Literary Cabinet

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Happy Birthday Lilli!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Lilli!   Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:46 am

thank you and thank you!
Back to top Go down
Louisa
Guru
Guru

Number of posts : 6193
Dictionary Definition : Louisa Lynn--a unique specimen of the female gender of Homo Sapiens that has almost everything in common with another species: Homo Sapiens Zarasahanous. This specimen is always found with Asian (Filipino) descent and is a loyal friend to the "good side" during the epic Choco War. A common mutualistic companion found with this specimen is a Pokemon (most likely, the epic Arceus). This species is closely related to the species Homo Sapiens Tourterelleous. Common names include Lynn's Angel.
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Lilli!   Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:50 am

Horribly late to the party, but happy birthday, Lilli! I love you I miss talking to you!

EDIT: By the way, I absolutely adore the lovely Noomi Rapace gracing your profile pic. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Lilli!   Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:18 am

My thoughts exactly, Paul. People don't value sleep NEARLY enough. I can't believe I forgo sleep so much these days. As stressful as school was, it was also some of the times I got the best sleep because I shut off early and got up early too. And I liked it because it meant I could relax or work on my own terms.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin

Number of posts : 3518
Dictionary Definition : Dictionary Definition: Paul-One of the few male LC creatures known to exist, this specimen is one of the eldest in the LC universe. This specimen is known to work long hours but still makes time to commingle with fellow LC denizens. This being has a peculiar sense of humor and has been observed to shun smilies, although this aversion has been lessening as of late.
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Lilli!   Thu May 31, 2012 8:25 pm

I could never tolerate nightclubs. When I was younger I had a friend who dragged me to a couple of them one night. They were both loud, smoky, smelly, and way overcrowded. My friend couldn't understand why I was ready to leave as soon as I stepped in the door.

I was pretty wild in my youth (the late 1970's and early 1980's were a GREAT time for partying), but I stay very low-key now. Given the choice of an all-nighter or a nice, soft bed... Sleep

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Lilli!   Wed May 30, 2012 1:31 pm

Completely agree. Clubbing can end very badly, but a private party at a friend's house can always be wild and fun, or quiet and comfortable. Win-win.
Back to top Go down
Wanderer

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2011-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Lilli!   Wed May 30, 2012 1:28 pm

I agree totally about the forbidden spark. Wait until you go out for a drink with the guys from work. I swear they sit there and all they talk about IS WORK... and I'm like WTF. Drinking is totally not what it used to be and now we have this no smoking in public places law so I'll be sat at a table with a bunch of people and the next thing all of them clear and go out for a smoke. Not Fun! -- although before this smoking ban I used to smoke while I was out, but since the ban I stopped, so I guess it works.

I've always prefered private shindigs. Even now, if someone invites me out on the town -- I'll think about it, but a party at someones house always gets a yes from me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Lilli!   Wed May 30, 2012 7:37 am

Drinking for me was always 100x more attractive because it was illegal.
Now that I'm 18 I feel so bored of alcohol. Well, not really, but it's lost that special forbidden spark.
I hardly ever drink, but when I do, I usually go off the deep end. Which is why I don't drink much.
Back to top Go down
Wanderer

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Lilli!   Mon May 28, 2012 10:31 pm

No it wasn't the first time I'd had alcohol. I actually first got drunk when I was in second year of high school at my cousin's wedding in 1996, so that would have made me...12. Sounds kind of bad when I say it like that. But my parents were never very strict about that kind of thing. They believed that mistakes are the greatest teachers of all. But ever since I was 15 I had been drinking on street corners and in my friends' garages and bedroom's and whatnot. In the summer we would go to Sausage Island or Rabbit Island. Sausage Island was great because you could walk to it of a day and then by about 3pm the tide would come in and it would be surrounded by water, with no way of getting off until morning. The only way to get to Rabbit Island was by boat (obviously) which made the trip all the more fun. We'd have to cross all kinds of obstacles first though; a walk through a forest, along a railway track, then across a beach, just to get to the boat that my friend would use to get us onto the island. I have a lot of fond memories on those islands. I never got as drunk as I did on my 18th though. I like to be merry but not trashed. I'm not sure why I got as drunk as I did that night. I think part of me underestimated whiskey (which was a new-ish drink to me at the time) and another part of me was just showing off. But I am a responsible adult...most of the time anyway Twisted Evil

