Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Kelsey's Last Stand

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Medusa

Number of posts : 270
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Kelsey's Last Stand   Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:07 pm

I'll miss you here, Kesley. Sad
I'll probably see you on Y!A, but it was still nice while you were here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 1882
Dictionary Definition : Rodent - Homo Rodentiensis is a typical LC creature. Always ready to laugh about stupidity, this being has long occupied a special moderator status on the LC. As one of the very few LC creatures who actually can get and keep a partner, she is the object of constant envy. Though madness is not part of the average Rodents characteristics, this particular feature can at times be subject to change, especially when striken by severe sleep deprivation.
Awards :
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Kelsey's Last Stand   Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:22 am

The venting are is gone for good. Please see the new post in Rules and announcements for further information on the change in the forum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Louisa
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 6193
Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Kelsey's Last Stand   Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:13 am

I wish that there isn't a venting area at all, because we're just reminding ourselves of the thing-that-must-not-be-named. That's what we all wanted to escape from, right? A forum where we freely discuss books, hanging out with the people here, sharing our daily thoughts...

We'll sure miss you, Kelsey.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Epiphany
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie

Number of posts : 60

PostSubject: Re: Kelsey's Last Stand   Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:44 am

Magda wrote:
I still do really like this place, or at least, I think it has hope. (I think the same for the Books and Authors section, by the way.)

Yeah, that's what I'm feeling. I'm giving the benefit of the doubt here; I think it will all smooth over after awhile. If it does, we'll be sure to tell you, Kels.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Magda

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Kelsey's Last Stand   Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:33 am

My two cents:

I do agree with what you say about some things. It does bother me that some of us seem to think they're fighting a war against Twilighters, and the whole thing about the Treehouse being "a society that everyone knows about but few can join" sounds uncomfortably like Lisi Harrison novels.

I joined the site because a lot of people I like from Answers hang out here, and because the idea of a place for the bookworms of Y!A without certain commenters was appealing. I think this would be a good place if we don't try to make it an anti-Twilight society or a group of snobby intellectuals who won't accept the lowly mortals, just a place for all people who love to read to have fun. I still do really like this place, or at least, I think it has lots of hope. (I think the same for the Books and Authors section, by the way.)

Anyway, Kels, see you around Answers!

Last edited by Magda on Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Epiphany
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie

Number of posts : 60

PostSubject: Re: Kelsey's Last Stand   Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:17 am

Kelsey wrote:
I know you're thinking "Of all the forums in all the web in all the world, she walks into mine," and I did, but now I'm leaving. I have my reasons. At first when I got on here I was very excited that there would be a group of smart people who could discuss things, be they literature-related or just day-to-day, in a mature way. I discovered some content I disagreed with, I thought it was just the excitement of some freedom (I too, was very excited about this). However, not much has changed. It still remains a forum somewhat centered around a hate for a book series, much like B&A is somewhat centered around a love for it. I came here to escape from trolls and this love, and I didn't quite find what I was looking for. I found, rather than a secret treehouse in which people are secretly directed toward the ladder to join, an intimidating, ghostly fortress. Everyone has heard a rumor, but they don't know how to get into even if it is real, which is unfair. (If they did know of the more snobbish, immature things that went on here, perhaps they wouldn't want to join-- I would be ashamed for people to know that I am associated with some things on here.) This rumor is partly due to a mistake that I made that spurred other members to react and now this forum will forever suffer for it, and for this, I apologize, especially since I am deserting.
As for B&A, I will still be there, but I will not be answering Twilight questions. I've said this before, but I mean it now. I lied to myself, saying that I was doing some good by answering them because I tried to avoid generalization and insults. I realize now that I do more harm than good. I would do better to follow another example and just stay out of it. I realize that I can only do for myself, not others.
I won't go off and tell everyone about this site, and I may even come back (if you'll still have me), depending on if the things I don't agree with disappear, but by no means am I telling you to change them. I have made suggestions in the past, but this is your club now and I have no right to tell you how to run it. I wish you all the luck in this and I hope it makes you happy. I personally have to find the intellectual freedom I seek elsewhere.
We'll always have B&A. I still wish to have contact with all of you, but I fear that if I stick around here, then I won't want to-- and I don't want that to happen. Know that this comes from my heart, which many of you know fairly well, when I say I feel the Treehouse has fallen out of the birches.
I would leave with an epic "My dears, I don't give a damn," but that's not how I feel, so I'll say, "Here's looking at you, kids," and lots of love.

I'm sorry, Kels. I agree with some of the things you've said-- I have seen a few things I find to be immature, and I've tried to stay out of it. I'm going to stay on here, because I think once things settle down and we get more organized it will be what I thought it would be. So far a lot of it has seemed to be just Twilight stuff (which I admit to having contributed), but I think it's because of everything that's been going on-- I'm hoping it'll die down eventually.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kelsey
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 2780
Dictionary Definition : Kelsey-- Frequently called "Kels," this female specimen of Homo Sapiens belongs to the Literary Cabinet universe. Although she is a young member, she has shown her maturity to be above other species, sometimes. "Kelsey" can behave quite crazy in her own right. One of her most noticeable traits is paranoia and knowledge of trolls.

PostSubject: Kelsey's Last Stand   Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:11 am

I know you're thinking "Of all the forums in all the web in all the world, she walks into mine," and I did, but now I'm leaving. I have my reasons. At first when I got on here I was very excited that there would be a group of smart people who could discuss things, be they literature-related or just day-to-day, in a mature way. I discovered some content I disagreed with, I thought it was just the excitement of some freedom (I too, was very excited about this). However, not much has changed. It still remains a forum somewhat centered around a hate for a book series, much like B&A is somewhat centered around a love for it. I came here to escape from trolls and this love, and I didn't quite find what I was looking for. I found, rather than a secret treehouse in which people are secretly directed toward the ladder to join, an intimidating, ghostly fortress. Everyone has heard a rumor, but they don't know how to get into even if it is real, which is unfair. (If they did know of the more snobbish, immature things that went on here, perhaps they wouldn't want to join-- I would be ashamed for people to know that I am associated with some things on here.) This rumor is partly due to a mistake that I made that spurred other members to react and now this forum will forever suffer for it, and for this, I apologize, especially since I am deserting.
As for B&A, I will still be there, but I will not be answering Twilight questions. I've said this before, but I mean it now. I lied to myself, saying that I was doing some good by answering them because I tried to avoid generalization and insults. I realize now that I do more harm than good. I would do better to follow another example and just stay out of it. I realize that I can only do for myself, not others.
I won't go off and tell everyone about this site, and I may even come back (if you'll still have me), depending on if the things I don't agree with disappear, but by no means am I telling you to change them. I have made suggestions in the past, but this is your club now and I have no right to tell you how to run it. I wish you all the luck in this and I hope it makes you happy. I personally have to find the intellectual freedom I seek elsewhere.
We'll always have B&A. I still wish to have contact with all of you, but I fear that if I stick around here, then I won't want to-- and I don't want that to happen. Know that this comes from my heart, which many of you know fairly well, when I say I feel the Treehouse has fallen out of the birches because the bad outweighed the good; I was too much.
I would leave with an epic "My dears, I don't give a damn," but that's not how I feel, so I'll say, "Here's looking at you, kids," and lots of love.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kelsey's Last Stand   

Back to top Go down

Kelsey's Last Stand
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1