Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Kelsey's here!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kelsey
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 2780
Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Kelsey's here!   Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:16 am

I'm here now; let the fun begin!
This is going to be great!
(I'm digging all these smileys. tongue pig I like pigs. A lot. Or I used to.)

Anyway, I'm Kelsey, and I'm fourteen. Yup, I'm a minor and I'm telling you that straight out.
I like to read and write... a lot. I'm a freshman, and being a fan of literature is kind of rare in my age group where I live.
What else? Hmm... I speak a little Spanish and I play the flute. I have a little dog named Bobo, and he's really cute. If I was a tree, I would be a birch (don't ask why I know that). I look and act like an elf, I've been told. My favorite book is Gone with the Wind. I like to answer questions on Yahoo! Answers.
I don't know what else to say. I haven't been anywhere special or done anything remarkable yet. I plan to, though, and I guess that's what counts the most.

Last edited by Kelsey on Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:06 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Typos and more to say.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 1882
Dictionary Definition : Rodent - Homo Rodentiensis is a typical LC creature. Always ready to laugh about stupidity, this being has long occupied a special moderator status on the LC. As one of the very few LC creatures who actually can get and keep a partner, she is the object of constant envy. Though madness is not part of the average Rodents characteristics, this particular feature can at times be subject to change, especially when striken by severe sleep deprivation.
Awards :
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Kelsey's here!   Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:17 am

Glad to see you here Kelsey!
I know...don't you just adore all the smiley's?
My favorite is the elephant because I'm a bit of an elephant collector.
So happy you are here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 7942
Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.

PostSubject: Re: Kelsey's here!   Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:19 am

Why, it's Kelsey! Nice to see you here!

I do like the smileys very much; the Egyptian is my favorite. farao
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coffee Spoons
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie

Number of posts : 58

PostSubject: Re: Kelsey's here!   Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:39 am

Kelsey's here! That makes me very very happy. I think my favorite smileys are either... Twisted Evil cherry afro or lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GuardianSaiyoko
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Kelsey's here!   Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:44 am

Heyla! Great to see you here, Kelsey!

I am so amused by the lol! smiley. That and flower because I'm not-so-secretly a hippie. Now if we just get a dragon smiley in here, life'd rock all over.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://home.comcast.net/~dragedatter/
Kelsey
Guru
Guru

Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.

PostSubject: Re: Kelsey's here!   Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:55 am

geek
This geek one is pretty sweet too. Not to mention Mr. Reindeer rendeer or Bucky over here rabbit

Looking at Tourterelle's intro, I am glad to see that I am so well liked on Y!A! It makes me feel very special. I must also say that I agree that this forum should be sent only by private email or something. Imagine what would happen if some Rabid got on here. Well, I guess they could be deleted, couldn't they? But still, I don't like the idea of anyone we don't want knowing about the forum knowing. It's like a secret refuge away from... people I don't like (to put it kindly).

Edit: HA! That is exactly what I was thinking. Except, more of a treehouse rather than a fort. I like to think that the... less intelligent people can't find the little rope ladder to come up though we offer it to them for them to take. They're more than welcome to come up if they'd just take the ladder. We can only do so much. Yell, point at the ladder, reason, whatever you please, but you will reach few of those outside of the treehouse.
And oh my gosh, that was what I thought when I saw What a Face ! Cheshire Cat! (It could have something to do with all this Lewis Carroll talk under the Poetry page, though.)

Last edited by Kelsey on Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GuardianSaiyoko
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie

PostSubject: Re: Kelsey's here!   Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:58 am

Great, now I have this crazy mental image of all of us huddled in a fort, built out of good literature, which is slowly collapsing around us as we all attempt to read everything at once.

My mind is a frightening, technicoloured place.

(Ooh, this smiley's fun too- What a Face ! Makes me think of the Cheshire Cat).

message edited by BeautyBlitz
Back to top Go down
Coffee Spoons
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie

Number of posts : 58

PostSubject: Re: Kelsey's here!   Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:10 am

"Great, now I have this crazy mental image of all of us huddled in a fort, built out of good literature, which is slowly collapsing around us as we all attempt to read everything at once."

Haha, lovely image. I wholeheartedly agree that it should be invite only.

It's a bunny! albino

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru

Dictionary Definition : Tourterelle--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that exhibits behaviors such as excessive procrastination, chocolate creation (in direct contradiction to the Law of Conservation of Matter), and overall insanity. Common names include Nicholle, CQ (Chocolate Queen), Crackhead, and Miss Martini Maniac. Lately, this individual has reportedly been seen dancing in a banana costume and drinking an excessive amount of martinis.

PostSubject: Re: Kelsey's here!   Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:12 am

Yes, let's keep this Eden secret; the B&A was destroyed.
king This king looks a bit drunk, don't you think? His crown's lopsided.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Kelsey's here!   Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:13 am

GuardianSaiyoko, my mind is a nutty place too.

When I just referred to this forum as Eden.
Razz

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laura
Admin

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.

PostSubject: Re: Kelsey's here!   Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:22 am

True - it's meant to be invited people only.
Anyway, Kelsey - great to have you here Smile

Cheers
Solveig

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://literarycabinet.roomforum.com
Cereal P!NK
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie

Number of posts : 41

PostSubject: Re: Kelsey's here!   Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:00 pm

Woohoo all my favourite Yahoo contacts are here! Very Happy

Kelsey, Megan, Tourterelle, Solveig...

