizen and Kelsey said. All three of you are right. I'll just leave this girl alone. It's just that I'm easily irritated/angered, if you know what I mean. But thanks for offering me that fake account, though, Kelsey. It's nice to know that I'm trusted by my friends here Very Happy

I'm glad you made that decision, Zara. I know how you feel. I too am easily irritated and while it's easy for me to tell you not to retaliate, I also need people to tell me not to act out or else I can be a mean nasty person towards the offender. That being said, is my Edward Cullen account offensive towards the twilight fans? I do it mainly as a joke, not to insult the twilight fans but i thought about how they practically worshipped Edward Cullen so I'm not sure what to do about that... A while ago, I thought it'd be funny to post the account and password so you guys could use him to answer questions.

I personally thought that the Edward Cullen thing was hilarious. All of the neutrals and haters and some of the Twilighters loved it. Some Twilighters found it...interesting, but not offensive. Then few disliked it. Then there is the group that actually believed that you were Edward Cullen--because they lack the ability to differentiate between reality and fiction. But I don't remember anybody outright stating that they were offended. Were you reported by them, perchance?

Nope, I wasn't reported. I did get an email from a Twilight fan asking to me to tell my sister to get a YA account so they could add them to their contacts. I just hope that was a joke...

Wow. Yeah...I really hope that was a joke. But, you never know. I swear, there are some kids around my school who are literally praying for the Edward Cullen to come and get them. But, I think that it would be funny to pose as the entire family... lol! I think I'd make an excellent Alice (I'd suck at playing a shallow Rosalie...)!

We must wait till April. Then we could do it as an April Fools joke so people wouldn't take things too seriously.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Just got blocked...   Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:27 am

denizenofevil wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
denizenofevil

PostSubject: Re: Just got blocked...   Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:12 am

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
Louisa Lynn wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
denizenofevil wrote:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just got blocked...   

Back to top Go down

Just got blocked...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next