Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 1882
Dictionary Definition : Rodent - Homo Rodentiensis is a typical LC creature. Always ready to laugh about stupidity, this being has long occupied a special moderator status on the LC. As one of the very few LC creatures who actually can get and keep a partner, she is the object of constant envy. Though madness is not part of the average Rodents characteristics, this particular feature can at times be subject to change, especially when striken by severe sleep deprivation.
Awards :
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid?   Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:39 pm

Thats nothing...I have a friend who STILL beleives in spirits. She's even gone so far as to tell me that her spirit floated out of her body and went across canada and to New York to have an "intimate encounter" with her internet boyfriend.
drunken
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Goldfish

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid?   Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:37 pm

denizenofevil wrote:
haha...Parents...

Actually, I'm still confused about the Washington DC thing. I know they're not the same but I have a hard time wrapping my mind around that. It's like, "What?! Washington DC is a city?!"

Growing up, I was never into the whole princess thing (also a tomboy) but I used to think that in a past life, it was possible to have been a princess of some place or even Mozart. I don't believe in past lives anymore but it's still kinda funny to think that I used to think that my sister in a past life was Mozart just because of her musical talent.

lol! I used to believe in past lives as well, I mean, come on, I believed in future lives! So I figured, if there is a future life where one day my parents won't be mine, then there must've been a past life, right? I'm settled on dealing with just this life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
denizenofevil

Number of posts : 426

PostSubject: Re: What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid?   Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:35 pm

haha...Parents...

Actually, I'm still confused about the Washington DC thing. I know they're not the same but I have a hard time wrapping my mind around that. It's like, "What?! Washington DC is a city?!"

Growing up, I was never into the whole princess thing (also a tomboy) but I used to think that in a past life, it was possible to have been a princess of some place or even Mozart. I don't believe in past lives anymore but it's still kinda funny to think that I used to think that my sister in a past life was Mozart just because of her musical talent.
I don't know why but thinking about fairytale romances make me sad. Maybe it's because now we know that they don't come true.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Goldfish

PostSubject: Re: What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid?   Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:33 pm

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:
When I was a little girl, I used to crazy about the Disney Princesses. I always thought that every girl would become a princess, meet her prince and live "happily ever after" in this large, amazing castle. Thanks to real life, that image is totally shattered Sad .

That's quite the opposite of how I used to think and still do! I used to hate the Disney Princesses, I mean, I loved the movies, but I hated the princesses. Cinderella? Too passive aggressive for my taste. Even when I was younger, I didn't like her. Meh. That's why I wouldn't so quickly be classified as normal. king But I was a tomboy when I was younger, so that explains it all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 4826
Location : The computer of the Biology Research Lab......procrastinating.
Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid?   Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:30 pm

Solveig wrote:
Zara Sahana 007 wrote:

When I was a little girl, I used to crazy about the Disney Princesses. I always thought that every girl would become a princess, meet her prince and live "happily ever after" in this large, amazing castle. Thanks to real life, that image is totally shattered Sad .

Sounds like that moment when I realized Mr Darcy was not going to come.

Oh, wait. Now I remember. I refused to believe that. Smile

Aww, Solveig. I love Mr. Darcy and I'm so upset that he isn't real...sob.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laura
Admin

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.

PostSubject: Re: What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid?   Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:29 pm

Zara Sahana 007 wrote:

Sounds like that moment when I realized Mr Darcy was not going to come.

Oh, wait. Now I remember. I refused to believe that. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://literarycabinet.roomforum.com
Goldfish

PostSubject: Re: What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid?   Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:28 pm

denizenofevil wrote:
I thought Washington and Washington DC were the same things...

Oh my gosh, your mom actually said kids couldn't die?! lol! My parents constantly reminded me that if i did something stupid, I could get myself killed.

lol! lol! lol! That's funny, Denizenofevil! I think I frustrated my mom with talks like that, that she finally was like "Oh, good grief! Kids can't die!!" She hated when I bugged her about a certain topic, so that's why she would lie. lol! Parents are just as silly as kids.

Last edited by Goldfish on Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zara Mikazuki
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 4826
Location : The computer of the Biology Research Lab......procrastinating.
Dictionary Definition : Zara Sahana 007- Also known as "Zara," this abnormal specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens exhibits various bizarre behaviors. The most common of these include James Bond obsession, video game fever, and perhaps the strangest of all, a certain fondness for mathematics. Similar to other Homo Sapiens of the Literary Cabinet world, Zara Sahana 007 displays procrastination in brilliant forms, but will not admit to her oddball ways

PostSubject: Re: What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid?   Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:27 pm

denizenofevil wrote:

I continuously made that mistake until abour 5 years ago when somebody finally sorted it all out for me.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
denizenofevil

PostSubject: Re: What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid?   Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:06 pm

Oh my gosh, your mom actually said kids couldn't die?! lol! My parents constantly reminded me that if i did something stupid, I could get myself killed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Goldfish

PostSubject: Re: What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid?   Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:02 pm

Solveig wrote:
I knew for a fact that you could only read aloud. (I could read when I turned four, but it took me another year to figure out that it was possible to read without moving your lips.)