Aww, Paul. I'm sure your wife is very pretty. I actually had given up on the idea of dating Cat. She was with someone else for quite some time. I was surprised when my best mate told me she had been asking about me. I felt sick almost. Anyway, she became available and so we went on a double date with my best mate and his girlfriend, who was her best mate. And it worked out for us. Obviously we broke up -- but that was more to do with us becoming different people than it was a lack of chemistry. So I may have been lucky in getting the girls, but keeping them, I've always fell short. But -- I regret nothing, especially the stupid things. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paul
Admin

Dictionary Definition : Dictionary Definition: Paul-One of the few male LC creatures known to exist, this specimen is one of the eldest in the LC universe. This specimen is known to work long hours but still makes time to commingle with fellow LC denizens. This being has a peculiar sense of humor and has been observed to shun smilies, although this aversion has been lessening as of late.

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Lilli!   Mon May 28, 2012 10:10 pm

Great story, Ben. Brings back memories of my own "misspent" youth, as it were Laughing . I've been drunk plenty of times, but I've never had to be taken home in a wheelbarrow...that I remember scratch . I've fallen in love with plenty of pretty girls, though. Not one dated me. So you're ahead of me there, as well Smile .

So 18 is the legal drinking age in the UK? It's 21 here in the US. There was a time when the legal drinking age was 18, and I almost caught it when I turned 18, but that year they raised it to 19. And when I turned 19, they raised it to 20...you see how this goes. Of course I still drank, but you didn't hear that from me... whistle

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Lilli!   Mon May 28, 2012 9:37 am

A-MA-ZING, Ben. Emphasis on the 'zing' part. That sounds like a memorable night, and everything an 18th birthday party should be - wild, a little out of control and crazy, and prime blackmail material. Hahaha.
I'm glad you had friends to take care of you. Being left alone when you're trashed is no fun at all.

EDIT: Was that the first time you had alcohol? Pretty audacious to drink that much if it was!
Back to top Go down
Wanderer

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Lilli!   Thu May 24, 2012 10:49 pm

I think this must be the most active Birthday post yet! A week later and we are still posting here. Very Happy

Anyway, about my 18th. Even to this day some of the details are still hazy. But anyway, I was in my second year of college and my friends were desperate to celebrate something, anything would do, and since I was the first of the gang to turn 18, my coming of age would suffice. It kind of sucked because I wanted to celebrate in a bar, y’know legally – because that was the whole freaking point of turning 18. But, my mates were still 17 and even though they could have passed for 18 we decided to celebrate in my mate’s father’s garage (which was freaking huge) my mate’s father was (and still is) a very successful fisherman and owned four trawlers (making himself a millionaire in the process). There was a huge gathering of people (most of whom I’d never met before and some I’ve never seen since) anyway, to cut a long story short, in walks my best mate’s girlfriend’s best mate – a beautifully sexy girl named Cat. She was so hot and I remember thinking she looked exactly like Mena Suvari from American Beauty. I brought my own booze. A bottle of whiskey (and feeling that it looked a little flimsy, I bought a bottle of cider and four cans of Carlsberg, too)

As you can imagine I had gotten quite drunk, very quickly. And somehow managed to make it to the beach where a cop had stumbled across us and my mates said for a joke “we’re only drinking orange juice.” At that moment I threw up – and apparently the cop said: “Oh yeah, he’s throwing up orange juice everywhere.” And then walked off. Feeling a little brave I decided to talk to Cat. She was very pleasant at which point I told her how sexy she was and how I really fancied her. I really don’t remember much after that, but apparently I wanted to go home (only problem was I was far too drunk to walk) My mate Chris found a Wheel-barrow in some guys garden and all I remembered was looking up at the stars as I was being pushed along the street. I suddenly demanded that they let me out and ran up to Cat and asked her to marry me – I honestly don’t remember what she said. The next thing I became convinced that someone had poisoned me and demanded an ambulance. The ambulance came and took me home but assured me that I wasn’t poisoned I was just really pissed.