I'm just GLAD I joined this place!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laura
Admin

Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.

PostSubject: Re: Kelsey's here!   Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:55 pm

That is so sweet - I am glad this idea hit it off so well, and you have all come! I was just so pissed off yesterday, when getting the fifth violation notice before lunch, that I decided we needed some place to speak our minds.

Back to top Go down
Tourterelle
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Kelsey's here!   Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:59 pm

Solveig, I'm so happy you did get frustrated enough to start this!

bom
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Goldfish

Number of posts : 226

PostSubject: Re: Kelsey's here!   Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:18 pm

Hey, Kelsey! Nice to see you here!

Well, I don't have a dog, though I wish I could get one. Instead, I have a parakeet who's name is Pumpkin. If I was a tree, I'd be an oak tree. Or maybe a mahogany tree. You know what...I've never thought about what tree I'd be. I'll have to get back to you on that one.

Solveig: I've been hearing a lot about the hate mail and the violations everyone's been getting. I think that's really unfair; I wish Yahoo! Answers would put a little more effort in taking care of the trolls. Maybe then our beloved Books and Authors section wouldn't be falling apart as it is now. I'm glad you created this place, though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Epiphany
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie

Number of posts : 60

PostSubject: Re: Kelsey's here!   Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:19 am

You know what's odd? I think I'm one of the meaner ones on YA (I'm usually not a mean person, but B&A has been annoying me so badly lately that my patience has run out), but I have never had serious trolling issues or violation issues. I got two violations last week, but before that, I'd probably gone 5 months without getting one. It's puzzling to me that Kelsey could get so many violations, yet I have hardly any. Why would they report her over me? Am I... like... intimidating or something Question Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laura
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kelsey's here!   Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:20 am

Yeah, I've been wondering, too. Maybe it is because she is so nice that they believe she makes an easy target... Suckers, all of them.
Back to top Go down
Goldfish

Number of posts : 226

PostSubject: Re: Kelsey's here!   Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:28 am

meganj924@hotmail.com wrote:
You know what's odd? I think I'm one of the meaner ones on YA (I'm usually not a mean person, but B&A has been annoying me so badly lately that my patience has run out), but I have never had serious trolling issues or violation issues. I got two violations last week, but before that, I'd probably gone 5 months without getting one. It's puzzling to me that Kelsey could get so many violations, yet I have hardly any. Why would they report her over me? Am I... like... intimidating or something Question Shocked

I wouldn't it call it mean; I don't think the Antis are mean, unless they're wishing someone dead. But then I'm biased. I would just say you're one of the very sarcastic ones; I always do enjoy reading your answers. But I've thought about that too. I don't know how come Kelsey has been receiving these violations when she's one of the quieter Antis. I've never been trolled before. I'm not a blocker, either and I've never received any hate mail from Twilighters. I've only received one from somebody who couldn't handle my sarcasm. He apologized, though. I'm not always so vocal about my hatred, but I'm not quiet about it either. I tend to leave behind unhelpful sarcastic answers that I know will annoy them.

However, I agree with Solveig on this one. Maybe it's because she's nice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kelsey
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Kelsey's here!   Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:24 am

Maybe I should start carrying a sword or something...?

It puzzles me that I am targeted as well. Even my little brother (not my troll, I assure you) is shocked. He looks at my questions and answers sometimes and he's be the first person to call me mean, but he says that he's never seen anything reportable.
I don't know what I ever did to anyone on there. If someone's facts are wrong, I'll send them an email about it rather than embarrass them in "public." If I disagree with someone, I'll say it when I can say it with civil words because I get so angry that I could spit sometimes. I'm a generally a peaceful spirit; I pick my fights for good reasons and even then I take a "kinder" approach.
I realize the stance I've taken and the position it puts me in, but it's absurd that I can be hunted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 1882
Dictionary Definition : Rodent - Homo Rodentiensis is a typical LC creature. Always ready to laugh about stupidity, this being has long occupied a special moderator status on the LC. As one of the very few LC creatures who actually can get and keep a partner, she is the object of constant envy. Though madness is not part of the average Rodents characteristics, this particular feature can at times be subject to change, especially when striken by severe sleep deprivation.
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: Kelsey's here!   Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:16 pm

There's no rhyme or reason for who gets attacked and who doesn't. Some people on Y!A can be very erratic. I was blatantly rude to some of them and only ever got one hate mail. Strange eh? Other's, like yourself, were very nice and polite 99.9% of the time and were targeted even more than I was. It is weird, I know. Exclamation
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GuardianSaiyoko
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie

PostSubject: Re: Kelsey's here!   Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:38 pm

There really doesn't seem to be a reason for it. I've said some outrageously rude things, especially earlier this week when I was incredibly low on sleep, and all I've gotten is a handful of hate mail. No one's reported me yet. *crosses fingers*

My computer's spell check has suddenly decided it hates contractions and is aggressively underlining every other word. What is up with that? I broke my Works spell check before (it did not appreciate learning Medical Terminology along with me, mutinied and began doing things like changing adherence to treacherous), but I don't think I've done anything to the Firefox spell check lately.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kelsey's here!   

Back to top Go down

Kelsey's here!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1