I had a hard time doing that, too, Solveig! lol!

Anyway, for me:

I thought kids couldn't die. I was really scared of death when I was younger and my mom--to placate me--said that kids couldn't die. Then when my friend's brother drowned in the river, I knew it was a lie.

I thought Seattle was the name of the state and not a city. I was like "Washington? We're not in Washington, DC. We're Seattle!"

I thought that when you died, you'd go to Heaven (or Hell) and wait for a while, then you would return to Earth with a whole new set of parents and the parents you had would belong to someone else. I actually cried about this, because I was like "I don't want to come back here and have you be someone else's mom!!"

I thought that ground beef was monkey brains, so I refrained from eating it and when I had to eat it, I would cringe. The reason was that I'd seen this documentary about people who lived in South America and they'd actually shown them eating monkey brains. Till this day, I still cringe a little, but I know better.

God, I was a really dumb child! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laura
Admin

Number of posts : 2387
Dictionary Definition : Laura: Also known as "Solveig", her internet pseudonym, this female specimen of Homo Sapiens founded the Literary Cabinet world. One can spot "Laura," by the fun she has grading papers and drinking coffee, with triple coffee consumption ever since she quit smoking. Like another species, Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous, she enjoys picking at the extreme Twilight fans. This specimen is particularly fond of procrastinating, as most of the other species of the Literary Cabinet Universe are.

PostSubject: Re: What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid?   Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:53 pm

I knew for a fact that you could only read aloud. (I could read when I turned four, but it took me another year to figure out that it was possible to read without moving your lips.)

I also was convinced that we were part of a movie. You know, I always saw other people and their families in movies, and figured someone must follow them in their everyday life with a camera, so why shouldn't we be secretly filmed and shown on TV? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://literarycabinet.roomforum.com
denizenofevil

PostSubject: Re: What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid?   Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:50 pm

I thought Africa was a country. I also thought that Seattle was a country...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Medusa

Number of posts : 270

PostSubject: Re: What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid?   Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:50 pm

I thought Rome was a country, I thought the man next door was a wizard with super powers, and that a dyed chicken was an alien.

Last edited by Medusa on Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
denizenofevil

PostSubject: Re: What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid?   Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:45 pm

I thought the guy who invented cigarettes was named Camel Joe.
I thought that soccer was for snobs. Ironic, considering that I now play and love soccer.
I thought that that you're supposed to lift your pinky when you drink tea so now, I have that habit and i can't even force my pinky down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jane
Master
Master

Number of posts : 1077
Dictionary Definition : Jane: Also known as "Ally," "Allison," and "freshmeat," this female Homo Sapiens specimen has proven herself a strong member of the Literary Cabinet world. One can recognize "Jane" by her taste in, especially older, men, many of them classic fictional characters, as well as her distinct fear of drama class auditions. Like many of the other species in the Literary Cabinet Universe, she is crazy in her own right.

PostSubject: Re: What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid?   Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:39 pm

I thought the sesame seeds that came on burgers were bugs, I thought Thespians had some connection to lesbians, and I was 99% sure that my grandpa was Santa Claus.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BeautyBlitz
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 1882
Dictionary Definition : Rodent - Homo Rodentiensis is a typical LC creature. Always ready to laugh about stupidity, this being has long occupied a special moderator status on the LC. As one of the very few LC creatures who actually can get and keep a partner, she is the object of constant envy. Though madness is not part of the average Rodents characteristics, this particular feature can at times be subject to change, especially when striken by severe sleep deprivation.
Awards :

PostSubject: Re: What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid?   Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:27 pm

My uncle Louie is missing the top part of one of his fingers, from the top knuckle up. Once as a kid I asked him how he lost it. He said he was wiggling it in his ear and it got stuck so they had to cut it off. It was YEARS before I had remembered what he had told me. I still smile at how gullible I was. I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GuardianSaiyoko
Aspiring newbie
Aspiring newbie

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid?   Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:40 pm

I actually saw this question on Y!A a while back, but I thought it was really interesting and the answers were fun.

For me, my brothers and I use to think there was only one other van that looked like ours growing up, so every time we saw a van that looked like it we'd all go "Look, there goes The Van That Looks Like Ours!"

You could hear the capital letters.

For some reason, I also used to think all roads went in straight lines and at right angles to each other. This may explain why I now have an incredibly lousy sense of direction. You could put it in a sideshow tent and charge admission, it's that bad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://home.comcast.net/~dragedatter/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid?   

Back to top Go down

What's something ridiculous you thought as a kid?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2