Anyway, as you can imagine I didn’t live it down for the rest of the year… and do you know what? that girl, Cat, who I’d never seen before that night, kept showing up time and time again after wards. I was really hoping that I would never see her again; I was way too embarrassed to see her. But she was great about it and had a soft spot for me after that. About a year later we began to date, why she agreed to it I will never know, but we were together for just over a year, I still see her from time to time, she’s married now with a kid.

Despite making a complete idiot of myself, I consider my 18th to be one of the most important nights of my life. They were good friends I had back then, I sometimes hear stories from others about someone getting drunk and just being left to fend for themselves, but those guys really took care of me and I never really thought about it at the time – but I must have been a freaking nuisance that night.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Lilli!   Thu May 24, 2012 10:39 am

Thanks, guys!
I am resting, and hopefully, posting more, Paul. Smile
Back to top Go down
Wanderer

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Lilli!   Wed May 23, 2012 8:28 pm

Woohoo!!! no more finals for Lilli. cheers Congratulations, I bet you did really great.

Someone stole your birday cake? I never believed evil existed until this moment. I shall hunt them down and make them pay. Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paul
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Lilli!   Wed May 23, 2012 8:12 pm

Your birthday cake was stolen? That's low. *Paul wipes frosting from mouth*

Congrats on finishing your finals! Hopefully you can take a break and rest up before jumping into a new schedule?

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Lilli!   Wed May 23, 2012 4:01 am

Ready to join the adult world, Magda? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

AND IN OTHER AWESOME NEWS:

FINALS ARE DONE! HAAHAHAHAHHAHAHA !!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Twisted Evil king sunny cheers elephant afro pipe jumping bouncy victory doggie banana What a Face snoopy knight bath winner joy clap2

and now back to life. Jumping on a bus tonight to finalize my next year's schedule. Rolling with the punches. Getting my belated birthday cake stolen (Yep, that happened ... this morning) ... you know... same old, same old.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Lilli!   Sat May 19, 2012 1:15 am

Magda wrote:
And this will be me nearly six months from now. I shudder to think of it. pale

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

*Oops, sorry, it just slipped* lol!

Magda

Number of posts : 262

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Lilli!   Fri May 18, 2012 4:28 am

And this will be me nearly six months from now. I shudder to think of it. pale
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paul
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Lilli!   Thu May 17, 2012 8:20 pm

Lillian wrote:
Next, I'll be balancing my checkbook and going to sleep at 9:00 PM.

Yeeeees, welcome to my world, legal adult! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry...I don't know what came over me... lol!

And yes, Ben, I want to hear that story as well! drunken

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Lilli!   Thu May 17, 2012 6:26 am

Aw, you guys are awesome! Thanks for the wishes, people! Paul, Ben, and Magda, you are wonderful, and I know you brighten up each and every corner you inhabit. huuuug

I'm finishing up Hell Week. Next week is three days of finals, and then I go back to TC. I appreciate the support you've given me. As for turning 18, I feel so legal and boring. Hahaha. Next, I'll be balancing my checkbook and going to sleep at 9:00 PM.

Ben, I WANT SO MUCh to hear that story, it sounds hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Magda

Number of posts : 262

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Lilli!   Wed May 16, 2012 9:22 pm

Ben, I would very much like to hear that story.

Lilli, happy birthday! I hope your day (and your year) (and the rest of your life) is very happy and shiny. Thank you for continuing to help make this forum amazing. Enjoy being an adult!

glomp knight I love you clown cat redheart bee starwars elephant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wanderer

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Lilli!   Wed May 16, 2012 6:35 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LILLI!!! banana bounce jumping elephant bouncy victory

Our LC princess turns 18 Very Happy I hope you have a fantastic day, Lilli. I know you'll be more responsible than I was on my 18th -- A bottle of whiskey, bottle of cider, a wheel-barrow, a proposal of marriage and an ambulance! -- that's all I'm going to say. Suspect

Seriously though, have a great day. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paul
Admin

PostSubject: Happy Birthday Lilli!   Wed May 16, 2012 6:10 pm

Happy birthday to an original LCer, a great person, and a dear friend that I am very glad I got to know here. Lilli, I know things are a bit tough for you right now, but you'll make it through. For now, I hope your birthday is a great one!

cheers jumping elephant bouncy banana sunny joy glomp knight snoopy huuuug and of course Twisted Evil

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birthday Lilli!   

Back to top Go down

Happy Birthday Lilli!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1